“GREAT food, view, and service”

Branding Iron Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Branding Iron was suggested to me by some friends. WELL worth the hour drive to get there. The drive there was scenic and the restaurant just topped off the experience. The food was very high quality. I got the steak, which I'm guessing is their specialty. The quality and flavor of the steak was very much appreciated as it seems more and more difficult to find a decent steak anymore. The prices of everything are admirable for the quality and quantity of food that you get. You'd pay more at Applebee's and a tenth the quality. The service was friendly and welcoming. They have plenty of daily and nightly specials that I intend on checking out. I highly recommend just based off of the food, but the view and service only add to the overall quality.

1  Thank Peter G
There are newer reviews for Branding Iron Supper Club

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family & I have made the Branding Iron our restaurant of choice due to their spacious & gorgeous location, their excellent deals, and, most importantly, their quality food & drinks. The salad bar is awesome and very yummy, and every menu item my family or I have had is delectable.

1  Thank Elizabeth A
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Six of us had dinner. Salad bar is very basic with iceberg lettuce. Our steaks were bland and we used a lot of salt. Weird because I can grill a steak at home with no seasoning and it's tastier so it must have been the quality of the meat.
Nice view. Average but decent service. Efficient but not overly friendly.

2  Thank minnesotajul
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Excellent value and attentive freiendly service in family atomosphere. The quaint dining room overlooks the Root River valley and Preston.

Well balanced menu with a nice soup/salad bar and of the 5 times that I have eaten there I was never disappointed.

Why not a 5/5 rating? This is a steak house and although the steaks are high quality, well portioned and priced reasonably, but not quite the melt-in-your mouth aged-beef quality that you would expect to find at a 5-diamond restaraunt.

1  Thank John_B_Indy
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Branding Iron, just south of Rochester, is a traditional supper club that one would think of from the past. Small town charm service that cannot be beat. Good quality food including the salad bar. Clean and friendly.

1  Thank rettup