“My Favorite Stop When Heading to Brainerd”
Review of The Shante

The Shante
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Pillager
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Every few weeks I head over to Brainerd to shop, etc and always try to stop at The Shante for great food and drinks. I particularly enjoy the 210 Turtle Mocha and Italian Creme Sodas for beverages and for sandwiches my favorites are the Pretzel Bacon Breakfast Sandwich (highly addictive) and the Roast Beef and Cheddar (which is better than I've had anywhere else ever). The atmosphere is very cozy and relaxing, the staff is friendly and Anna is just great. I keep begging her to open up The Shante II in my hometown but to no avail. I'll keep hoping though!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Charming coffee shop/cafe filled with creative, locally hand made products (cribbage boards, aprons, mugs, bowl cozies). Delicious, reasonably priced breakfast and lunch items. Their breakfast sandwich on a pretzel bun is yummy! Ditto for the breakfast burrito, cranberry gobbler sandwich, and white chocolate scones. There's a cozy corner by a window for those wanting to settle down on a couch or easy chair to read, daydream, or use the free wifi. This will be regular coffee spot whenever I'm nearby.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was just driving by on my way to a business meeting, and stopped in for coffee. It's the sweetest place ever. So friendly. Great coffee. I can't vouch for the food yet, but I'll be coming back tomorrow for lunch.

1  Thank josh l
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I LOVE visiting Anna and her workers as often as I can! I love the coffee, tea, cold drinks specials, sandwiches, AND all the fun local items you can look at and purchase. Why go to a chain coffee shop or chain restaurant when you can go to a place that has great food and drinks?

1  Thank Gabe63