“Great rooms”

Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had to travel to Minn for work and my company put me up in a mini studio. Amazing room, almost a full kitchen,(fridge, sink, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, single burner stove top, dishwasher, garbage disposal, etc)only thing missing was an oven, but I had no intention of cooking anything. As anyone who's traveled on business knows, you get a meal per diem.
My only complaint about the room is the tv, the lazy susan it sits on always wants to face the bed, so you have to chalk it to stay facing the couch, and there's no USB port to play movies from a computer or usb stick. Otherwise, bed was comfy, water pressure was great, etc. the gym is a lil small, but has treadmills and free weights, great pool , although i didn't partake in the pool.
There are a number of stores within walking distance, but no real nightlife within walking distance. It's actually a boring town. But the front desk staff is friendly and helpful(when you can get them to come to the front desk-they're usually hiding in back)
Breakfast buffett is standard, but there's no bacon.
If I need to go to plymouth again, I will most likely stay here again.

Room Tip: mini studios are fantastic
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CarolynMurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear SMAdaddy,

I know that I am responding to you a bit late, but I was going through some of our older review on TripAdvisor and noticed yours. I wanted to apologize for no one on our team responding to your review. Although I was not at the property at the time, I want to thank you for your feedback. I know our guests find reviews like yours very helpful. The one thing that I wanted to make sure I addressed was your comment about our team not being at the front desk. We do have a fabulous front desk team now that is more present at the desk and always ready and willing to help. I also wanted to mention that we have recently added bacon as a rotational item to our breakfast offerings. :)

We hope that when your travelling to Plymouth again for work that you will be our guest again. We will also be happy to point you to some really fun places near by. We are also less than 15 minutes to Downtown Minneapolis, Excelsior and Wayzata, which offer a little something different than your typical suburb.

Thank you again for your review!

Carolyn Murphy -General Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Taking a quick trip to the twin cities for work and found that this hotel was such a great place to stay! The room was great, the hotel was clean, the staff was exceptional, the breakfasts had such a variety of good foods, and when the evening happy hour came, I did not know what to expect, but the eats were also very good, and our friends, coworkers, etc had a good time socializing. I would recommend this to all and anyone.

Room Tip: Have a car available, but the hotel does have a shuttle.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CarolynMurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Pieter W,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your review and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciated our happy hours. We have made our happy hours even better since the last time you stayed and have upgraded our food offerings as well as our beer and wine selections. We hope that you will have a chance to join us soon for happy hour during your next trip to the area!

Carolyn Murphy

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great price weekend stay was found online. Residence-style apartment with full kitchen equipped with dishes, cutlery, full size fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker etc. No bathtub in our room - very large shower instead - might want to ask at booking time if that's important to you. Our room faced the busy access road (hotel is right next to a hospital) so traffic was audible. Good LCD TV with proper HD reception. Breakfast was very crowded - if you can find a tray you can take your breakfast to your room. I hear they have a large extra charge for a pet - but we did see someone with two dogs. Easy access from Interstate but not right on the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot - probably quieter than rooms facing the access road.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe F
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Joe,
Thank you for your recent review! We appreciate when guests can take the time to let us and others know how their stay with us was. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your spacious suite,and the HD LG TV's.
As you mentioned, half of the rooms at our locations just have the granite with floor to ceiling glass, and the other half is a standard bath tub surrounded by granite. If this is something of a preference, I would definately let us know at your reservation time or even at check-in. We do have some guests that do have a specific preference either way. Otherwise, we would have been happy to have moved you if you would have called us during your stay.
We do have a very busy hotel, and many people like to enjoy our full hot breakfast buffet each day. During the weekend it is a bit more of a challenge to eat in the dining room as many people are catching up with relatives/friends while they are here. So at times, it could be awhile for tables to come available.
We do allow pets at our location. There is a one time fee of $100 that is non refundable. This fee is used to deep clean the room once our pet guests check out. We have so many guests that stay with us, that we don't have designated pet rooms. This ensures there is no evidence of a pet in any of our rooms.
Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to you coming back again!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed for two nights last weekend in a Fireplace Suite at the Residence Inn in Plymouth, MN. The temperatures at night were below zero and we thought the additional expense for the fireplace suite would add warmth and relaxation to our weekend... it did... for the first night...

