“Excellence and Friendliness”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We have stayed at this AmericInn in the past and returned because we like the location, size of the facility, pool, and wonderful staff. The staff have always been friendly and accomodating. We also love the breakfast set-up. Fresh fruit, milk, yogurt, hot and cold cereals, waffles, coffee, cocoa, toast/french toast, bagels, etc. Pam S.(assistant manager), in particular, was excellent!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al M
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on your most recent stay the Red Wing AmericInn. We enjoy having the opportunity to interact with our guests and ensure that they have had a pleasant stay. Your comfort and ability to relax are what is important to us. Thank you again and we will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Red Wing!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Americinn is a great place to stay and a great value! The lobby is warm and inviting, the pool area is clean as are the rooms. The staff at this Redwing hotel were very friendly, patient and accommodating for our hockey team that stayed for the weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
1  Thank Shelly M
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for choosing AmericInn for your stay for your hockey tournament if Red Wing. We enjoyed having you as our guests. We look forward to having you visit us for your next tournament.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Americinn is fairly small and older. You will be familiar with the set up, but carpets are worn and it just generally has the feel of needing an update. Bill and Theresa at the front desk are awesome. Very friendly and accommodating. The location is somewhat difficult to find and there needs to be additional outside lighting. Food was ok, as you would expect at an Americinn. My real issue was the cleaning. I might be picky but I expect the mirrors not to splashed on and there not to be toothpaste marks on the bathroom faucet. The second day the bed was kind of pulled up, I couldn't say it was "made." The garbage was emptied, but dirty towels were not taken and there were no new ones to replace. Even after getting the replacement towels myself and asking for the room to be cleaned, there was still coffee stains in the sink, and the beds, well, they looked a little better than before. These were high school girls that need to be given higher expectations or the boot. There is a Country Inn and Suites out a bit further that I would suggest. It is right next door to Smokey Oak, which is a great BBQ restaurant.

Room Tip: I had the King Jacuzzi suite the last night and it was nice and clean. (Could be because of the pre...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ruth4090
RWAI, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Red Wing AmericInn and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We apologize that your room was not as clean as it should have been and I did follow up with the housekeepers regarding this. Your comfort is very important to us. If ever you experience a problem while staying with us please inform the front desk and we will make every effort to correct it as soon as possible.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I were in Red Wing for a getaway weekend and stayed at this motel. In general the room was average, basically clean but very dusty.. It seemed like only 'main' surfaces were cleaned.. when you saw certain surfaces in the sunlight they were very dusty. Also, both my husband and I felt the bathtub very dangerous... first the tub slanted down towards the drain, and secondly the bottom of the tub was extremely, extremely slippery. Thank goodness for a grab bar as I'm sure I could've fallen if I moved wrong. Check in and out was very quick and efficient, nice continental breakfast, room was quiet, bed was comfy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy G
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Red Wing AmericInn and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your room was not as clean as it should have been and I did follow up with the housekeepers regarding this and with maintenance regarding the bathtub situation. Your comfort is very important to us. If ever you experience a problem while staying with us please inform the front desk and we will make every effort to correct it as soon as possible.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is an average chain hotel. We had an issue on arrival in our room that was handled promptly and courteously. Overall cleanliness was good. It was quiet, especially for being right next to a major highway. The morning breakfast was just OK - make-your-own waffles, cereal, assorted breads. One thing I hope they consider is having extra blankets in the room, we could have used one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim K

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor. We are glad you chose to be a guest at our hotel and that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay. If ever you wish to have extra blankets in your room please just call down to the front desk and we will bring as many as you need directly to your room . We are happy to provide anything that ensures you a good nights sleep. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Red Wing.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband, daughter and I were in Red Wing for the annual Arts Festival. We couldn't get a reservation at the St. James which is what we would have preferred, so opted to stay at the AmericInn based on the positive reviews. I'd have to say it was just okay. The room was minimally decorated, dark red carpet and olive green bedspreads, rather dull. A few colorless prints of plants on one wall were the only art works. The bathroom was the smallest one I have ever seen. You had to go all the way into the room and turn around in order to shut the door. I could stand in the middle of the room and touch both walls. There was a small vanity area outside of the bathroom, but the whole thing was a bit cramped for three people. On the positive side, the room was very clean and quiet. However, we stayed two nights and our room was never made up on our second day. The WiFi was terrible--we either couldn't connect or had such a weak connection that it wouldn't work. We had to use our phones as hotspots. We did not eat the breakfast--it looked pretty minimal, though. I did go for coffee at about 9:00 am and both pots of regular were empty. There is no elevator, so if you can't drag your luggage up the stairs make sure you're on the first floor. There is an indoor pool and hot tub which looked very nice, but we did not use them. This hotel served the purpose but was not worth the price we paid, and we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a first-floor room if you cannot climb stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna L
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've stayed here many times. Never had a problem. I wish they didn't cut the breakfast off at 10am. It's located about a mile from town. Very quiet rooms. The pool is great for kids. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Red Wing and for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
#7 of 9 in Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing? Share your experiences!