“Great place for a wedding”

Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Nevis
“Great place for a wedding”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked a room as part of a group attending a wedding that took place at the Crowne Plaza. The room was clean and very well appointed. Incredibly comfortable bed.Despite hearing children, etc, in other rooms when we were in the hallway the room itself was wonderfully quiet. They did a great job on the wedding and they have a large breakfast buffet that was very nice. Staff friendly and helpful. Our only complaint was that the coffee maker did not work properly. When we questioned other guests they had problems also.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Gail H,

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the wedding you recently attended! Our rooms are all recently renovated and we offer a very clean and refreshed feeling to our rooms which I think really sets us apart. I'm sorry to hear that you had some struggles with your in room Keurig Machine- while our guests do love the gourmet coffee experience that it provides- I can understand that things don't always work the way that they are supposed to. I will have our housekeeping and maintenance staff examine each of our machines to determine if there are any that need to be replaced. I really appreciate your feedback- it helps us to identify areas for improvement!

Thank you for posting this review on Trip Advisor, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Positives: Comfy bed; decent shower; clean room; nice pool.
Negatives: A very weird layout that would be very difficult for anyone with mobility issues; overpriced hotel bar; housekeeping only came every other day despite regular & repeated requests

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello IowaBrooke,

Thank you for taking the time to publish your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. While I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your room, I was quite disappointed to hear that we fell short in a few areas. While our hotel is fairly sizable, we are happy offer valet and luggage services to all of our guests in order to make your stay easier. I will also be sure to look into why your room was not properly refreshed- I work very closely with our executive housekeeper to make sure that all of our guests receive thorough service and everything that they need to enjoy themselves and stay productive.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back here soon.

ken.delecki@cpplymouth.com
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Super friendly;
Great room (top floor facing marsh near far end);
Wonderful hotel layout;
Excellent dining experiences;
Coming in from airport, arrive by 3:30 pm (much traffic when driving north);
Excellent price, especially if you are in a group;
Can obtain 2nd paper on front desk (local one), in addition to U.S. Today at your door;
Real nice exercise and recreation areas;
Can request a super-soft pillow.

Room Tip: Top two floors facing marsh near far end
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pqueneau
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello Pqueneau!

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and accommodate your requests to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Our goal is to provide personalized, attentive service to every guest and to enable our guests to have the comforts of home and a superior experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Arrived late in the rain, friendly greetings, great front desk personality, 7 hours in the room and checked out on a wet pavement. Hotel was very clean, room super clean, comfortable bed, big TV! Very quiet although facing industrial side of hotel. Will for sure stay again. Only not 5 stars as I didn't use any services, so can't comment.

Room Tip: it's a low, long hotel, so if walking is a problem as to be closer to elevators.
Green Features: real glasses....I liked that! Did not see any other enviro actions pro or con
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hello Farmerwithdlrs2spend!

Thank you so much for sharing your great review with everyone on Trip Advisor! I'm glad that we were able to provide you with everything you needed for your stay with us- I'm sorry it couldn't have been longer! I hope that you have a chance to stay with us again soon and take advantage of our wonderful facility so that we have a chance to earn a five star review from you!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I recently spent two nights at this hotel. It is the best ever! From the moment I registered I was treated like a special guest. The check in staff were superb. All employees I came in contact with were very friendly. The accommodations were excellent. The facility is beautiful and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Minneapolis. It is very conveniently located. I would rate it on the top of my list of hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
JerryD304,

Thank you so much for writing this excellent review! It sounds like we have met our goal in creating a home away from home for you. I'm glad that we were able to take care of you with a friendly staff and a clean and comfortable room; the little things often make the biggest difference!

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Booked on Priceline. Made bid for $68. Got here at 1:00 am after driving in. Called ahead since we would be late. Non smoking room Queen bed. No worries they said. When I checked in no mentioned made if smoking room. Just said I got the last room because they were 100% full. Got to room and it wreaks of smoke. Call front desk and he said you booked on Priceline. I can give you any room I want. I don't have to honor your request. That's how it is with Priceline he tells us. At 1:30 am too tired to argue anymore. I book with Priceline three nights a week. Sometimes four. I have Never been treated this way.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ebrundo
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Ebrundo,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. I can assure you that no matter how much someone pays to stay with us or how they book with us, all of our guests deserve and should receive exceptional service. Unfortunately, there are nights when we are sold out and the only available rooms are smoking rooms; the non refundable nature of some reservations booked through third parties does make it hard for us to guarantee a specific room type for every guest. I do hope that you consider staying with us again so that we can turn around your opinion of our hotel

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I experience panic when I book any hotel room. Will it be clean? Will it smell? Will I find mold in the bathroom? Is the bed clean? Are the rugs clean?.... I have immediately checked out of so many hotels that I checked into because of conditions that I find to be deal breakers. I had a last minute, poorly planned trip to the Mpls area for a wedding.After I 'interviewed' several people at the Crowne Plaza, I booked a room. I was SO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED! From the minute you enter the hotel lobby, the decor is strikingly beautiful and in great taste. The check in went quickly and was very pleasant. They honored my request for a room on a higher floor. The room was immaculate and appeared to have been very recently renovated with granite counter tops in the main room and bath. Water pressure was so much better than most hotels. Beds was very comfortable and I was able to get a good nights rest after traveling. The next morning I went to the lobby where the hotel supplied free coffee. It was raining/pouring and the comfortable decor of this hotel/lobby provided the perfect place to watch the rain while having morning coffee. The hotel has a restaurant and a weekend buffet. I was super impressed with the food choices on the buffet as well as the breakfast menu.
I will absolutely return to this hotel when I am back in Minneapolis!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hello Patti M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor! I'm glad that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of every experience that you had with us. Being able to read and share these reviews with our staff is extremely rewarding; we love to hear feedback on how we are doing. Our ambiance is definitely very unique and atypical for modern hotels, but we do find that our guests appreciate the nicer touches that we add to make our guests' stays relaxing and enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time in your area- we are at your service!

Director of Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!