“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Newbury Park, California
“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

Never stay here, I beg of you all! Most horrible hotel experience in my life. Poor quality (more expensive than the way nicer hotel we switched to) and the worst part was that the crib we were given for my daughter wasn't assembled correctly and it collapsed on her!!!!!!! The wood base and metal pinned her down and could have strangled her. Luckily my dad and I got her out in time, but she was screaming, it was so traumatic for everyone. AND THEN, I can not believe this, the manager told me that he could only comp our room IF we signed a legal release!!!!! What an AWFUL business, with horrendous customer service. That is a complete lie! The Westin (WAY nicer) comped our room once when we had 5 ants in it, they were so apologetic (and we didn't even mind the ants, we were just letting them know about them...) I travel every month, and our 9 month old has stayed in countless hotels in 11 states, and nothing like this has ever happened. This hotel was ugly, and in a poor location. We switched to the much nicer/better location Maple Grove Hilton Garden Inn, which was $30 cheaper, and in an area you could walk to food, etc. I am so angry that we ever stayed in the Country Inn and Suites and will tell everyone we know never to give them business.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank caseymoe
cisplymouth, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 16 April 2010
Casey,
On behalf of the hotel, I’d like to once again express our apologies for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in serving and addressing the needs of our guests and thought that we had satisfactorily resolved your concerns before you departed. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy. Please feel free to contact me at 763-473-3008 if you would like to discuss further.
Keith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wasagaming, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

We enjoyed this location. Great hotel staff, wonderful, clean room, and good, warm food. Never heard a sound.

It's far enough out of downtown to be nice and quiet, but close enough to into the cities without a hassle.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Freezing in MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

As a family traveling with 2 12 yr olds, a 10 yr old and a 9yr old, it can be difficult to find a hotel that will actually accomodate us all in one room. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and, for one night, the room was perfect for us. I think if we would have had to stay longer, we might have needed something a little larger. We booked online directly with the hotel and the price was very reasonable (with a AAA discount). There are two pools available - both are "smallish," but, again for one night, met our needs. The pool areas were clean and had lots of towels available. Our room was clean (other than it clearly had not been vacuumed since its last use) as well and well stocked with amenities - decent shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and even a complimentary bottle of water. We had 2 beds and a double pull out couch and all the linens seems fresh and the beds themselves were comfortable. Wireed/wireless internet is offered in the rooms at no additional charge and was very user friendly and quite fast. The microwave and fridge was very handy as well.

Three things that I really want to note are:
1. The check in/check out process is truly the FASTEST I have ever had (and I have stayed at tons of hotels - both locally and internationally).

2. The continential breakfast (which I believe was recently expanded) was amazing. Not only is there plenty of choices, many of which you do not see at a regular continential breakfast, there was at least one staff person and sometimes two manning the area to answer questions, refill items, give waffle iron instructions, etc. It was quite busy the morning we were down there eating, but because of the staff, the area wasn't clogged up with people trying to figure out how to work something or waiting for extra coffee cups.

3. The lobby is a very friendly area. There are cookies for guest, complimentary newspapers and fresh coffee with to-go cups.

We would definitely choose this hotel again - perhaps next time we would check out the extended stay room, which appears to be larger and had a dining room table. It was a little bit of a logistical nightmare to order and eat pizza in the room we stayed in since there was a number of small end tables with lamps on them, but no larger table/desk/coffee table we could use for eating.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Plymouth after my niece gave birth to her baby, and was impressed the moment I walked in the door. It smelled SO clean, the carpet was spotless, as was the continental dining area. My room was impeccable as well--with lots of towels, shampoo, etc. I also had a microwave and small fridge. The best part of this was the price: $40.00 a night through Priceline! What luck! Great hotel~

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at Country Inn for the first time. We were attending a benefit dinner show at Lafayette Club and does not want to drive that far at night. So we decided to book a 2 night hotel stay. I booked it through calling the hotel directly and asked for a non-smoking wheelchair accessible room (as I use a w/c). The reservationist man named, Brad, answered the phone and was very accommodating to me. He was very nice and very delighteful to talked to. We arrived at the hotel and it was quite area with lots of trees surrounding it and an attached restaurant right next to it. The main lobby was nice and clean, and cute, just a like an old country home. Our room was what we requested for, a w/c accessible one with a roll-in shower. There was just a bit of a moldy smell in the room, I guess, the carpet needs to be up-dated. Other than that, I like the small fridge, microwave, ironing board, and hair dyer there available. The continental breakfast was convenient and good to have. The 24 hour coffee availability at the breakfast area, for customers was very good as my husband loves coffee. Over-all, we will come back and use this hotel again!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Smell of Carpet/Moldy Smell
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Bienlou
Denton, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2008

We stayed at this location for a wedding (to be close to our friend's house) in May. The location was excellent as far as quick dining and a run to Target are concerned.

There is a restaurant on site but we never ate there. We did have the complimentary breakfast every morning because after the first we found the selection to be very satisfying.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in (King Suite) was clean and comfortable. I always enjoy having a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tenthday
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2003

Stayed three nights and it was excellent with a great location

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!