“Huge invasion of privacy and complete lack of professionalism!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

and 1 more site!
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Zimmerman, Minnesota
“Huge invasion of privacy and complete lack of professionalism!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I, along with my brother and his wife and 9 year old daughter, took a trip up to Duluth to visit my youngest son who attends UMD. We had reserved a king jacuzzi suite. Upon making a terrible decision to smoke in a non smoking room, we were informed (at 10pm) that we had 10 minutes to collect our things and vacate the hotel and property. The stated they had us on camera smoking in our room!!! Why is there a camera either inside or facing inside a king jacuzzi suite. Where we were standing was directly opposite the bed and jacuzzi---and this area is being video taped????? We will never stay at another Americinn anywhere. I advise everyone who reserves one of their jacuzzi suites to be very careful what they do in that room as their actions are being recorded.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I'm sorry that your stay with us was cut short.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding cameras in the hotel. We do have surveillance cameras in the hallways, lobbies & entrances for our guests safety, but absolutely do not have any cameras in any of our Jacuzzi suites, family suites or honeymoon suites (or standard rooms).

Please know that we took immediate action and re-trained all our staff on how to handle these types of situations.

If you would like to share anything else about this experience, or have suggestions on how you feel we should have handled this situation, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel (218) 624-1026 or email me at duluthsouth.mn@americinn.com.

Tony B
AmericInn Duluth South

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Worst customer services ever!!!! If I could just put a big fat zero instead of 1 I would!! My husband and I decide to take a trip up to Duluth for the weekend and was looking for a place to stay. I called this place and a staff told me that there was a room available. I told her I wasn't sure where I was going to stay and that I'm still looking around for a place, and so she told me to give my bank card to "hold" my room until I'm there so I was like sure. I gave her my card number and name and that night I end up staying somewhere else because my husband did not like the drive. We decide to stay closer to down town rather than going out of Duluth. Three days after my bank got charged, so I contact my bank and asked them. My bank contact the hotel and called me back that I should call the hotel and talk to them instead and so I did. I called in and told my name and that I asked for a hold for a room but my account was charge. I told him I don't understand why I had to pay for a place that I did not even spend a night at and he told me that they are a business and they make money, by my having them hold the room for that night im making them lose money so they had to charged me. I request for a manager because I could not believe how he was treating his customer and he told me that he was the manager. He said their "policy" was told over the phone to me by the staff. I try to tell him that I was not aware of the policy, and the person that made the hold did not tell me anything but the room and the rates of it and asked for my name and bank card number. He just told me that he doesn't understand what I am trying to tell him and that the staff wrote in the comment box that she went over their policy already. It was AWFUL!! SUPER DISAPPOINTMENT BY THIS "MANAGER"!!!!! Not to mention I asked for the customer service toll free number or another place that I can talk to about this issue and he gave me a phone number about some college degree programs in California. I had to go onto the website and find the number myself. Horrible!!!! These people!!! I've worked in retails before and it's always "customer satisfaction" that comes first. This is the first time that I was told that money matters more than having customer and they could care less about what happens to their customer as long as they get money from you!!!!! NEVER EVER GOING THERE OR RECOMMENDING IT TO ANYONE!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mai Y
Bemidji
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family and I were in Duluth for a college tour of UMD and a trip up the north shore. We had a great time viewing the fall colors and sight seeing. After a day outdoors, the Americinn of Proctor was a very comfortable hotel to stay in. It was nice to be able to go next door for a drink and some appetizers. Thanks for the coupon at the front desk. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Carlock, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Beware about getting a room that is near to the restaurant/convention center next door. There was a wedding party the night that I arrived, and the noise from the band could easily be heard from my room. I requested another one, but didn't get it until about 10:30. I then had to move all of my stuff out early in the morning, due to a 7am meeting (they wouldn't let me keep the room), and got assigned a room that afternoon when I returned that was fine. All in all, the staff were helpful, but it was a real inconvenience.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks out over the parking lot and not the restaurant...especially on a weekend!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Moorhead, Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I received fantastic service from the moment I walked in the door until the time I left. My room was sooo quiet, inviting, and comfortable - so much that I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning! I will never stay another place in the Duluth area. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Waukon, Iowa, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

AmericInn is beginning to impress me. This is the second one in 2 weeks. Both were after midnight check inn's without reservations. The night clerk, got me the room I wanted, helped with Directions for the following morning and was bright and cheerful at 1:00AM. Not much to say about the room besides it was perfect in every way. I didn't stick around for the breakfast in the morning, but traffic in the hall was raving about it when I left. The franchise is beginning to impress me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The pluses: Comfortable room with microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV and good wifi; lots of seating options in the breakfast area which featured a full breakfast with different choices each morning; nice pool and hot tub area; friendly staff; Black Woods restaurant is attached

The minuses: A trip to the pool necessitates a trip through the lobby area; the bath area, at least in the two-bed rooms, is a little small

Room Tip: No elevator so those with mobility issues should ask for a main floor room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctor
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North
Pier B Resort
Pier B Resort
#9 of 33 in Duluth

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

Property: AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Address: 185 Highway 2, Proctor, MN 55810-2317
Region: United States > Minnesota > Proctor
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center 2*
The AmericInn Duluth South is located in Proctor Minnesota, on the South end of Duluth. Just a quick 10 minute drive from the Downtown/Canal Park area and 1 mile from Spirit Mountain. 67 Newly renovated and updated rooms and suites. Conveniently attached to Black Woods Grill & Bar and Convention Center. ... more   less
Americinn Hotel And Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Convention Center