“Unclean and dark”

Add it.
Funtastic Play
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Carryduff
More attraction details
Owner description: Funtastic Children's Indoor Play Centre located in Carryduff. Funtastic play offers a range of fun for 0-11 including soft play, multi-sensory room, party rooms and a restaurant. Open Friday to Wednesday 10am - 6pm (last entry 4.30Pm).Closed on Thursdays during term time. ASD sessions run on the first Monday of each month from 5-7pm. Last entry on this day will be 3.30pm.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is my 3rd visit since it opened and 2nd time manageress was rude unfriendly and never smiled on both last time and second time. The place needs a good clean the dust on play frames it inch thick.this place will only last a few years more. The honeymoon period is over but the cracks are showing.

24  Thank bassdrinker
Funtasticplay, Owner at Funtastic Play, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

To say the Funtastic is unclean and dark is simply not true. The daily compliments on cleanliness and awards won in the first 18 months would suggest otherwise.

Perhaps on your fourth visit you could point out the dirt and we will happily clean it up as we take cleanliness very seriously.

All reviews
"she loves"
"ball pool"
"lots of fun"
in 3 reviews
"would highly recommend this place"
"little boy"
in 11 reviews
"facilities"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I frequently visit this establishment with my five year old son, he absolutely loves it here, as do I, especially when I manage to get a comfy sofa to lounge on with a yummy coffee while my little live wire has a ball.
I have always found the staff to be great, my little one is quite the chatterbox and the staff always have a laugh with him and make us feel welcome. I am hoping to have my sons birthday party here in October which will hopefully let all the other mums see how great this place is and make it a regular fun destination also.

2  Thank Gayle H
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After reading so many reviews about this being the best place to bring little ones and recommending it to family after a planned day had to be postponed due to the weather I was left highly disappointed.

On arriving we were met with a cold and frosty reception by someone (which I later found out was the owner) - who insisted on double checking the numbers that were coming in the door. Despite already telling the girl who served us the same information!

Then we spent the day being chased about by staff telling us off for being in the play area with no socks on and demanding that we went and purchased socks from the reception desk. I appreciate that they are being H&S conscious but they need to make things like that clear, not subject paying members of the public to cheeky and demanding staff who might I add walk into the play areas with shoes on to tell parents off, bit contradictory!!

The tipping point for me was when we asked to take the babies into the sensory room. Staff were helpful enough and kindly opened the door for us. My little one was playing over in one of the corners. He then proceeded to go over to another area and as the mats at the section he was playing at were quite raised in comparison to the height of the others mat in the room he tumbled off the mat hit the floor face first bursting his lip and nose. Whilst I appreciate the room is designed the way it is but in my opinion the mats in the room should be at the same height and the ones that he specifically tumbled off were just too high for little toddlers who just want to adventure,

On leaving I spoke to the Manager about the mats merely suggesting that they should all be at the same height because my little one had tumbled off the high ones and burst his lip and nose. Well all I can say is I am sorry I mentioned it, I was met with again a cold and unsympathetic ear who showed no care for the fact my little one was leaving the premises with a burst lip and a bad nosebleed! I was told in a stern voice that the sensory room was mainly for children with disabilities (which i think its fantastic) and that my little one should have been watching what he was doing. Now how do you tell a 18 month old to watch what they are doing!!! No sympathy, no question as to whether he was alright and if there was anything she could do, just reiterating that the room was designed that way to suit the needs of disabled children and then proceeded to laugh at me to a fellow member of staff. Very unprofessional.

Disappointing afternoon spent being told off by the fun police, being spoken to rudely by the owner and now seeing my little one with a fat red lip will make me think twice about going back.

32  Thank bots
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We've been to a lot of similar places, we have three kids so there's a lot of weekends to fill. Funtastic is their favourite play area by far, and even though it's a bit of a trek for us (Antrim area) we had our daughter's 5th Birthday party there at the weekend. Great, massive play frame/area thingy - slides, ball pools, all the kit.

It's nice to get a platter for the Adults while the kids munch on their nuggets, I could eat the wings and onion rings all day :) Very handy to have Gluten Free options for the kids too (son is Coeliac).

I have to agree with some of the other posters - places like this are what you make it with your kids, they aren't a babysitting service! compared to other play areas we've been to (no names mentioned, I'm thinking of a dancing ape hint hint) this one is well run, but you can never account for those absentee parents who blame everybody but their little snowflake. You couldn't pay me enough to work in a play area :)

We will be back. I will eat more onion rings :D

1  Thank Adoran45
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I would encourage all people who like me have always had very positive experiences at Funtastic to write a review here.

I have visited the play centre on no less than 50 occasions and apart from the inevitable spats that arise within the play frame (between children) and there occasionally being a wait for coffee and food at busy time, I have never had a problem with Funtastic and have never seen staff being any less than professional and hardworking.

The playframe itself is a triumph, by far the biggest and best in the region with new and different types of play equipment. It is cleaned regularly even including the balls in the ball pool being taken out regularly and sterilised ... I know thisa because I cheekily asked a member of staff what they were doing with the balls !

The food is second to none, very well cooked and presented and a lot better quality than most cafes never mind play centres.

My son had a party there and it was well managed and ran like clockwork. For the price, I was very impressed with the organisation and the food was very good too.

My other son is autistic and thsi was the first play centre to cater solely for the needs of children like him who have different social and sensory needs to neurotypical children.

You can probably tell that I really like this place and it does bother me to see such vitriolic reviews when it is really not the fault of the owners or staff. At the end of the day it is a business that needs rules and policies to function financially, safely and fairly.

2  Thank Curlywurly34