“Nicest casino/hotel in Minnesota”

Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prior Lake
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Let me start off with this. Do not bring your kids to a casino! Take them to Waterpark of America or something. There is nothing for them to do at Mystic, except pee in the pool. Next do not bring liquor in your bags and then complain if you get caught. It is their policy that no outside liquor be allowed in the hotel. Also, it is a casino and there will be smoking. If you do not like cigarette smoke then I would recommend you sit in the non-smoking section or stay out of the casino all together. They have a really good ventilation system so the smoke gets sucked out pretty quick, compared to other casinos. The drinks may be expensive, but if you can afford to gamble then you can probably afford to drink. If you cannot afford $5 to $8 for a drink then stay home, or go to small town bar in the middle of no where. And stop gambling. The interior of the casino and hotel is quite immaculate, at least compared to other casinos. Mystic Lake has spent a lot of time and money on making the property quite beautiful. The casino does not pay out any more or less than other casinos in the area. If you win $40 and do not want to lose it than quit and go home. Mystic Lake is not forcing you to spend anymore than you can afford. If we all won hundreds of dollars every time we gambled I doubt many casinos would be around! The hotel rooms are also really nice, some have views of the golf course if you are really concerned about the view out your window. Most people just sleep in their rooms anyway. I frequent Mystic Lake quite often, if not once a week. I would go more often but the rewards program is a little better at another casino near by; however, Mystic Lake is still much nicer. So if you are one who likes to complain, does not like to lose money, brings the kids with you, and are mean, then please stay home and do not ruin the experience of those trying to enjoy ourselves.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator so less walking and lower floors so you do not need to stop on every floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Nicholas A

Reviewed 10 July 2014

First time staying at this hotel. While I appreciated the fact we got some "play" money ($20 for two of us) this hotel is in serious immediate need of a remodel.

They have a no outside alcohol policy so if you are planning on bringing a cooler or throwing a little party in your room, forget it. - The carpet is out of date, the bed spreads are from 1970 I think and who knows what kind of bugs and junk are on there. We threw ours on the floor it was that bad.

They have first generation plasma TV's. They're thick, and worse yet, don't plan on watching anything in HD, because the rooms don't have that either. The rooms are quiet which is nice, the valet parking is an added bonus, but shy of those extra's this hotel is lacking luxury. The rest of the casino is remodeled and updated, just not the hotel.

Late night food (Late night I meaning 10:30pm) - there is none. While you can stop and get a burger or something but only until 11pm. We wanted a pizza, and couldn't get a pizza unless we called and had one delivered. A large casino like this and they lack in the ability to get food at night.

Overall I'd stay here again simply because its not that bad, at least for the price. Which is why I think they're not remodeling yet, people will stay here regardless, although if you are looking for a fun get away and don't gamble that often its just "average".

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RealisticMike
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Overall average. The rooms are clean but smell like the cleaner which was used. The steak house restaurant service is fair as well as the food. Little six restaurant service has been consistently good as well as the food. Minnehan y restaurant service is fair. The hostest are always poor as well as mananger on duty. There are only 1 or 2 server that are good.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank richierich13370
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After reading previous reviews and from our booking experience, I was highly skeptical that this was going to be a good experience. We live in Minneapolis and had tickets to a show so we decided to make a night of it and stay overnight.

My husband said "Just treat it like a step above a camping trip, therefore we won't be disappointed when we show up". The previous reviews complained about rude front desk service, uncomfortable and ugly bed decor, high drink prices, etc. None of this was further from the truth! The front desk clerk was extremely courteous and helped get our room changed. We ate in the Steakhouse - I would recommend the Filet Minot and the food and drink prices are comparable (if not cheaper) to that of any in Minneapolis. The bag search was odd (even upon leaving) but this is the policy when anyone carries bags onto the casino floor so once they explained it that way we understood. Plus, it was no big deal and very brief (not the rifling through our things to hear other reviewers tell it); and frankly I, for one, feel safer that they take steps to assure guns aren't being carried through the place. The rooms were as neat and nice as any Hilton or Marriott I have stayed in. The one thing we decided against in our planning is golf - carts are REQUIRED and cannot be taken off the paths. We wanted exercise so we decided to walk 9 holes on a Mpls city course before taking our trip to Mystic Lake.

The only true thing I read was the smoky stench! The smell hits you at the doors!

Great day and evening! Definitely would do again especially if I see another show that I am interested in.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Checked in with Adam at front desk. He was helpful and efficient. Appreciated his helpfulness. Room was adequate. I was able to get on the floor I wanted...and even on a weekend. Hot tub was relaxing...I liked how they had special adult hours.

Room was quiet and had everything I needed.

Casino looks nice...a good collection of games, but after spending close to $100, I expected to get a few bonuses in the slots. At least that would have been entertaining rather than sucking money out of my wallet.

Drinks were very overpriced!

Probably won't be back for awhile.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank iver0185
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This place is well kept, secure and clean but the cost of almost every amenity is hard to take from a casino property, I thought I might get charged to use the elevator to get to my room! Lets start with the business center that was not easy to find as I had to ask for desk help for that, but once inside the fees began. Fee for browsing, fee for printing which the printing one I understand but browsing, just to print your boarding pass? You could however use your own laptop if you wanted to drag it out and down to the BC. Next we move out to the Casino floor, while the soda, coffee and water were free they made up for it on the beer (which I learned that they just recently got licensed to serve) $5.00 for a Bud Light 12 oz. bottle, wow highest price I have ever paid for one, and yes I only had one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Muff_1_10
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel on Sunday June 8 2014 only complaint was room kept blowing cold air otherwise all the staff at the hotel were very nice and prompt
the slots did not pay out if you get up to$ 40.00 take it out because they will take it right back found that every machine we went to. Now here is my complaint had my two grandchildren with me and went to your gift shop where everything was way over priced my grandchildren are 8 and 4 the two ladies working there were so rude to my grandchildren my grandson just picked up to see what it was and she just yelled at him (PUT THAT DOWN)
watched us like hawks if you do not want children in your gift shop than do not have kids gifts. The both of them old ladies should be fired they were at work on June 7 at around 6pm. Check them out

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis SW - Shakopee
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville

Been to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!