“Romantic dinner for two!”
Review of Mystic Steakhouse

Mystic Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mystic Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Prior Lake
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: A free shuttle bus is available from multiple locations across the Twin Cities, directly to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel. Visit mysticlake.com for more information.
Description: Savory steaks and the freshest seafood are on the menu at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel’s Mystic Steakhouse. Traditional steakhouse prices are not. Meat lovers will delight in the several mouth-watering steakhouse entrées, including filet mignon, New York strip, bone-in pork chop, brick-oven… chicken and roasted lamb chops. Seafood fans will savor offerings that include lobster tails, king crab legs, grilled Norwegian salmon and jumbo diver sea scallops. For those who don’t want to decide, combination plates offer the perfect portions from land and sea. Whatever you choose, complement your meal with a full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon, an ice-cold beer, or an after-dinner cocktail. And don’t forget to save room for one of the many delectable desserts made in Mystic Lake’s own pastry kitchen, including Chocolate Decadence Mousse Torte, Almond Cheesecake and Tiramisù. Mystic Lake® is located 25 minutes south of Minneapolis in Prior Lake.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is not a place to bring kids...rather bring kids to the buffet where they are accepted! Food is really good...just be prepared to spend more than you might think! Excellent service. Sometimes there is a line just depends on the time of year...like New Years.

There are newer reviews for Mystic Steakhouse

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I would say that the prices are not much higher than a chain steakhouse and the food was much better. The service was excellent as well. I enjoyed the sides almost as much as I did my steak, which is saying a lot, because I love a good steak and mine was prepared perfectly. Their dessert menu was enough to force my wife and I temporarily off our diet and it was worth the guilt. I particularly liked that the smoke from the casino was not overpowering in the steakhouse and that there is no smoking in the restaurant. This is also where most of the entertainment who come to the casino dine, so you may see a celebrity or two while you're there. I plan to go back.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I finally talked my husband into going to the Mystic Steakhouse since they had a strip steak and Jonah crab claw special.I am sorry I did. This was a Thursday night so not particularly busy plus we were early. The service was so so and the food was very disappointing. I had the special and my husband had a rib eye (thin and looked small). I asked for my steak rare and it was well done, my husband asked for medium and his was well done also. My steak was VERY small and I did find my server and they took the steak back, it took forever to get it back but it was cooked correctly. My husband didn't want to wait since he didn't have anything else so ate it well done. You have a choice of potato OR asparagus, we both like asparagus so ordered that, asking for it to be cooked a little longer so that it was softer, no luck with that it was very firm and only a few stalks each. You would think if they are not giving a potato that you would get more of the asparagus but that is not the case.The crab was very good so that helped but this is a steakhouse for heavens sake, you would think that the steaks would be exceptional and they would cook them correctly. Don't waste your money on this. If you want good steak go some place before you get to the casino. We won't go back for the prices they charge and the quality of food and service.

1  Thank Love2clog
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my experience here, I got a very good meal, great portions and reasonably priced. I got the New York strip with scallops, asparagus and a glass of wine for 42 dollars...very fair. The steak was very good quality and much larger than the 15oz it said it was...I'd say more like 18 but who's complaining! I look forward to my next trip here.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The title says it all...As we drive through MN, we purposefully went to the Mystic Lake Casino Steakhouse on New Year's Day to meet family there for dinner...because we heard it was supposed to be fabulous and it was open on New Year's Day.
What an incredible disappointment...maybe it was just an off day...but we certainly were put off...and we've scratched this restaurant off our list permanently. The casino is great but this restaurant is not. It was pricey but that's OK if you get what you ordered, it is good, and there is enough of it...but that was not the case with any of our 4 steak meals. Every one was not cooked to as ordered. All we could guess why it was so bad is that they were busy and in a hurry - so medium meant rare, medium well meant medium rare, and medium rare meant raw...
My sister's tenderloin was not much bigger than a golf ball and she got about 3 pieces of asparagus with her steak. The dinner plate was crying tears of loneliness because it was so empty. My New York strip with the additional $3.00 sauce might have been good if it was not mooing on the plate - steak was cold and sauce was cold, and I think they forgot to put any taste in the sauce - I literally had to take the caps off both salt and pepper to try to spice it up to taste it. My husband and brother-in-law were just as disappointed in their steaks (and we are not the fussy or complaining sort). The service was not attentive either and because it was busy - we knew we'd better just eat what we got - no sense trying to send steaks back to actually be cooked - because we'd all wither away and die - waiting to get our food back. So I just kept dreaming of getting dinner over with to get out of there to the slot machines...LOL!
Mystic Lake is a very big casino - they have many other choices for food - spend less on dinner to feed yourself and you'll have more to feed the slot machines!

MysticLake, Manager at Mystic Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Mystic Steakhouse. At Mystic Lake, we strive for excellence, and when guests bring issues to our attention it helps identify where we have room for improvement. We apologize that our service failed to make you feel comfortable enough to voice your concerns. Normally, we pride ourselves on the outstanding quality of our food and excellent service. All of the meat served at Mystic Steakhouse is considered premium quality, and each steak is hand cut and weighed by our in-house butcher. We are sorry that you felt our portions were inadequate.

If you are ever dissatisfied with your meal, please let us know and we will make every effort to get it right. We want to make sure you are satisfied, and encourage all of our guests to express any dissatisfaction so that we can attempt resolve the issue immediately. We sincerely hope you and your family are willing to give us another try.