Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
Minneapolis Marriott West(Saint Louis Park)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbroadway pizzaroseville locationweather strippingwater pressure iscold nightplace to staytwin citiesrooms are cleanflooringhighwaymicrowaveaccommodationsmndesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2010

This is the hotel that I usually stay at while visiting Minneapolis. It is about ten minutes from downtown Minneapolis. Surrounding the hotel (or within a few miles) are plenty of restaurants and a few groceries stores. The area is easy to navigate and close to the freeway, but not close enough to be bothered by noise. The hotel itself is nothing spectacular, but it has always been clean and quite when I am there. The king rooms offer free wi-fi, but double rooms do not (one of the only negatives I can think of).

Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank numbers_in_1080
Reviewed 16 October 2009

I have stayed here numerous times--was recently remodeled--probably one of best values in the twin cities!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank chmww
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I stayed here for a business meeting I had nearby and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the property was well maintained and the staff was very helpful and personable. I will use this hotel each and every time I stay in Plymouth.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank 4FamilyFuncamp
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I should have enlarged the thumbnail and paid attention to the details - this is one of those places with exterior hallways and entrances. Fortunately the weather was good for my stay; I can't imagine stepping out of the elevator, loaded down with luggage, into a blizzard or thunderstorm! The stairway areas looked dirty and the exterior elevator (since it's exposed to the elements) smelled like a musty old sock. The hotel is in a corporate / industrial park so it seemed safe and quiet. The room itself was clean and fairly new (remodeled?) As one of the previous reviewers said, the tub/bath room is very tiny. The shower had one of those bowed-out curtains to make more room, but the magnets apparently didn't hold it in place and I had a lake on the floor when I got out (I didn't notice that happening). Good water pressure on the shower though. The "all-inclusive" king room was missing a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board. The wi-fi is advertised as being compatible with your laptop or PDA, but my Blackberry (PDA) could not connect to it at all. They gave me a little prepaid T-Mobile card with a PIN number and told me to open my browser and a Red Roof Inn page would come up. A T-Mobile page came up instead, and when I entered the PIN from the card, it said the number was invalid. I wasn't going to be there long enough to worry about getting connected anyway but this is an FYI. The bed was pretty firm but I slept well, and noise wasn't a problem from either the street or adjacent rooms. I don't believe they offer breakfast here; all I saw in the lobby was a coffee/juice dispenser on a table and no seating area. This room was only 62.99 for the AAA rate, but I think next time I'll pony up a little more and get a room in a fully enclosed building.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank The_Old_Fat_Lady
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I needed a room for just one night here in town...booked a room at the Red Roof Inn based on price.
I was very pleased and surprised at the room. It was great, clean, well maintained and nice sized.
I most assuredly recommend this property to anyone looking for a basic hotel room!
Two minor issues...the reception on the TV was not great and the actual bathroom (tub and toilet) is very small.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo