AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Minneapolis, Mn
“Nice remodel job”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recent remodeling has updated this hotel to meet the standards of newer properties. Staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel was full with wedding guests, but did not experience any extreme noises or disruptive behavior.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bemidji
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a son graduating from the college of St. Scholastica and with the ceremony at the DECC, transportation to and from hotel to the canal park area is very easy. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile and friendly front desk staff. Our room was clean with a walk in shower that had recently been re-tiled and looks great. We had a king bed and a sofa which was great for watching the hockey game. Breakfast in the morning had hot delicious scrambled eggs with onion and green peppers, lots of pastries, fresh fruit choices, sausage, make your own waffles and fresh sliced lemon water. The lobby is spacious with lots of places to sit. We have stayed at this Americinn in the past and always come back. Duluth is such a beautiful place to visit.

Room Tip: We had a king bed with a sofa sleeper for two kids. One child was sick so we asked for a rollaway an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Monticello
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel! It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It also had a great complimentary breakfast and is a great value. We stayed in the suite with the fireplace and whirlpool tub and will stay in that room again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hotel let us check in early. Lovely lobby. Quality rooms. Comfortable beds. Great location. Attached restaurant was excellent. Staff was very professional and friendly. Will recommend to others. No problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Duluth
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent hotel! The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable. Staff was wonderful! I would stay at this hotel again, and most likely will! The pool area was really nice we had a group which included children and they loved the pool. Had a really good hot breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your thoughts about your stay.

I am very glad that you had a good time with us!

We are very proud of our newly renovated guest rooms. They've just finished all the new showers with marble walls - they're very pretty.

I'm glad the children got to take advantage of our warm pool and pool area - with the winter we've had this year - a lot of guests have really enjoyed themselves inside this year.

I hope you got to try some of our new hot breakfast items while you were here - we have multi-grain and flavored waffles now, eggs Benedict, biscuits and gravy and of course we still have fresh bakery items from a local bakery.

Hopefully you'll be able to come back soon and check out the Adventure Park over at Spirit Mountain (the Timber Twister is very fun).

Thanks again-

Princeton, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Not sure what to say..we stay here at least once a year and this time wasn't the greatest experience...the room was very clean..the noise from the children running down the halls in the morning was not nice but out of your control..now the breakfast...wow so disappointed...first the eggs were not good..I love green peppers but seriously there were so many that's all I could taste..the breakfast attendant was hovering but not doing much and leaving the dirty water in the sink next to the food was gross to look at..the waffel's were so chewy I think the batter was not right...at check out we had to wait for your front desk person..she was a little rude..i asked why there was more money auth on my card then i was quoted she said if I would have read online i would have known that..I walked in so how would i have known that...not good...all in all I would come back but maybe only one more time if I have a similar experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us.

I'm very sorry for all the dissapointing parts of your stay. I have already reviewed you comments with my team and we are going to work very hard to make sure we do not dissapoint you again.

We appreciate your comments - it certainly helps me know where to focus our attention and improve our services.

If you can think of anything else that would make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to either give me a call (218-624-1026) or drop me an email (duluthsouth.mn@americinn.com) and I will follow up, right away.

Thanks again for staying with us - I hope to see you soon!

Osceola, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have stayed at this Americinn three times and have enjoyed it immensely. It is clean, quiet and the staff has been excellent. It is attached to a great restaurant that you should give at try. The name of the restaurant is Blackwoods has wonderul food and an attentive staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Welcome back... We are happy to have you, anytime.

Our dedicated housekeeping staff work very hard to keep everything fresh and new. We are nearly done with the renovations of the new showers in our king rooms throughout the hotel. The marble walls, floor and glass shower doors and BIGGER shower heads and new lighting really make them shine.

Thanks for the shout out to Black Woods - we are very, very lucky to have such an awesome restaurant, bar and banquet center attached to us - I agree the staff is top knotch! I hope you were able to try some of thier newest menu additions during your stay. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of the discount our guests receive when they dine with them.

I appreciate your continued business and for taking the time to post on this site - if you can think of anything that would make your stays with us even more enjoyable, do not hesitate to let me know.

Come back anytime - with any luck, next time we will have green grass instead of snow.

Tony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctor
Comfort Inn West
Park Point Marina Inn
#1 of 33 in Duluth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North
Comfort Suites Canal Park

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

Property: AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Address: 185 Highway 2, Proctor, MN 55810-2317
Region: United States > Minnesota > Proctor
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center 2*
The AmericInn Duluth South is located in Proctor Minnesota, on the South end of Duluth. Just a quick 10 minute drive from the Downtown/Canal Park area and 1 mile from Spirit Mountain. 67 Newly renovated and updated rooms and suites. Conveniently attached to Black Woods Grill & Bar and Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Hotel & Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Proctor