“Third Visit, Avoid Particular Rooms”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our third visit to the AmericInn in Red Wing and we've come to know it as a reliable stay. The staff is friendly and the rates were very reasonable for the weekend ($90 range).

Sadly, this visit also led us to the worst room in the place - first floor next to the exit door in the back (I believe room 120). The room also has one wall shared with vending machines on the other side. The entire night, we heard the slamming of the exit door and or the vending machines being used or turning on and off. I addition, we learned how thin the walls are from neighbor noises.

Bottom line, I would recommend getting a room as close to the main area as possible, possibly second floor as well. Staff was kind when we decided to check out a day early and we had no issues.

As always, the breakfast was enjoyable and we appreciated the full menu of HD cable channels offered.

Room Tip: Avoid room next to back exit door on first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for returning and staying with us at the Red Wing AmericInn. We always enjoy seeing return guests and appreciate that you took the time to review us here on Trip Advisor.
We take your comfort while staying with us very seriously and I am sorry that you had a room that the noise disturbed you. If ever you experience a problem please contact us at the front desk and let us see if we can switch your room to one that will better meet your needs. We try to be aware of noise later in the evening and walk the halls to ensure that it quiets down, I am sorry that we missed this issue.
When you visit Red Wing the next time I hope you will visit us again and just notify us that you do not want a room by the back door we will be happy to ensure you get a different location. Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Though a bit hard to find, the AmericInn was a great place to stay when visiting Red Wing to ski Welch Village ski resort. Morning breakfast selection was more than average. They had two waffle irons so there was no waiting for a warm breakfast. Personal was very helpful. Room was clean, quiet, and good sized. Pool and hot tub were clean and at a good temp. 4 stars from me!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for being our guest at the Red Wing AmericInn. We also appreciate that you took the time to review us here on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy a comfortable stay after spending some time on the hills at Welch Ski Area. The hot tub and pool are wonderful after that!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Red Wing!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I spent a night for a little getaway when we were in town for a show at the Sheldon Theatre. The room was clean, bed was comfy, pool, whirlpool & sauna were great, and the waffles the next morning were wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Red Wing AmericInn. This winter more than ever we are all needing the chance to get away and relax! I am pleased to hear that you had a good time and had a chance also to go to the Sheldon Theater while you were here. It is a real gem!

I am so glad you enjoyed the free breakfast, the waffles are so awesome! We appreciated your business and hope to see you the next time you visit Red Wing.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We have stayed at this AmericInn in the past and returned because we like the location, size of the facility, pool, and wonderful staff. The staff have always been friendly and accomodating. We also love the breakfast set-up. Fresh fruit, milk, yogurt, hot and cold cereals, waffles, coffee, cocoa, toast/french toast, bagels, etc. Pam S.(assistant manager), in particular, was excellent!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al M
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on your most recent stay the Red Wing AmericInn. We enjoy having the opportunity to interact with our guests and ensure that they have had a pleasant stay. Your comfort and ability to relax are what is important to us. Thank you again and we will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Red Wing!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Americinn is a great place to stay and a great value! The lobby is warm and inviting, the pool area is clean as are the rooms. The staff at this Redwing hotel were very friendly, patient and accommodating for our hockey team that stayed for the weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelly M
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for choosing AmericInn for your stay for your hockey tournament if Red Wing. We enjoyed having you as our guests. We look forward to having you visit us for your next tournament.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Americinn is fairly small and older. You will be familiar with the set up, but carpets are worn and it just generally has the feel of needing an update. Bill and Theresa at the front desk are awesome. Very friendly and accommodating. The location is somewhat difficult to find and there needs to be additional outside lighting. Food was ok, as you would expect at an Americinn. My real issue was the cleaning. I might be picky but I expect the mirrors not to splashed on and there not to be toothpaste marks on the bathroom faucet. The second day the bed was kind of pulled up, I couldn't say it was "made." The garbage was emptied, but dirty towels were not taken and there were no new ones to replace. Even after getting the replacement towels myself and asking for the room to be cleaned, there was still coffee stains in the sink, and the beds, well, they looked a little better than before. These were high school girls that need to be given higher expectations or the boot. There is a Country Inn and Suites out a bit further that I would suggest. It is right next door to Smokey Oak, which is a great BBQ restaurant.

Room Tip: I had the King Jacuzzi suite the last night and it was nice and clean. (Could be because of the pre...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ruth4090
RWAI, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Red Wing AmericInn and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We apologize that your room was not as clean as it should have been and I did follow up with the housekeepers regarding this. Your comfort is very important to us. If ever you experience a problem while staying with us please inform the front desk and we will make every effort to correct it as soon as possible.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I were in Red Wing for a getaway weekend and stayed at this motel. In general the room was average, basically clean but very dusty.. It seemed like only 'main' surfaces were cleaned.. when you saw certain surfaces in the sunlight they were very dusty. Also, both my husband and I felt the bathtub very dangerous... first the tub slanted down towards the drain, and secondly the bottom of the tub was extremely, extremely slippery. Thank goodness for a grab bar as I'm sure I could've fallen if I moved wrong. Check in and out was very quick and efficient, nice continental breakfast, room was quiet, bed was comfy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy G
RWAI, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Red Wing AmericInn and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your room was not as clean as it should have been and I did follow up with the housekeepers regarding this and with maintenance regarding the bathtub situation. Your comfort is very important to us. If ever you experience a problem while staying with us please inform the front desk and we will make every effort to correct it as soon as possible.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
#6 of 9 in Red Wing
15 mi away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing? Share your experiences!