“So far, so good”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Proctor
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Black Woods Proctor is the epitome of a neighborhood bar and grill. A cozy place where locals, travelers and outdoor enthusiasts get together to rub elbows and enjoy fresh food, just the way nature intended. Conveniently located off Interstate 35, connected to the AmericInn Hotel and near Spirit Mountain, Black Woods Proctor features daily happy hour specials, a banquet center and curbside delivery.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've eaten here a couple of times and had good food both times. A little pricey, but a nice variety of choices.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We ate at the one in Proctor,MN> I enjoyed the stake but it was too much for me to eat so we had leftover steak with our eggs in the morning. Service was good.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We didn't want to go into Duluth. This place is north on 2 . Very tasty and nice after traveling all day

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I ate here while staying at the adjoining hotel. The hotel gave us a $5 off coupon for an order over $20. She had the Pasta Santino and I had Betty's Spaghetti. My wife really enjoyed her dish and mine was pretty tasty. My wife really like how the sauce in her dish complimented the seafood. In my dish, the spaghetti sauce was a bit different than a normal sauce, at least to what I'm used to. It had an initial sweet taste to it, but the aftertaste had a little kick to it. Was different, but I liked it. Had a lot of other menu items we'd like to try. Will probably eat here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had just left the Thompson Hill Info Center and wanted to eat a little something before we checked into our motel. We sat at the bar and both order the soup/sandwich combo. The tomato basil soup was very good and plenty hot for my husband (he wants it close to boiling when served). He had chicken salad and I had turkey. Both of us like our sandwiches. Service was friendly and fast - we sat at the bar. Nice, big place. Had seating in the bar and in the large restaurant. Looked like a nice place for a nice dinner. Later found it is a chain with several Duluth locations.