Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth
US$135
Travelocity
US$74
US$68
Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$126
US$117
US$100
US$90
All reviewsspirit mountainking suitecookiescanal parknice hotelwafflessausagewould stay here againhot breakfasteasy accessnorth shoremake your ownstaff was friendlygas stationhotel is locatedpool and hot tubroom was large
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This is the second time we've stayed at this particular Country Inn. It's nice and close to downtown Duluth, but still far enough away that it's quieter. Rooms are spacious and very clean - we received a free upgrade to a suite, which was ideal with young kids.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2007

My husband and I were in Duluth for a conference and needed a place to stay overnight. The hotel staff is very friendly and the room was very comfortable and clean. We were just here overnight, but would recommend the hotel to others, and would likely choose to stay again. The hotel is easy to get to (just off interstate 35) and a short drive to downtown Duluth.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank mnfarmgirl
Reviewed 5 October 2007

I knew I might end up staying a night in Duluth, so I'd done quick internet research on the Duluth South Country Inn price, just in case. Once I was there, I saw another Country Inn closer to my location on Miller Hill, so I went in to find out if they had a room available. I was very surprised to hear them quote a price close to double that of the Proctor/Duluth Country Inn. The guy at the desk said it was because his was a newer property. Not so new that I decided it was worth twice as much. The original Duluth Country Inn is a lovely, well-maintained, quiet property. Unless you have a reason to be in the thick of the busy shopping area, and you don't mind paying an inflated price to be there, I'd recommend going to this Country Inn instead.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank mcsue2
Reviewed 17 August 2007

This hotel is nowhere near the heart of Duluth. Unless you are skiing, it is essentially by nothing--on the periphery of the city. All of the action in Duluth is much closer to the center of town.

So why do I like this one? It really is my favorite place to stay here. Prices, except for marathon weekends, are fairly reasonable. It is super clean. The suite rooms are nicely sized for a family group. It is extremely accessible from the freeway, and parking is free, easy and safe. There is a gas station, convenience store, and fast food within walking distance, very helpful if you are there with kids.

The drive into the center of the city where the action is takes about 5 minutes and is very easy, at least until you get to Canal Park. And all you have to do is try to park near Canal Park to appreciate that staying in the center of town has its problems. We like to enjoy the bustle of the Canal Park area...and then leave it behind.

The train is a little freaky. The tracks are right behind the hotel and when the ore train comes through, it can be kind of a shocker--light, sound, movement, and then it is quickly over. However, we have stayed 6 nights here over the years and we have only heard the train twice. I don't think it is much of an issue.

• Stayed: August 2007
7  Thank PaddleSki
Reviewed 29 March 2007

I stayed at this property for 3 nights and was impressed with the cleanliness throughout. Our room was well maintained, as was the pool, exercise room and breakfast area. The staff were very pleasant and personable. The beds were comfortable and there was a coffee maker in the room, with fresh coffee replenished each day. This hotel is located right off Highway 35 and there is a McDonald's next door. There is a computer in the lobby with free internet access for guests. Free breakfast was included with the room, which consisted of waffles, biscuits and gravy (on the weekends), cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, english muffins, coffee, and juice. I have never stayed at a Country Inn and Suites, and was pleasantly surprised with the comfort and friendly staff at this location.

Stayed: March 2007