“Location couldn't be better..”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had a lovely time in Red Wing and this hotel was in a great location. We only drove to the golf course and the vineyard. Other than that it was located to places to shop, eat, and the bike trails. They were very accommodating. Nice pool area and patio.

Room Tip: be sure to use discounts when MAKING reservations - they won't accept them after that;(
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Red Wing. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found some fun local places to visit. Red Wing is such a beautiful town!
I also appreciate that you took the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Red Wing.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very nice rooms. I did not hear the usual slamming of room doors you hear at other hotels. Also, the beds were very comfortable. I would stay here again. There was a nice variety of items for breakfast. I found the service to be friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2013
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to rate us here on Trip Advisor. I am glad you were comfortable during your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Red Wing.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We planned a trip on short notice and were lucky to find a room at AmericInn. We were happy with everything. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was large and clean. The carpet was a little dated, but passed my white sock test. The coffee was probably the best room coffee I've ever had. The pool area was clean and very little chlorine smell. I think I prefer breakfast being in stations. I ate my waffle while watching TV, then moved to eat my fruit and yogurt. Eggs, French toast, muffins, and bagels are also available. We had no problem finding the hotel or with the parking. My only small complaint is that of the six pillows in my room, none were as soft as I like. I slept great none the less.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor we really appreciate it! . It was our pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel. We look forward to having you return on your next trip to Red Wing.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed for the weekend at Americinn so that we would have access to the Marina nearby. The property appeared to be well maintained from the outside, and although the room itself was somewhat "dated", you could see where efforts have been made to keep things in a state of repair. The rooms/beds/fridge were all clean, but most of all, it was nice to smell a little bleach when stepping into the shower the first time when the water began running. We were a little leery when we first walked in, since the room seemed to have been freshened with "Febreze", but we looked everything over, and decided it was just a nice touch. We did not have the breakfast, but there appeared to be quite a few people enjoying it in the dining area. The lobby was welcoming with coffee pots ready at all times when we walked past them. The only downfall was the new clerk at the desk, who was obviously "fumbling around" and getting nowhere without the help of the other clerk, when she was free at check out time. It took quite a bit longer than it should have. Overall, we would stay again.

Room Tip: It was nice that we were able to stay on the first floor at the far end of the hall. There was litt...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DIANE B
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Red Wing AmericInn. Your comfort is very important to us. We appreciate your taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor to let others know how you viewed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Was in town for a wedding and rooms were already blocked at this hotel as they had a shuttle going to from the hotel and the reception, which was a bonus. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have stayed at this hotel. It was average at best, but expensive - $125. Stayed at the Country Inn & Suites down the road the nite before for only $77, and that hotel was cleaner, classier and overall a better stay. The other bonus to this hotel was the free breakfast in the morning, but again, the Country Inn & Suites also had a breakfast and it was much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I decided to take advantage of the cool and sunny weather to do an extended day trip up the Mississippi from our southeast Minnesota home. I made an on-line reservation at the AmericInn based on past experiences with the chain. We found the staff fresh and welcoming, the room clean and comfortable if just a bit sparse and dated. The breakfast experience was unique. Food and beverages were available in several unrelated places. I made my beautiful brown waffle in a tiny room with a TV while other diners found food in a small nook by the front desk, or a third area near the hallway. Never seen that before. We were not looking for an exotic experience when I made the reservation and we didn't find one. We signed up for basic accommodations and we found them. Clean room, comfortable bed, a hunt-and-find breakfast and friendly staff. I tink we got what we paid for.

Room Tip: Parking lot views also get some road noise.. odd numbers on the ground floor should be quieter.. don...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suitemaster
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at AmericInn. Our goal is to offer you a clean and comfortable place to stay while offering you professional, friendly service. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Red Wing.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Each year in July we attend the Red Wing Pottery convention and always stay at the Americinn. Each year we look forward to our stay which is always pleasant. The accommodations are very good, good breakfast, and a very warm and attentive staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Super 8 Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
#7 of 9 in Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing? Share your experiences!