Friday night, the first night of our visit, was wonderful. After dinner, we cooked the complimentary bag of popcorn provided in our room and had a nice quiet evening of watching television by firelight. We then showered, retired for the evening, and had a nice quiet and restful sleep. We wake up early, so it was nice having the in-room coffee available for our use until the breakfast bar in the lobby opened.

When we returned to our room Saturday night, we found that the bed was made, clean towels were provided, and little to nothing else was done by housekeeping in preparation for our second night. The shower soap we used the night before was not replaced, nor was the shampoo, hair conditioner, coffee, or popcorn. The kitchen and dressing area counters were not cleaned, the carpeted floors were vacuumed hastily at best (if at all), and the tile floor in the bathroom was not swept or mopped at all as evidenced by the empty shampoo and conditioner bottles that remained on the floor from our showers the night before.

Upon finding the room in poor condition, I called the front desk at 7:00 p.m. and informed the clerk that the soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, coffee and popcorn that we used the previous evening were not replenished. The desk clerk informed me that housekeeping would be right up with the items. We waited until 8:00 p.m., a full hour, before calling the front desk a second time. The same individual answered the phone and he informed me that he did not know where the on-duty housekeeping person was. I told the front desk that we wanted to shower and go to bed, and that we would appreciate his expediting the delivery of the missing items.

At 9:30 p.m. that evening, a full two and one half hours later, the missing items were still not delivered to our room. We were exhausted and we gave up waiting for the delivery of the missing items, so we went to bed. On Sunday morning, we checked the hall hoping the missing items were outside our door... they weren't. We waited for nearly an hour for the breakfast bar to open so that we could have some coffee... (gee that in-room coffee that wasn't delivered to us sure would have been nice!!!.) When the breakfast bar did open, we went down to the lobby and asked the half awake person on duty at the front desk if there were any notes or messages to the staff for our room number..... nope.... so I explained what transpired the previous evening, only to be greeted with the response; "there should always be soap and shampoo in the rooms." DUH!!! I requested that a manager contact me via email using the email address we provided them at check-in. I was assured by the desk clerk that I would be hearing from someone on Monday. I regret to inform you that I received no communication from anyone at Residence Inn on Monday... perhaps management is hiding somewhere with the housekeeper that no one could locate Saturday night?

We have spent significantly less money for rooms than we did for this room, and on every occasion we received superior service compared to the service that we received from the staff at the Residence Inn in Plymouth, MN this past weekend. For what we were charged for this room each night, the horrid service and the lack of basic amenities in the room is inexcusable.

Room Tip: Apparently, you have your choice of good service and shampoo, or a fireplace.... your call depending...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeteInStPaul
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Pete In St. Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay at our hotel. The fireplace suite has been a top seller this past winter with the frigid temperatures. It allows you to relax in our larger suites while getting a bit of home touch feeling with the fireplace.
I sincerely apologize that your suite was not presentable for you during your second night with us. We have always prided ourselves on our housekeeping cleanliness and our staff freindliness overall. This was not the case with your recent stay.
When our staff is cleaning your room for the second night, they are required to make your bed, clean your bathroom, replinsh your amentities that are empty, vacuum, and clean the kitchen area. It sounds as though they didn't replenish the bathroom amentities in your room and your welcome basket in the kitchen. We do typically only stock popcorn on your arrival day, but with your request, there shouldn't have been any issues with getting you more when asked. It is embarassing to know that you had to call the front desk on two occasions to get coffee, shampoo, and soap and even by morning these items were not provided to you.
This was the first that I was hearing of your concerns, so I ask that you please call me or email me directly so that we can discuss further. My email is mrein@csmcorp.net, and my direct line is 763-367-3151.
I look forward to hearing from you so we can get this resolved for you.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The conference hotel was full and this is where I was sent. Perfect place with two element heat top microwave,dishwasher and full size fridge. Clean quite and great bed. Sitting area with couch and great size. Would recommend to anyone who needs space to work and relax. Breakfast area is the best I have ever seen. Coffee is always on and great quality!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Carol W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvsior. I apologize for the delay in our response to you, but I wanted to make sure that we thanked you for your feedback as we do value it greatly and appreciate you recommending us to the TripAdvisor community.

