“Great motel, great location at a great price”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Comfort Inn Plymouth was everything I was looking for. My room was clean and comfortable and since I was spending 2 weeks here I appreciated the in room refrigerator and microwave. All the furnishings had been recently updated and looked close to new. Good breakfast with plenty to choose from. I will be back in western Minneapolis in 2 weeks and plan on staying at the Comfort Inn Plymouth.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NovTraveler01
Jon_Wainright, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

NovTraveler01, Thank you for your kind words! We try hard to exceed the expectations of our guests with each and every visit and are grateful for this feedback. We are also glad that you noticed our renovations! We've put a lot of time and energy into our both our rooms and our common areas recently and are excited for even more changes to occur this winter! We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My primary criteria for selecting a hotel in Plymouth was price, as this was a short business trip, and my company isn't flush with cash right now, and extravagent spending on luxury accomodations was out of the question.
I chose wisely.
Great room, curteous and responsive staff, neat and clean without that funky smell that's all too common in aging motor inns.
In addition, there's a great pub/restaurant attached with unusually good food.
I can say with reasonable confidence and authority that the average business traveler will find it more than comfortable, conveniently located, well staffed and priced right to keep the bean counters at bay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

FredandColleen, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear that we accommodated your needs during your stay. We try to provide services and facilities that everyone will enjoy whether traveling for business, staying with a group, or just passing through, and it's always great to hear that we've done a good job. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Just came back from a weekend trip to Minneapolis. Found this a convenient hotel to stay at - halfway between Albertville outlets and Mall of America. Room was clean and a decent size. Great breakfast in the mornings. No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Jon_Wainright, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Nurse1Winnipeg, Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel! Our location is one of our many great features. We are within 25 minutes of the Mall of America, MSP International Airport, Valleyfair Family Amusement Park, Mystic Lake Casino, the Premium Outlets at Albertville, Lake Minnetonka, and Downtown Minneapolis. If sight-seeing or shopping are on your to-do list while in the area, we are a fabulous starting and ending point for each day you are here. We can't wait to see you on your next trip,

Jon Wianright

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I travelled from the UK to a conference in Plymouth and stayed in the Comfort Inn because it was half the price of the Crowne Plaza where the conference was being held.
As it was cheaper, I was not expecting anything particularly luxurious, but I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my room and the facilities of the hotel.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, particularly AJ on reception. The bar staff in
Lucky's Pub (adjacent) were also very welcoming. It was great to have a free bowl of popcorn on the table in Lucky's, however the smell of the popcorn cooking did tend to find its way all around the hotel and into all the rooms. Not much you can do about that!

I had to move rooms after the first night, because having requested a non-smoking room, I was given #204 which obviously used to be a smoking room as it absolutely reeked of stale smoke. I thought at first I would be able to put up with it, but after one night I had a sore throat and all my clothes smelled. I was moved straight away into a much more fragrant room with no fuss.

My room had a coffee machine, fridge and microwave which were all very useful. I took some fresh milk from the breakfast room each day and kept it in the fridge for my coffee, as I'm really not a fan of the powdered milk in sachets. I heated the milk in the microwave for a lovely hot drink.

The breakfast was plentiful, with a choice of cereals, oatmeal, bagels, pastries, do-it-yourself waffles, toast, and a hot selection of dodgy-looking processed egg rounds, sausage and bacon. I had elected to have the continental breakfast, but as there was never a staff member on duty when I was there, I guess I could've helped myself to the hot stuff if I wanted. There was also tea, coffee, juice and fresh milk. The only thing I didn't care for was the plastic bowls, plates and cutlery, however I understand this is very common in American hotels.

I did not use the pool or fitness equipment, so cannot comment on those facilities. All in all,for the price I paid, I was happy with my stay at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your lengthy visit with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to both our guest services staff and the Lucky's 13 Pub staff as well. We hope to see you next time you visit the area,

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Thursday, the pool was cold, the hot tub luke-warm. The pool-guy said he would heat it up for the week-end. From Friday through Sunday, the pool was over run with unsupervised children. Dive-bombing and pouring their cold drinking water into the hot tub. It was never available. The desk was unconcerned. Sunday, I was assured that we would be sent a voucher. Since, I have written twice and not received anything.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mel37835

Mel37835, thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm so sorry that you weren't able to enjoy our pool facilities during your visit. On cold winter weekends, we often have many families using our recreational facilities to relax and get out of the weather. I do hope you join us again,

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We really liked this hotel - it has a rather large pool area with a big swimming pool and a large whirlpool. The breakfast was good with much assortment. The room was nice and clean and the kind bed was comfortable.

We stayed on Christmas night - and almost every business around the hotel was open. CVS, gas stations, numerous places to eat. There is also a restaurant connected to the hotel.

Very big hotel - looks like it used to be a big conference center - only about 12 miles? or so from downtown Minneapolis.

The only bad thing I have to say about this hotel was that the fitness center needs some new equipment. One treadmill did not work - the one that was working could not be turned up over 5.5 speed - so it was quite slow going.

I would stay again. Nice place to stay with a family.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback, SWMN87! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our pool area and complimentary breakfast are favorites of all of our guests and I'm happy that you liked them as well. You are spot on with your assumption that we are a conference center too! We have just over 4,000 square feet of versatile space for weddings, corporate events, banquets, family reunions...you name it and we've hosted it. In other good news, we just completed tune-ups on our fitness equipment and replaced one of our treadmills so you won't have any issues with them on your next visit. Thanks again for your review,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here two nights in June 2012 and was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and the hotel was very quiet. The continental breakfast is better than the average and the people are very friendly and helpful. This location is great for a visit to the Twin Cities as it's within minutes of interstate access and close to popular restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Jon_Wainright, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your kind words to the front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast staff, and we will all look forward to your next stay with us!

Comfort Inn Plymouth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Minneapolis West, MN
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!