“Another perfect stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pratt-Taber Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Pratt-Taber Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Mineapolis, MN
“Another perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I look forward to visiting Pratt-Taber each May on the night before a farm dinner I organize in the area. The inn is beautifully decorated with period furniture. It's quiet and comfortable. A lovely retreat. Deb, the proprietor, is gracious and full of good advice.

Room Tip: They're all lovely.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jrvrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

My sister and I gave each other the Pratt-Taber Inn as a Christmas gift; we were delighted with our 3-day stay! Debbie has totally applied her nursing skills to her role as hostess of this lovely, beautifully decorated home, dispensing TLC and every comfort imaginable. We kicked back on the front porch with wine and chocolate on arrival. Our bedroom, Printemps, was cozy, clean and quiet. Fresh coffee awaited us in the mornings, followed by a breakfast consisting of French toast, omelet, or quiche, and pleasant conversation with Debbie. We felt relaxed and pampered. An electric outlet was even provided for my electric car. I would love to return to the Pratt-Taber Inn!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JaneEK54
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Debbie was an awesome hostess! She had fantastic suggestions and my boyfriend and I really enjoyed our time there. She has an adorable cat named Maxwell and he was a delight.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HDizzy22
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Pratt-Taber Inn in early May. The house was very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was superb. However, what we really loved was the service and friendliness of Deb, the hostess. She was friendly and charming from the get-go. She was always available and, at the same time, gave us our space to relax. She went above and beyond when my wife and I became stranded with our bikes in Cannon Falls (~20 miles away) in a thunderstorm. She rescued us and our bikes. We were so grateful and impressed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben S
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

April 30, 2012

You have inspired me to get my silverplate out of the drawer and begin using it again. We so enjoyed all your antique filled rooms and the tour of "things to come." Coffee, breakfast, and treats were delicious. Appreciated the lovely linens and the trip back in time. Don and I will be back. May even plan a girlfriend trip in the fall! Best of luck in your new renovation project.

Kay & Don

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Grand Rapids MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Deb made us feel more than welcome from the first greeting through our final goodbyes the next morning. Sharing a glass of wine she served with cheese and crackers, we learned about the house's history, her renovation, and got dinner recommendations. We met her delightful cat Max, who resembles a persian sheep rug. Deb's breakfast is way, way beyond anything we have had for many years at similar establishments--the very best french toast served with real maple syrup, superb mixed fruit, whipped cream, smoked bacon done to perfection, apple turkey sausages, great coffee and juice, all in quantity. Vintage woodwork and antiques melded with modern tile shower and good beds and linens, all in a quiet, quaint neighborhood in one of Minnesota's top tourism destinations!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Eau Claire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My first time with a B & B inn was one of the best experiences of my life. The atmosphere of Pratt-Taber was totally charming. The decor, from the living and dining room, to the bedroom was outstanding. The bed was so comfortable that I sank in it and had a hard time getting up so I could go to dinner! And the brownies! Yum! The only thing that beat that was the breakfast that I had in the morning. My only disappointment was that I forgot to take the last brownie from the tray when I left. Thanks Deb for a wonderful visit! You made me feel like I was leaving a friend's house. I'll be back again. Oct.?

Room Tip: I stayed In the Winter room which had a King size bed that could convert to 2 beds and had a blue de...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo