Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis West, MN
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This hotel was selected for me by my client on for a recent business trip. The check in process was quick and friendly and in the afternoons there are cookies at the front desk.

My room (two queen beds) had a little wear and tear on it (the bathroom door had a hole in it, for example). The bathrrom furnishings were economy-class by today's standards - cultured marble sink and a one-piece fiberglass tub insert. It was all functional, however. The room had a small fridge and microwave and the beds were comfortable. The TV was a tube-type with a malfunctioning remote and had about 40 or so channels. Showtime is the premium channel rather than the more common HBO. The wireless internet was pretty fast during non-peak times but slowed to a crawl during the evenings.

The breakfast was pretty standard free-buffet fare with heat-n-eat eggs, potatoes and bacon. There was a make-it-yourself waffle station as well. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel (Woodys) and I did not find much else in reasonable dining in the immediate area.

If you can get this hotel at a low price and you need to be in the area, it is probably an OK choice. I wouldn't seek it out, however.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 November 2010

My family was meeting another family in the Twin Cities and had booked rooms at another hotel before finding out the other hotel didn't have a pool. Had to have that for my kids. So I found this hotel with a last minute deal of 25% off. We booked a 1 bedroom suite and were offered a huge 1 bedroom suite with a dining room table. We went ahead and took that for only $14 more per night.
When we checked in and got into our room we turned on the heater and it smelled like a burning smell and the alarms went off. We went down to the front desk and they got us into a different room. Same type, but only had a tiny fridge unlike the large fridge and freezer the other room had. At checkout I had to ask for a small price adjustment for the trouble. I would have liked that offered, but thankful it was given.

The room was nice, bed was comfortable. The table was a little worn, but sufficient. My other complaint was tube tv's. I can't believe a hotel a couple blocks from it's corporate office would still not have flat panel tvs.
Breakfast was great, lots of selection. Real bakery donuts, not prepackaged. Waffles, eggs, sausage.
The hotel had two pools! both were smaller, but I didn't have to worry about my kids being too loud because other people could use the other pool.
Easy access from I-494 @ Carlson pkwy.
If they upgrade to flat screen tvs, I will definetely be coming back here next time I'm in the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank IowaVikingsFan
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Welcoming and wonderful cusomer service
The room was nice, although heard some people late into the night
Location was great
Enjoyed the breakfasat

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Never stay here, I beg of you all! Most horrible hotel experience in my life. Poor quality (more expensive than the way nicer hotel we switched to) and the worst part was that the crib we were given for my daughter wasn't assembled correctly and it collapsed on her!!!!!!! The wood base and metal pinned her down and could have strangled her. Luckily my dad and I got her out in time, but she was screaming, it was so traumatic for everyone. AND THEN, I can not believe this, the manager told me that he could only comp our room IF we signed a legal release!!!!! What an AWFUL business, with horrendous customer service. That is a complete lie! The Westin (WAY nicer) comped our room once when we had 5 ants in it, they were so apologetic (and we didn't even mind the ants, we were just letting them know about them...) I travel every month, and our 9 month old has stayed in countless hotels in 11 states, and nothing like this has ever happened. This hotel was ugly, and in a poor location. We switched to the much nicer/better location Maple Grove Hilton Garden Inn, which was $30 cheaper, and in an area you could walk to food, etc. I am so angry that we ever stayed in the Country Inn and Suites and will tell everyone we know never to give them business.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank caseymoe
cisplymouth, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis West, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2010

Casey,
On behalf of the hotel, I’d like to once again express our apologies for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in serving and addressing the needs of our guests and thought that we had satisfactorily resolved your concerns before you departed. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy. Please feel free to contact me at 763-473-3008 if you would like to discuss further.
Keith

Reviewed 22 February 2010

We enjoyed this location. Great hotel staff, wonderful, clean room, and good, warm food. Never heard a sound.

It's far enough out of downtown to be nice and quiet, but close enough to into the cities without a hassle.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2010

As a family traveling with 2 12 yr olds, a 10 yr old and a 9yr old, it can be difficult to find a hotel that will actually accomodate us all in one room. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and, for one night, the room was perfect for us. I think if we would have had to stay longer, we might have needed something a little larger. We booked online directly with the hotel and the price was very reasonable (with a AAA discount). There are two pools available - both are "smallish," but, again for one night, met our needs. The pool areas were clean and had lots of towels available. Our room was clean (other than it clearly had not been vacuumed since its last use) as well and well stocked with amenities - decent shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and even a complimentary bottle of water. We had 2 beds and a double pull out couch and all the linens seems fresh and the beds themselves were comfortable. Wireed/wireless internet is offered in the rooms at no additional charge and was very user friendly and quite fast. The microwave and fridge was very handy as well.

Three things that I really want to note are:
1. The check in/check out process is truly the FASTEST I have ever had (and I have stayed at tons of hotels - both locally and internationally).

2. The continential breakfast (which I believe was recently expanded) was amazing. Not only is there plenty of choices, many of which you do not see at a regular continential breakfast, there was at least one staff person and sometimes two manning the area to answer questions, refill items, give waffle iron instructions, etc. It was quite busy the morning we were down there eating, but because of the staff, the area wasn't clogged up with people trying to figure out how to work something or waiting for extra coffee cups.

3. The lobby is a very friendly area. There are cookies for guest, complimentary newspapers and fresh coffee with to-go cups.

We would definitely choose this hotel again - perhaps next time we would check out the extended stay room, which appears to be larger and had a dining room table. It was a little bit of a logistical nightmare to order and eat pizza in the room we stayed in since there was a number of small end tables with lamps on them, but no larger table/desk/coffee table we could use for eating.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Plymouth after my niece gave birth to her baby, and was impressed the moment I walked in the door. It smelled SO clean, the carpet was spotless, as was the continental dining area. My room was impeccable as well--with lots of towels, shampoo, etc. I also had a microwave and small fridge. The best part of this was the price: $40.00 a night through Priceline! What luck! Great hotel~

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis West, MN? Share your experiences!