“AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Convention Center”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Green Bay
“AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Convention Center”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great Hotel- For me a great location as I travel on business. All the room were recently remolded. i have been staying here regularly for four years and have NEVER had a bad experience. Tony the manager and his staff are very professional, and accomodating. Havingteh Blackwoods restraurant connected to the hotel makes it even more of a reason to stay...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Roger B
Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thanks for the kind words.

It's guests like you that make our jobs easy and fun!

Wait until you see all the new showers in the jacuzzi suites.

Black Woods is one of my favorite spots, too. They have some new menu items I think you'll really enjoy.

Thanks again - we really appreciate your business.

Tony B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Duluth
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The rooms appear to have recently redone and are very nice. The closeness to Spirit Mountain is very nice...as well as the Blackwoods Restaurant right next door. Very nice stay...great breakfast and roomy pool.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thanks for staying with us over the Holiday weekend - I hope you were able to enjoy all the festivities with the Sno Cross event just across the highway at Spirit Mountain. It is always very exciting! Have you tried the Timber Twister Alpine Coaster over at the adventure park yet? It is pretty fun.

I hope you get back soon to check out our newest breakfast items we've added. We have added many new hot items to the selection - be sure to check with us when you make your next reservation to see what's on the menu for the mornings you'll be waking up with us.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the guest surveys and on line posts - I really appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone.

Come back and see us soon-

Tony
Crown Point
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location easy to get to good restaurant next door. The stay was queit and comfortable after a hard day at work. Staff was great and place was clean. Never cared for hotel breakfasts so dont think this is wrong but everything seemed it was right out of a box and heated up. I like eggs not ones that look like they where made a month ago by a machine and not a chicken.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had stayed at an AmericInn in the past and was not all that impressed. So when I heard that is where friends of ours planned to stay and we wanted to stay at the same place, I reluctantly booked our room. The hotel was nice & clean. The pool area served its purpose for our kids. The breakfast was nicer than I thought it would be. The best thing was the bed and pillows....so comfortable. I hadn't slept that well in a hotel for quite awhile. I definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Duluth
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We reserved a block of rooms because of a wedding reception next door at Blackwoods. Every room was clean and welcoming with comfortable beds. Everything functioned properly and the service was great!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Thunder Bay
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Arrived to the hotel to be checked in by a friendly woman. We asked if she had a corkscrew that we could borrow as we had purchased a bottle of corked wine and she gladly produced one that we could borrow. The breakfast was very good, and there was a lady constantly cleaning and replenishing the food items.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Zimmerman, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I, along with my brother and his wife and 9 year old daughter, took a trip up to Duluth to visit my youngest son who attends UMD. We had reserved a king jacuzzi suite. Upon making a terrible decision to smoke in a non smoking room, we were informed (at 10pm) that we had 10 minutes to collect our things and vacate the hotel and property. The stated they had us on camera smoking in our room!!! Why is there a camera either inside or facing inside a king jacuzzi suite. Where we were standing was directly opposite the bed and jacuzzi---and this area is being video taped????? We will never stay at another Americinn anywhere. I advise everyone who reserves one of their jacuzzi suites to be very careful what they do in that room as their actions are being recorded.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

I'm sorry that your stay with us was cut short.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding cameras in the hotel. We do have surveillance cameras in the hallways, lobbies & entrances for our guests safety, but absolutely do not have any cameras in any of our Jacuzzi suites, family suites or honeymoon suites (or standard rooms).

Please know that we took immediate action and re-trained all our staff on how to handle these types of situations.

If you would like to share anything else about this experience, or have suggestions on how you feel we should have handled this situation, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel (218) 624-1026 or email me at duluthsouth.mn@americinn.com.

Tony B
AmericInn Duluth South
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctor
Comfort Inn West
Park Point Marina Inn
Park Point Marina Inn
#2 of 33 in Duluth
Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

Property: AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Address: 185 Highway 2, Proctor, MN 55810-2317
Region: United States > Minnesota > Proctor
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center 2*
The AmericInn Duluth South is located in Proctor Minnesota, on the South end of Duluth. Just a quick 10 minute drive from the Downtown/Canal Park area and 1 mile from Spirit Mountain. 67 Newly renovated and updated rooms and suites. Conveniently attached to Black Woods Grill & Bar and Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Hotel And Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Convention Center