Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and over all have been very satisfied. The renovations to the outside look very nice and did not adversly effect my stay. This past stay was decent but my room had a musty smell and the AC was really noisy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you have become a loyal customer and also happy to hear that you like the changes we have made to the exterior. We are happy to announce that the interior renovation will begin in the next few months and a full remodel of the rooms and bathrooms will be done. We have scheduled to replace quite a few of the AC units as well. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having a great group of women friends who all knit, we have done many day-long yarn crawls closer to home. Since 3 of us turn 50 in September, I dragged 10 of them up to Mpls to visit MY favorite places. We used the CI&S as our HQ as it was centrally located to what I had plan for the group. The staff (especially Sarah) was fabulous and made sure we had cookies at all times and we were able to enjoy a nice August Minnesota evening sitting outside by the fire pit. Our trip was fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I believe your group was the first to be able to use the outside fire pit and I am happy to hear it was a success. Sarah really appreciated that you mentioned her and her service. From all of us here, we were happy to be your headquarters this year and would be happy to play host again in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Third time staying here on business - room is clean and comfortable - usually quiet - easy to get to and plenty of close by restaurants - they have just re-done the exterior and the entry is now covered (nice in the rain). Breakfast is included and is more than adequate - not just a continental breakfast - and the coffee is good. Included internet access can be slow sometimes but usually adequate for email / web browsing etc.

Stayed: August 2014
Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you are happy about the renovations. We are excited about the addition of the covered entrance. That you for mentioning the breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed the coffee. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area.

Thanks,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a wonderful experience here Saturday night. My husband and two kids stayed and we had plenty of space in the room since there was the bedroom for us and the pullout couch in the living room for the kids. There were many guests at the hotel but the room was extremely quiet and the bed was amazingly comfortable. There are two smaller-ish sized pools and two hot tubs. Breakfast was excellent with a lot of variety. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. There are many restaurants close by. As another reviewer noted, only Grizzly's is attached to the hotel, you'll need to get in the car and drive to the rest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am happy to hear that the room was perfect for your family over the weekend. It is nice to have that extra space. Having the two pools is great and helps keep the pool areas from getting to overcrowded. I hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We decided to book Country Inn and Suites due to the area. A benefit was the free parking and free breakfast. The price was a little high. When entering the room, we were both immediately disappointed. The bed had lumps, stuffing was coming out of the bedspread. dust cover was partially laying on the floor. The room looked very tired and worn, not what we expected at all. We switched rooms, but it was only sightly better. Disappointed!!! Floors in entry / hallways dirty. Poor housekeeping and bedding / mattresses!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry that the hotel did not met your standards and the standards we have become accustomed to. I am happy to announce that the next phase of our renovation will include a complete interior renovation. We will be changing out carpet and paint in all common areas and we will be changing the bedding package. We look forward to getting rid of the heavy duvets and going to a much cleaner look.
Thank you for your review and I hope to get another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel can be.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Hotel location is not within walking distance of any restaurants, convenience stores or any other stores. There was a restaurant attached, which we did not eat at, but did enjoy a beverage on the patio. The drive to go anywhere, was not a long drive, but it would have been nice to not have to drive. The hotel is being remodeled on the outside, the whole outside. The equipment did take up quite a bit of parking space outside, but a price you pay. The rooms are sort of dated, but I heard that the rooms were next in line for renovation.
Check-in was smooth. Very friendly staff. I had to get extra blankets, no problems.
Breakfast was good.
The staff was all friendly.
Two pools worked well, as neither was ever crowded.
Our room was spacious. I did have to sleep on the pull out couch and surprisingly, it was quite comfortable.
We did happen to leave a couple of shopping bags and called immediately when we figured it out. The clothes had been turned in, so they were going to send it to me, on my dime. That was over a week ago. I called today and had them look into it, they would call me back. No one called me back, so I called again and was now told that the package was waiting for the UPS driver to pick it up. Not sure why it took over a week to get it sent. Now we wait to see when it arrives. Yes-if we hadn't left it, this would not be a problem at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We do enjoy having two pools, because as you mentioned it keeps from getting overcrowded. You did hear correctly that the interior of the hotel will be the next to be updated. We are really looking forward to those transformations. I will be sure to look into the belongings and make sure they are on their way to you. Thank you for the comments about the great staff and breakfast and I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Gathered at Country Inn and Suites for family time. My husband and I had one room and our daughter and three of their children had another. Our son and family met us there for pizza and swimming. So fun to be all together. Facilities were great- the pool area was really hot. Breakfast was wonderful. Enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking time to send a review of our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the facility as we have done a lot to improve it. Having two swimming pools is great for families that want that bonding time. I am glad we could facilitate your family time and I hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Thanks

Drew Lynch

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!