We hope that we will have an another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in town.

Carolyn Murphy -General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at this property many times and have always been satisfied. This time opted for the corner fireplace room. While the room was comfortable, the fireplace only worked for a couple of minutes before turning off. Maintenance confirmed it was not the timer and could not get it to relight. We opted not to change rooms and management adjusted the billing for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: Request corner fireplace room, especially in the winter!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aazonemaster
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for the nice review that you had provided. I apologize that the upgrade to our fireplace suite was not functioning as it should have been.
Those rooms have been very popular, especially with this cold weather that we have been experiencing, up to -50.
I am glad to hear that you were compensated for your fireplace not working, and that the staff did offer to move you to a room that was fully functional.
We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just stayed here for the 2nd time, and it was perfect for our family. There were only 3 of us that stayed, but my son and his girlfriend came by to visit for a small bday celebration. It was so comfortable and roomy compared to a standard hotel room, where everyone has to sit on the beds. The full-size fridge is a plus. As with last time, breakfast was wonderful, hotel staff very pleasant and accommodating, and the pool is very nice, even though no hot tub. The bed and pillows are extremely comfortable.

Only complaint was when we opened the sofa sleeper for my daughter. First thing we noticed was the mesh under the mattress was ripped. No biggie, but when we folded it out, there was a crumpled up dirty blanket, as well as popcorn and some pills. Folded it back up and went to set up a bed on the cushions, but one of the "fresh" blankets had a dark, fresh looking stain. First night, all three of us ended up sleeping on the bed.

I do have to say, the guy at the front desk was very nice when I told him about it the next morning. He offered to move us to a different room, but rather than pack up and move, we just asked him to have housekeeping bring new blankets and clean the couch mattress. Unfortunately, the damage was done and my daughter wouldn't sleep on the couch the 2nd night, either.

We won't let the couch issue stop us from staying again, as we love the hotel. I took pics, but chose not to post them, as I don't believe it's fair to judge the hotel based on the fact that one housekeeper missed something.

Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but our room number was 119 and we were down there for my 1/19 bday. If this was done on purpose, I think it was very clever and would like to applaud the guy who checked us in!

Room Tip: We had a room close to the pool, which worked out well for my daughter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pc350
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

pc350,
Happy Belated Birthday! We appreciate that you decided to celebrate your birthday with us during your recent stay with us. Priceline has been a great resource for many of our guests in hotel savings.
We are happy to hear that there were many of the hotel amenities that you were able to enjoy again after your first stay with us.
I must say, I am very disappointed in the housekeeping service that you had in regards to your pull out sofa. This is something that we stress with the staff as the sofa beds are utilized frequently. I wish that we would have known right away, as we could have sent someone down to your room immediately to take care of those mistakes. I am glad to hear that the gentleman that you spoke with that AM was prompt in making things right.
As you stated before, this is your second stay with us, and I am hoping that you know from your first stay that this is not standard for us at all. Please accept my sincerest apologies on that mistake.
Since you did mention the room number that you were in, I am able to follow up with the housekeeper immediately to make sure that this doesn't happen again!
Take Care, Stay warm, and thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Plymouth!
Michelle Rein

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!