“Great play centre !”
Review of Funtastic Play

Funtastic Play
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Carryduff
More attraction details
Owner description: Funtastic Children's Indoor Play Centre located in Carryduff. Funtastic play offers a range of fun for 0-11 including soft play, multi-sensory room, party rooms and a restaurant. Open Friday to Wednesday 10am - 6pm (last entry 4.30Pm).Closed on Thursdays during term time. ASD sessions run on the first Monday of each month from 5-7pm. Last entry on this day will be 3.30pm.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great play centre !”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I would encourage all people who like me have always had very positive experiences at Funtastic to write a review here.

I have visited the play centre on no less than 50 occasions and apart from the inevitable spats that arise within the play frame (between children) and there occasionally being a wait for coffee and food at busy time, I have never had a problem with Funtastic and have never seen staff being any less than professional and hardworking.

The playframe itself is a triumph, by far the biggest and best in the region with new and different types of play equipment. It is cleaned regularly even including the balls in the ball pool being taken out regularly and sterilised ... I know thisa because I cheekily asked a member of staff what they were doing with the balls !

The food is second to none, very well cooked and presented and a lot better quality than most cafes never mind play centres.

My son had a party there and it was well managed and ran like clockwork. For the price, I was very impressed with the organisation and the food was very good too.

My other son is autistic and thsi was the first play centre to cater solely for the needs of children like him who have different social and sensory needs to neurotypical children.

You can probably tell that I really like this place and it does bother me to see such vitriolic reviews when it is really not the fault of the owners or staff. At the end of the day it is a business that needs rules and policies to function financially, safely and fairly.

2 Thank Curlywurly34

Co Limerick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great start to the Easter holidays”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After reading about the numerous awards given to Funtastic Play, I brought my 3 children to visit this play centre and was bowled over by the place. It is one of the most spacious play centres we have visited and my girls haven't stopped gushing about how great (and varied) the play equipment is. It would seem that everything has been thought of, from smallies right up to the bigger kids.

The food is amazing and so reasonably priced - I would actually visit again just to have lunch, and the staff were friendly and professional.

I would highly recommend this place for all ages. Be warned though, given the popularity of the place, we had a small wait to get in but it is def worth it, maybe if you don't like waiting phone ahead and get an idea of the quieter times.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LorrBr
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Funtastic....fantastic!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is probably one of the best soft play areas we have been to. The playframe is massive & all 3 of my children, from age 5 up to 9 are well entertained. We have had 2 birthday parties here & have been to a few others & each time the parties have run like clockwork - the staff are extremely friendly & professional & nothing is too much trouble. Special diets are catered for at no extra cost & the food for the adults is great too- reasonably priced & great variety (the chunky chips are the best!) We will definitely be back!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Roobarb75
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Appalling customer service”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Will never be back. Had tried to book a party for my son and thought I had as that was what I was told. As I hadn't got a chance to run up and pay the deposit the week I had booked, I rang to apologise and to say I would be up only to have the most unpleasant experience. I was accussed of lying and making the booking up by the owner. Not sure why anyone would do so though?

When I had originally made the booking the girl told me that I was booked in for my chosen date and time. I asked could I pay the deposit over the phone, which I was told I could not! Though I could call up during the week with the deposit. Unfortunately I was unable to make it up last week due to unforeseen circumstances which I explained to the owner today.

When I rang up today to enquire about my booking and to let them no that I would be up later, the owner was very rude and told me I could have paid over the phone and that they do not take provisional bookings due to people like me who didn't bother paying! I had every intention of paying but when I tried to explain why I didn't make it up yet the owner was very unsympathetic, rude and quite frankly horrible.

I am horrified and appalled at how I was spoken too. And have heard from friends, of staff screaming at children. So if you are thinking of booking here I would strongly advise you to think of somewhere else with pleasant staff and owners.

29 Thank leahmcdonnell
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Disgusted!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Felt I had to write this review as I am just disgusted at the response my mother in law recieved after writing a letter of complaint to this establishment. She had taken my son here and had felt that the cleanliness of the toilets where poor, a child had vomited in the play area and the staff had took 10 mins to decide who was cleaning it (very unprofessional) and a few other issues she had felt where not acceptable. In response to her complaint she recieved no apology but an email refusing to admit there were any problems and furthermore that she should take her grandson elsewhere. Clearly management or lack of should I say after one thing and one thing only!!!! We shall gladly take their advice and will not b returning with great pleasure.

Visited January 2014