“Always satisfied”
Review of Veranda Restaurant

Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Red Wing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
St Paul, MN
“Always satisfied”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Veranda is a great spot for breakfast and lunch with a nice patio overlooking the river. Cute bar nearby too.

Visited March 2014

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Breakfast and the view was amazing”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were there on 03/08/2014 for breakfast. We were seated promptly and once we placed our order, it was in front of us within 15 minutes. Both my husband and I had a perfect breakfast. The bacon was great. We come to Red Wing quite a bit and will always make sure to get breakfast at the Veranda.

• Visited March 2014
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Fine Dining at a Fine Hotel”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had the occasion of celebrating the holidays with a Sunday Lunch at the Veranda Restaurant at the St. James Hotel (Red Wing, MN), and we enjoyed it very much. The Food Selections and service were excellent. Especially recommended is there prime rib.We have come back to the Veranda several times over the years, as we like the unhurried pace of the meal, and the attention to detail by their staff.

• Visited December 2013
Rochester, MN
“Very disappointing lunch”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Had the sliced Turkey and Brie with apple sandwich. It was soggy, almost wet. I could only eat half of it. The sweet potato fries were cold. I rarely do not finish a lunch but this one went bye bye. Had I not been visiting with an out of town friend I would have complained big time. My friend ordered the walleye and it was not good, very dry. Not worth going to eat here ever again.

• Visited October 2013
Port Republic
“A Bit Disappointing”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We've eaten breakfast on two different occasions here. The atmosphere is lovely. We had no problems with our first experience. We were just in Red Wing again for the arts festival and had breakfast at the Veranda again, and were a little let down this time. My daughter and I had the eggs benedict. The hollandaise sauce was tasteless. We ordered Bloody Mary's but because of Minnesota law they couldn't serve them till 10:00. We said we'd wait till then, and I said I'd like mine without the beer chaser (a Minnesota custom that I don't get). She came by at 10:00 to say the drinks would be right out, then we waited. My husband's finally came but not mine. When we reminded her, she brought it with the beer. The service overall was slow and forgetful, and it's not like they were busy--there were plenty of empty tables. She brought the check, then we waited for someone to take our credit card. I like this restaurant but think it needs to up its game a little to be worthy of the St. James, which is a truly lovely hotel.,

• Visited October 2013