“Nice big, clean rooms with a few quirks”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Perham
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Overall I had a great stay at the Crossings. I really like the location. It is close to groceries, bank, liquor store and downtown Perham. I've been coming to Perham for about 15 years for business and I never stayed in Perham because there weren't any decent hotels. So I was very excited on this trip to try out the Crossings. All the people at the front desk were super friendly and that is so important when staying in a hotel. The room was quite large and comfortable. I would have designed it differently but it's fine. TV was good, it comes with a fridge and microwave and fast internet. I thought the room was very quiet but I can sleep through anything.

I had only two issues with the place. There is no elevator or automatic front door opener. So first you have to lug your baggage through two doors (they weren't heavy doors but still...) and then you have to carry your bags upstairs. I mean, really? What were you thinking not having an elevator? I also had a problem regulating the temp on the air conditioner, it was very unresponsive and when I asked at the front desk it was like they knew exactly what I was talking about. They just said "turn it way down and then it will kick in". I did as they suggested and it did the trick but there was basically no way to regulate the temperature. Once I learned the trick it didn't bother me the rest of my stay but you shouldn't need to ask how to work the A/C. It's a very nice looking hotel, you almost feel like you're visiting someone's house. Fix these minor issues and I'll be a steady customer for life.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Amy K, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Thank you for your contribution and comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate and understand your concern with certain areas of the hotel. We are glad that we could meet most of your expectations and will hopefully give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My rating would be higher except for the train traffic in the town that kept me awake most of the night. Earplugs were definitely needed. The breakfast was pretty standard, not really the gourmet that was promised, but enough to get by. Didn't take advantage of the evening happy hour or the pool area. The service of the hotel staff was excellent. They were friendly and helpful. The hotel was easy to find and in a safe area. If the train noise could be fixed, I'd recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Amy K, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you so much for the positive comments about our hotel and staff! We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team.
I do apologize for the train noise you experienced while you were here. The train passes thru Perham on occasion. Normally, during day hours. I do hope this does not deter you from staying at our hotel.
In regards to the breakfast I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with it. I would love to hear from you in what you would of liked to have. As we are always trying to improve. We hope with our continued efforts you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I was in Perham for the first time meeting a friend.I like that the hotel doesn't look all flashy on the outside and disappoint on the inside.Nice staff.Friendly,helpful and accommodating.Priced very well.I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank letsgoesko

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so pleased to hear all the great comments. Please consider GrandStay your Home Away from Home the next time you are in Perham.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Spent 4 nights there over the 4th of July; our second multi night stay there in the past couple of years. Rooms are very nice size wise and amenities. Hotel serves a breakfast which was good; hostess was attentative in making sure items were replemished and available during breakfast. Has pool area; enjoyed stay.

Room Tip: No elevator so keep that in mind. One side faces parking lot and other side faces lawn and farm fiel...
1  Thank EPTourney

We are extrremely pleased that your experience was everything you hoped for. We like to thank you as well for the very kind reveiw and recommendation, we value the product and service that we offer to our guest. Our product and the expectations we have for ourselves are held at such high standards and that reflection shows in your stay.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was our second stay here. Crossings is a very clean hotel, with a fantastic breakfast, a playground and pool (to keep the kids busy) and an incredible service! The staff is the most friendly we have come across in all our travels. The cleanliness and service make it a rare find. We really enjoy staying at Crossings and look forward to staying again next year!

1  Thank Jodie E
Amy K, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Thank you for telling everyone about your wonderful stay with us. We appreciate your comment greatly. We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.

Regarding the shower head please advise the front desk staff immediately if any issues happen as then we can fix them right away.

We strive to continue to "WOW" you every time you stay at the Crossings Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were in Perham for a wedding and the hotel was VERY helpful in setting up multiple reservations. My disappointment was that there was no exercise room, I was able to walk outside-the area is very safe. However, earlier in the week the temperatures were well into the 90's and I dont like to walk outside then, also they have long winters and cold spells which may be prohibitive in the winter. The breakfast was OK, there was no skim milk or low-sugar yogurt and for a new hotel is not set-up very efficiently for the busiest times. Perham itself is a delightful little town, full of little shopping surprises-be sure not to miss the little drug store, it is chock full of quality gifts and collectables.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I want to thank you for your good and not so good comments about your stay at the Crossings Inn & Suites. This is how we can improve ways to for you to have a better stay.
In regards to no exercise facility. We are partnering up with our Community Center for a better way our guest who desire to continue with their daily exercise routines at a less expensive cost to them directly. At this time we do provide a discounted coupon to the community center for the guests who desire to work out.
I apologize we did not have a lower fat yogurt or have skim milk as these are rarely requested. In your future stays with us, please advise us that you would like skim milk & a lower fat yogurt as you make your next reservation and I will personally see to it that some will be there for you.

Amy K

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We visited friends near Purham and were delighted to find this almost new lodging place. This hotel has friendly staff, wonderful whirlpool tubs in the king rooms, ample rooms, clean, clean, clean and an ok breakfast. Bed was excellent when you don't even think about it until the review. We would definitely stay again. We were allowed a late checkout.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcw40

We are so thankful that you took the time to write such an absolutely amazing review about your room, the staff and your entire stay with us. Our team finds such satisfaction in going above and beyond and making each guests stay GRAND. I am confident that your next stay will once again WOW you.

Respectfully,
Amy K.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Perham
Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit
#8 of 10 in Detroit Lakes
Super 8 Perham
Super 8 Perham
#2 of 2 in Perham

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN? Share your experiences!