“From fine dining to bowling!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ramsey, Minnesota
“From fine dining to bowling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I believe this was the most popular place in town to be. There is a bar, family area, a fine dining area and even a small bowling alley. Had a very nice steak. Oh, you will want the au gratin potatoes for you side dish! Even though it's nicer dining you can still wear jeans, everyone else will be.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ToddSmith2000

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best place in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was in town for business for 4 days, and I ate at The Cactus 3 times. They have a nice variety of food, and everything I had (Steak, chicken, walleye) was great! The pricing is reasonable--you can get a basic $8-12 item or go for the more pricey steaks and seafood.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nels311
Blake M, Owner at The Cactus, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Nels4985 -

Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I am glad you appreciated our variety of foods and were happy with our pricing and quality. I hope to see you again soon whether it's for business or vacation. I couldn't help but notice you stayed at the Crossings Hotel and would like to remind you of our 10% discount special with them as well.

I look forward to seeing you again,

Perham, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NICE DINING”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

For the most part this is a nice place to eat. I have had more good experiences than bad - sometimes service & food can be a bit slow even if not busy. One of the areas that needs t be taken care of is the bathrooms!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Perham, Minnesota, United States
“food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Love love their pasta. I think it is a little spendy but I still love to go there, in fact when my mom comes up that is where we always take her. I work at a local hotel and I always tell guests to go there and most of them like it.

Visited March 2014
Blake M, Owner at The Cactus, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Heather -

Thank you for reviewing my restaurant. I appreciate your sending guests our way as well. In the event that a guest is not fully satisfied please make sure to let us know if there is anything we can do better to accommodate them.

Thanks again

Blake Minge
“I'll never go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Quite possibly the worst excuse for a restaurant I've ever experienced.4 Visits in the last 6months, each time worse than the previous.I've experienced appetizers served with the dinner, after the salad, rail drinks served as premium cocktails, waitresses clocking off and going home between the drink order and food order, and the never present hostess to seat you.the entire first page of the menu is dedicated to the quality of the food,skills of the chefs, and how they always go the extra mile when preparing your meal.I've had the steaks and the burgers done over charcoal, I'd venture a bet you wouldn't find a lump of charcoal in the building.a bleau cheese burger comes covered in bbq sauce also? Seriously?.I wish them the best in their new venture at the golf course.my wife and I ate there many times under the previous owners because the food and service were second to none...doubt that will carry over.

• Visited January 2014
Blake M, Owner at The Cactus, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Scott,
I do apologize if your visits to The Cactus have been less than satisfactory, yet must assure you that this is not a normal occurrence. I would like to further discuss your visits and possibly establish a trend, if any does exist causing your experiences.

I appreciate your time in reviewing my business. I do want to address a couple of comments that are incorrect. Our rail drinks are mixed with what is generally a call shot. Gin = Tanquery , Rum = Bacardi, they are priced as such, which is competitive with all of our local competition. On your guest check you will also see the name of the alcohol that was poured for your rail drink. Our steaks, burgers, and pork are proudly prepared over Kingsford charcoal, always have been always will. Products the same, handcut choice grade steaks, fresh burger, and the freshest seafood available this time of year in Minnesota. We do not have a bleu cheese burger with BBQ, we have a Black and Bleu, which comes with bleu cheese crumbles, fried onions and pepperjack cheese, and we also have a Cactus Supreme burger, which is BBQ, Jalepenos, Bacon and Pepperjack, I apologize for your confusion.

On to the next section of your review, the bid for the golf course was granted to our management company for a variety of reasons, one being an outstanding reputation for great food, and great service.