GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Budget Host Inn(Detroit Lakes)
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand stayfamily get togetherthe breakfast areawater pressure in the showerroom was cleanfirst floorcontinental breakfastdefinitely stay here againking suitepool and hot tubplace to stayrooms are nicepool areawould highly recommend this hoteloff the highwaypleasant staycoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We checked in very late, around 11pm. I asked the desk clerk if I could get any extra pillows. Her response was very short, NO. She must have read the expression on my face and then she explained that there are 4 pillows on each bed, but there are no extra pillows in the hotel.

I was taken aback when we arrived and stepped out of our vehicle. The hotel is in a very rural area and there was a very strong smell of cow manure outside and circulated into the room when the A/C was started.

No ventilation in the bathrooms, and No grab bars in the tub.

The mattresses were ok but appear to be worn.

I passed on the breakfast buffet, I could not eat with the smell.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Amy K, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Good Afternoon Trisha-
I appreciate your comments. It helps us provide better customer service to our guests. I wanted to address the issues you have addressed. I wanted you to know that we were awaiting on the arrival of the pillows we had order, so that is why we did not have extra pillows in the hotel. However, I do apologize greatly for how she responded to you. I spoke to our Front Desk Staff that had assisted you at check in and addressed the issue with her as well.

In regards to the ventilation in the bathroom- the fan/vent is built in and is silent. We are working on putting grab bars in all the suites. At this time we only have grab bars in our handicapable suites.

Our hotel is now almost 4 years old and the mattresses are slept on quite bit. We are in the process of replacing mattress as they get worn out. We are able to do this as guests advise us when they are staying and to which rooms we are needing to provide extra attention.

The smell you had smelt is from a lagoon near our area. This is an issue the city takes very seriously as they are working on diminishing the smell that you had run into while here. It rarely occurs now.

I do hope you come & stay again. I would love the opportunity to "WOW " you.

Sincerely & Respectfully,

Amy
Crossings Inn & Suites

Reviewed 30 July 2012

From the checkin to the checkout it wexceeeded expectations. The front desk staff went overboard in making us feel welcome. Special kudos to Amy. Pool nice and having something hot for breakfast made it one extra step. Will definitetly be back when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to have gained you as a loyal customer. We strive each day to be the best in the business. We are very thankful to have had the opportunity to "WOW" you.

Sincerely
Amy K

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I recently stayed overnight for a business trip. The hotel does not have an elevator, the only reason i rated it average. There was a bar and a breakfast bar and the room accommodations were great. Checkout was a breeze.

Room Tip: Pick a higher number if you want a more quiet room, away from the stairs and lobby noise
1  Thank Zoulek
Amy K, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Thank you for your comments. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. Please let me know if you will be back with us soon and I’m happy to help with any questions or concerns .Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns, and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Overall I had a great stay at the Crossings. I really like the location. It is close to groceries, bank, liquor store and downtown Perham. I've been coming to Perham for about 15 years for business and I never stayed in Perham because there weren't any decent hotels. So I was very excited on this trip to try out the Crossings. All the people at the front desk were super friendly and that is so important when staying in a hotel. The room was quite large and comfortable. I would have designed it differently but it's fine. TV was good, it comes with a fridge and microwave and fast internet. I thought the room was very quiet but I can sleep through anything.

I had only two issues with the place. There is no elevator or automatic front door opener. So first you have to lug your baggage through two doors (they weren't heavy doors but still...) and then you have to carry your bags upstairs. I mean, really? What were you thinking not having an elevator? I also had a problem regulating the temp on the air conditioner, it was very unresponsive and when I asked at the front desk it was like they knew exactly what I was talking about. They just said "turn it way down and then it will kick in". I did as they suggested and it did the trick but there was basically no way to regulate the temperature. Once I learned the trick it didn't bother me the rest of my stay but you shouldn't need to ask how to work the A/C. It's a very nice looking hotel, you almost feel like you're visiting someone's house. Fix these minor issues and I'll be a steady customer for life.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your contribution and comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate and understand your concern with certain areas of the hotel. We are glad that we could meet most of your expectations and will hopefully give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My rating would be higher except for the train traffic in the town that kept me awake most of the night. Earplugs were definitely needed. The breakfast was pretty standard, not really the gourmet that was promised, but enough to get by. Didn't take advantage of the evening happy hour or the pool area. The service of the hotel staff was excellent. They were friendly and helpful. The hotel was easy to find and in a safe area. If the train noise could be fixed, I'd recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Amy K, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you so much for the positive comments about our hotel and staff! We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team.
I do apologize for the train noise you experienced while you were here. The train passes thru Perham on occasion. Normally, during day hours. I do hope this does not deter you from staying at our hotel.
In regards to the breakfast I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with it. I would love to hear from you in what you would of liked to have. As we are always trying to improve. We hope with our continued efforts you will visit us again in the future.

Amy K.