“Bad customer service and average wine- will never return”
Review of Falconer Vineyards

Falconer Vineyards
Ranked #8 of 28 things to do in Red Wing
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to visit Falconer Vineyards at our picturesque location in Red Wing, Minnesota. Relax on our new deck and enjoy a glass of award winning wine while enjoying the view of our vineyard and surrounding bluffs. Also for your enjoyment are our delicious wood fired pizzas which are available during our tasting room hours. Visit our website for current hours and upcoming events. Cheers!
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I just returned from bring a group on a MN Wine tour. Falconer was one of our stops and this is the third time in 4-years that we have been here. I made the arrangements approx. 6-months ago and have called and updated them many times of my dates, arrival time and number of people. When we arrived, they had nothing on the books, not prepared at all, basically could care less if we were there. The owner, John, had us all- 35-people, stand in the small tasting room, vs on the deck where we have been in the past. A very small pour, maybe half an ounce
and did not do any explain of what we were tasting, etc. After the second tasting, I asked him if they had started our pizza that I also had ordered in advance. Oh- you are having pizza too,
Yes, approx. 12-14 of them. They were supposed to be large pizzas but were more of a small to medium size, at $25 each. Not very good either. John finished up the tasting, the pizza and asked if there was anything else I needed. I told him how disappointed I was and asked how he could help us out, offer more pizzas free, as everyone was still hungry,etc. He took off 20% but then made up for it by adding on tax and a 15% gratuity. As we tried to talk to him again about it, he walked away and would not talk with us. I then spoke with the ladies that work there, they have said this is not the first time this has happened and worked with me on a much better credit towards my issues. The ladies there were wonderful and I really appreciated what they did for me. As for Falconer Winery...I will never return!

3  Thank diane s

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The tasting bar was very small, the servers didn't seem very attentive or knowledgeable. We felt like we needed to taste the wines and get out. There is only one very crowded bathroom. the deck is beautiful. We didn't eat there because we seemed so rushed. We didn't really like any of the wines either. This was probably our least favorite winery on the Great River Road Wine Trail.

2  Thank pmatts19
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This weekend we participated in the Great River Road Wine Trail,and the Falconer Vineyards was the 7th stop on our tour. I will say the wines were good BUT the horrible service is what led to the 1 star rating. I don't know where to begin, the "attitude" by the people working there made us feel like we were an inconvenience. The tour offered a "Food Tasting and Wine Pairing" experience but what they considered a "taste" of wine was incredible, looking at the amount in the glass you would think it was poured with an eye dropper, which is too bad because the wine as I said was actually quite good.

We wanted to order food, but again the inconvenience of us being there was incredible, it was like pulling teeth to get someone to come to our table, we finally walked up an ordered.

Then when it came time to pay we were directed to 3 different people, evidently no one wanted to take out money either. . . .while we were waiting to pay at the 3rd person, an employee came to pay for her purchase and we were once again ignored (either she was an employee or they give certain friends an "employee discount").

Based on a few reviews below and a number of reviews on Yelp.com I am not alone in this type of customer service from Falconer Vineyards.

Of the 8 wineries we toured over the weekend I think this was the only one that I would not recommend anyone going to and it is the only one I will never go back to (and as I said it is too bad because they have good wine).

I hope the owners read this and take this to heart you have a good product that is being killed by employees that seem to have no idea what customer service is and what there purpose is there. . . .to serve the customers, the people that are willing to come in and spend their hard earned dollars.

4  Thank Mike_B72766
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a very nice winery with very good wine and excellent pizza. There is a $5 dollar charge plus tax for tastings. I would like to see them wave the tasting fee if you bought a bottle of wine..
Nice deck and grounds.

2  Thank JhShMN
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Went for a couple's evening wine tasting. Falconer was busy, squished in at the counter. Staff was too busy to spend any time discussing the wines...and the wines were not good. We like to buy at least a bottle everywhere we go and couldn't find one that was tolerable.

Other reviews discussed the poor service and we found the exact same experience. Too many customers (some were really loud) and not enough staff to help those actually interested in the wine. Seemed more like a Red Wing bar than a winery.

1  Thank Todd W