AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsample parkinglobby areabed was very comfortableamerican innvideo gamesgreat restaurant attachedrestaurant connected to the hotelthe hotel is cleanbar and grilldonutsgreat breakfastexcellent staysausageeggspotatoescanal parkgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were traveling by motorcycle and pulled into the hotel just as a downpour started. The clerk was friendly and let us park our bike under the roofed hotel entrance. We ate at the Black Woods restaurant in the hotel which was delicious and convenient. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good. The cleaning staff let us borrow a rag to dry off our bike. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a quick trip to Duluth. Super friendly staff! Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Good breakfast. Nice pool/hot tub/sauna area. Great location with only a 5-10 minute drive to downtown Duluth. Very affordable too. Pretty good restaurant attached to the hotel as well. We will definitely stay here next time we visit the Duluth area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

First of all I will start out by saying, I am very fussy about my accommodations. To start out with we were greeted nicely at the front desk. The hotel lobby was nice, not really big, with a sitting area with tables and the breakfast area to the right. They were doing some construction, adding on a fitness room I believe. We got our room and parked and went in the side door closest to our room, (the door opened without a key, not very good for security reasons) also, the garbage can was overflowing, and did not get emptied the next day either until I went and told someone at the front desk). The halls I think need to have updated lighting it is rather dark and gloomy. But entering the room I was relieved that the rooms was very nice. Newly updated, with comfy white fluffy bedding. (I will NOT stay at a hotel that has those dingy bedspreads on them) NASTY! So the beds were great with awesome abundance of pillows) Flat screen tv and ample storage. The only think I could suggest is to have the cleaning service to vacuum the edges of the room more, you could see that is not done every time cleaning. The breakfast was good, my family enjoyed it. Waffles, muffins, donuts, bagels, eggs, potatoes, sausage, fruit, yogurt. Very nice. Overall a pleasant stay! Oh it is a great location, only about 5 mins from Canal Park, and you don't have to be in the noisy big congested part of Duluth. I would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here last time we visited Duluth and it was a good stay so, we stayed again 8/8 to 8/10. Still a nice clean place to stay. The rooms are nice, pool was fun and breakfast was great. The restaurant connected to the hotel has great food and drinks! The only thing I noticed and I am not sure it was the hotel or the trees in bloom but, my allergies were going crazy. (I think this area was part of the flood last year)

Room Tip: Stay away from the main entrance for rooms....the noise! They are doing a remodel project.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After a getaway on the North Shore, we came to Duluth where the temp. was 90+ and the motels were totally booked. Luckily, we called the Americinn and got a room. The clerk was very helpful in giving us directions and then getting us checked in. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Our grandson took advantage of the pool and we all got a very good nights sleep. In the morning we enjoyed a very large selection of breakfast items, including waffles, bacon & eggs, and very good coffee. This was our 1st stop at an Americinn in many years but we will be using this chain again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family