AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Proctor
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Beware about getting a room that is near to the restaurant/convention center next door. There was a wedding party the night that I arrived, and the noise from the band could easily be heard from my room. I requested another one, but didn't get it until about 10:30. I then had to move all of my stuff out early in the morning, due to a 7am meeting (they wouldn't let me keep the room), and got assigned a room that afternoon when I returned that was fine. All in all, the staff were helpful, but it was a real inconvenience.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks out over the parking lot and not the restaurant...especially on a weekend!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I received fantastic service from the moment I walked in the door until the time I left. My room was sooo quiet, inviting, and comfortable - so much that I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning! I will never stay another place in the Duluth area. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Reviewed 22 September 2013

AmericInn is beginning to impress me. This is the second one in 2 weeks. Both were after midnight check inn's without reservations. The night clerk, got me the room I wanted, helped with Directions for the following morning and was bright and cheerful at 1:00AM. Not much to say about the room besides it was perfect in every way. I didn't stick around for the breakfast in the morning, but traffic in the hall was raving about it when I left. The franchise is beginning to impress me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The pluses: Comfortable room with microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV and good wifi; lots of seating options in the breakfast area which featured a full breakfast with different choices each morning; nice pool and hot tub area; friendly staff; Black Woods restaurant is attached

The minuses: A trip to the pool necessitates a trip through the lobby area; the bath area, at least in the two-bed rooms, is a little small

Room Tip: No elevator so those with mobility issues should ask for a main floor room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were traveling by motorcycle and pulled into the hotel just as a downpour started. The clerk was friendly and let us park our bike under the roofed hotel entrance. We ate at the Black Woods restaurant in the hotel which was delicious and convenient. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good. The cleaning staff let us borrow a rag to dry off our bike. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a quick trip to Duluth. Super friendly staff! Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Good breakfast. Nice pool/hot tub/sauna area. Great location with only a 5-10 minute drive to downtown Duluth. Very affordable too. Pretty good restaurant attached to the hotel as well. We will definitely stay here next time we visit the Duluth area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

First of all I will start out by saying, I am very fussy about my accommodations. To start out with we were greeted nicely at the front desk. The hotel lobby was nice, not really big, with a sitting area with tables and the breakfast area to the right. They were doing some construction, adding on a fitness room I believe. We got our room and parked and went in the side door closest to our room, (the door opened without a key, not very good for security reasons) also, the garbage can was overflowing, and did not get emptied the next day either until I went and told someone at the front desk). The halls I think need to have updated lighting it is rather dark and gloomy. But entering the room I was relieved that the rooms was very nice. Newly updated, with comfy white fluffy bedding. (I will NOT stay at a hotel that has those dingy bedspreads on them) NASTY! So the beds were great with awesome abundance of pillows) Flat screen tv and ample storage. The only think I could suggest is to have the cleaning service to vacuum the edges of the room more, you could see that is not done every time cleaning. The breakfast was good, my family enjoyed it. Waffles, muffins, donuts, bagels, eggs, potatoes, sausage, fruit, yogurt. Very nice. Overall a pleasant stay! Oh it is a great location, only about 5 mins from Canal Park, and you don't have to be in the noisy big congested part of Duluth. I would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctor
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Suites Canal Park
Park Point Marina Inn
Park Point Marina Inn
#2 of 31 in Duluth

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

Address: 185 Highway 2, Proctor, MN 55810
Region: United States > Minnesota > Proctor
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Proctor
Price Range: £72 - £151 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center 2*
The AmericInn Duluth South is located in Proctor Minnesota, on the South end of Duluth. Just a quick 10 minute drive from the Downtown/Canal Park area and 1 mile from Spirit Mountain. 67 Newly renovated and updated rooms and suites. Conveniently attached to Black Woods Grill & Bar and Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Hotel & Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Proctor