“Great hotel,great staff,great breakfast !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel,great staff,great breakfast !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights and could not praise it more.Staff are so friendly and helpful,rooms are spotlessly clean and breakfast was great with lots of choice although opted for waffles everyday,they were so good.It felt more like a small family run hotel than part of a chain.Thank you for making me so welcome !

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words and I am glad you really enjoyed our waffles and the rest of our hot buffet breakfast. We do like to treat people like we are a small facility and give everyone that special treatment. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My stay was wonderful. I got there at midnight and there was a lovely fire burning in the lobby which was welcoming and comforting on a cold night. I had a long, late drive to get there so it really made me feel good. I travel many days for business by myself throughout the year so I appreciate great service and friendly people.

The front desk man was very friendly and helpful and there were awesome white chocolate macadamia cookies too!
My room was spacious and clean and comfy and a nice bag of treats of water , chips, and a fruit snacks greeted me when I walked in.
I had a great nights sleep, which helped because I had to be up and out the door by 7:30 am....The breakfast and coffee were great too!

It is a great hotel on the west side of the Minneapolis area and very close to downtown as well.

Room Tip: My room was actually two rooms with an awesome living room area and a comfy bedroom too
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and I am glad you enjoyed the fresh cookies and warm fireplace. Those are the signature touches that make Country Inn & Suites a great home away from home. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to the staff as well. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed in the hotel for over a month. For the first two weeks I stayed in the standard room which is larger than the typical room size. The hotel provides free shuttle service to nearby malls which was very helpful in winters esp. when it was snowing. The breakfast was decent. The hotel has been there for long, so it has started showing its age, but they are in process of renovation. For the last two weeks I was upgraded to a different category of room which had separate living room. The rooms are spacious. The indoor swimming pool is great for an evening plunge.
Overall a great stay!! Loved it

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PGupta1110
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and I am glad you were able to be comfortable while being away for so long. I am glad you enjoyed the shuttle service as we are happy to take guest to the mall for a quick shopping trip. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for a night with friends. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant, it was very good and affordable. When we got home, my daughter realized she forgot her Ipod touch in the room. I called the hotel, they found it and sent it to us.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am thrilled that you had a great stay. I will pass on your comment to Grizzly's as I am sure they would love to have the feedback. I look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

This one's a little long in the tooth. Staff is friendly, hotel (at least on the 3rd floor) is quiet, & the rate we got was good.

However, this place has been around a -long- time & I definitely showing it's age.

Also, bed was too soft for me . . . But my back appreciates a firm bed - hard to find in most lower-end hotels like this one. It's my impression that the Carlson chain has the same soft beds in all its hotels.

We stayed here because it's the most convenient hotel to the home of the relative we're visiting & the rate for a suite for a week over the Christmas holiday 2013 was good.

The lighting in this suite is pretty helpless. Almost not enough light to sit & knit in the sitting room -- the only window is in the bedroom part of the suite. Low counter in the bathroom. Tub with shower . . . Does anyone really take a bath in a hotel bathroom anymore? Tiny fridge & tiny microwave & tiny sink & coffee maker in the 'sorta' kitchenette area.

Will prolly stay here again if visiting this relative, but mostly because the location is what it needs to be for us & there are no glaring reasons not to.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room on the quiet side -- away from the freeway, but we never heard freeway noise...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rfalstad
Heidi O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the property and our staff. I am delighted you had a chance to interact with our great team. Also, thanks for your comments about our room product including the beds and lighting. We are currently prioritizing some improvements and hope that when you come back to visit your family and friends in the area you will experience our improvements.

Happiest of Holidays to you!

Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stopped on our way to visit family on Christmas. Everything was clean, comfortable and we even got a call from the front desk making sure everything was okay. It had two pools - one being handicapped accessible which I thought was cool. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review! I am honored you loved your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Happy Holidays!

Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Expected better. The room HVAC was unable to keep the room comfortable. Additionally, the room was not as quiet as expected - lots of other room noise. The breakfast was a real disappointment. Can't call this a real breakfast especially with the rubber eggs and mystery meat. Work was underway on the entrance door when we were eating - lots of banging and the elevators were simply scary.....Poor value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize your experience was not up to our Country standards. We are currently prioritizing some improvements and hope you will be back in the future to experience our great guest service and improved offerings. Please know we are working hard to improve in the areas you mentioned so future guests experience our best.

All the best,

Regional General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!