AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Proctor
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The rooms appear to have recently redone and are very nice. The closeness to Spirit Mountain is very nice...as well as the Blackwoods Restaurant right next door. Very nice stay...great breakfast and roomy pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanks for staying with us over the Holiday weekend - I hope you were able to enjoy all the festivities with the Sno Cross event just across the highway at Spirit Mountain. It is always very exciting! Have you tried the Timber Twister Alpine Coaster over at the adventure park yet? It is pretty fun.

I hope you get back soon to check out our newest breakfast items we've added. We have added many new hot items to the selection - be sure to check with us when you make your next reservation to see what's on the menu for the mornings you'll be waking up with us.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the guest surveys and on line posts - I really appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone.

Come back and see us soon-

Tony

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location easy to get to good restaurant next door. The stay was queit and comfortable after a hard day at work. Staff was great and place was clean. Never cared for hotel breakfasts so dont think this is wrong but everything seemed it was right out of a box and heated up. I like eggs not ones that look like they where made a month ago by a machine and not a chicken.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had stayed at an AmericInn in the past and was not all that impressed. So when I heard that is where friends of ours planned to stay and we wanted to stay at the same place, I reluctantly booked our room. The hotel was nice & clean. The pool area served its purpose for our kids. The breakfast was nicer than I thought it would be. The best thing was the bed and pillows....so comfortable. I hadn't slept that well in a hotel for quite awhile. I definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We reserved a block of rooms because of a wedding reception next door at Blackwoods. Every room was clean and welcoming with comfortable beds. Everything functioned properly and the service was great!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Arrived to the hotel to be checked in by a friendly woman. We asked if she had a corkscrew that we could borrow as we had purchased a bottle of corked wine and she gladly produced one that we could borrow. The breakfast was very good, and there was a lady constantly cleaning and replenishing the food items.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I, along with my brother and his wife and 9 year old daughter, took a trip up to Duluth to visit my youngest son who attends UMD. We had reserved a king jacuzzi suite. Upon making a terrible decision to smoke in a non smoking room, we were informed (at 10pm) that we had 10 minutes to collect our things and vacate the hotel and property. The stated they had us on camera smoking in our room!!! Why is there a camera either inside or facing inside a king jacuzzi suite. Where we were standing was directly opposite the bed and jacuzzi---and this area is being video taped????? We will never stay at another Americinn anywhere. I advise everyone who reserves one of their jacuzzi suites to be very careful what they do in that room as their actions are being recorded.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

I'm sorry that your stay with us was cut short.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding cameras in the hotel. We do have surveillance cameras in the hallways, lobbies & entrances for our guests safety, but absolutely do not have any cameras in any of our Jacuzzi suites, family suites or honeymoon suites (or standard rooms).

Please know that we took immediate action and re-trained all our staff on how to handle these types of situations.

If you would like to share anything else about this experience, or have suggestions on how you feel we should have handled this situation, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel (218) 624-1026 or email me at duluthsouth.mn@americinn.com.

Tony B
AmericInn Duluth South

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Worst customer services ever!!!! If I could just put a big fat zero instead of 1 I would!! My husband and I decide to take a trip up to Duluth for the weekend and was looking for a place to stay. I called this place and a staff told me that there was a room available. I told her I wasn't sure where I was going to stay and that I'm still looking around for a place, and so she told me to give my bank card to "hold" my room until I'm there so I was like sure. I gave her my card number and name and that night I end up staying somewhere else because my husband did not like the drive. We decide to stay closer to down town rather than going out of Duluth. Three days after my bank got charged, so I contact my bank and asked them. My bank contact the hotel and called me back that I should call the hotel and talk to them instead and so I did. I called in and told my name and that I asked for a hold for a room but my account was charge. I told him I don't understand why I had to pay for a place that I did not even spend a night at and he told me that they are a business and they make money, by my having them hold the room for that night im making them lose money so they had to charged me. I request for a manager because I could not believe how he was treating his customer and he told me that he was the manager. He said their "policy" was told over the phone to me by the staff. I try to tell him that I was not aware of the policy, and the person that made the hold did not tell me anything but the room and the rates of it and asked for my name and bank card number. He just told me that he doesn't understand what I am trying to tell him and that the staff wrote in the comment box that she went over their policy already. It was AWFUL!! SUPER DISAPPOINTMENT BY THIS "MANAGER"!!!!! Not to mention I asked for the customer service toll free number or another place that I can talk to about this issue and he gave me a phone number about some college degree programs in California. I had to go onto the website and find the number myself. Horrible!!!! These people!!! I've worked in retails before and it's always "customer satisfaction" that comes first. This is the first time that I was told that money matters more than having customer and they could care less about what happens to their customer as long as they get money from you!!!!! NEVER EVER GOING THERE OR RECOMMENDING IT TO ANYONE!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mai Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctor
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Suites Canal Park
Park Point Marina Inn
Park Point Marina Inn
#2 of 31 in Duluth

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

Address: 185 Highway 2, Proctor, MN 55810
Region: United States > Minnesota > Proctor
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Proctor
Price Range: £72 - £154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center 2*
The AmericInn Duluth South is located in Proctor Minnesota, on the South end of Duluth. Just a quick 10 minute drive from the Downtown/Canal Park area and 1 mile from Spirit Mountain. 67 Newly renovated and updated rooms and suites. Conveniently attached to Black Woods Grill & Bar and Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Hotel & Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Proctor