“Very Good Service - Average Food”
Review of Fiesta Mexicana

Fiesta Mexicana
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Red Wing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We noticed this restaurant was busy while driving past on the way to checking in to our hotel and assumed was good local restaurant so we decided to try it. The service was extremely good and the food quality decent. A bit over-priced for the small portion we received after ordering fajitas for two compared to other mexican restaurants we have visited.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

After moving away from the Red Wing area almost 6-years-ago, I was excited to visit Fiesta Mexicana once again. After having dinner there this past Saturday night, I can't remember why I missed it so much. The service is as fast and friendly as ever but the food was terrible. We arrived about 7:00 PM and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant, which we thought was odd because when we lived in Red Wing this place was packed at that time of the evening on a Saturday.

We both ordered Margaritas and they were served to us right away. However, both my husband and I agreed they were the worst ones we had ever had. Tasted like the pre-mixed version you could buy in a liquor store. Just awful! My husband ordered the Chicken Chimi and I had a Chicken Enchilada Verde and Tamale. My husband said his Chimi qualified as "edible" but nothing like he remembered and my meal was comparable to something you would get from a fast food joint. Nothing was fresh, barely hot and smothered with so much cheese I had to scrape all of it off just to reveal a glob of sloppy refried beans and some very dry rice.

While living in Red Wing, we would frequent Fiesta Mexicana at least 3-4 times per month. Sadly, the quality of this place has went so far down-hill that we won't be back the next time we are in town. The only reason I gave this a "poor" rating instead of a "terrible" is because the service was super fast and friendly.

1  Thank CLBuller
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Ate with family and kids here while visiting Redwing. Service was fine, but a table of 5 gets the tiniest basket of chips I've ever seen! Constant refills - although there was a note on the menu that excessive requests for refills of chips and salsa would be charged! I can see why! Crazy.

Our table ordered three different meals: chimichangas, a chicken dish smothered in some kind of sauce and a shrimp-somthing dish. We left most of the meal on the plate - unable to distinguish on from another with the bland tastes. The shrimp were 'fishy' and tiny. It seems that some Mexican restaurants just find a way to make the dishes all the same - there's no effort to just show a bit of creativity and effort. If they did, they'd be so rewarded! Food needs to taste GOOD. We also celebrated a b'day but staff made no effort to make a fuss. SO - passing this one up from now on.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My boyfriend and I ate at Fiesta Mexicana on a Wednesday night around 9pm. I did not have a margarita, but that is what they're known for with the locals. The chips were not fresh. We ordered the cheese crisper (?) appetizer- it was bland. Basically a pound+ of semi-melted cheese on a flat tortilla. Our entrees, chimichanga and enchiladas, weren't very good. The veggies tasted canned so I did not eat more than a quarter of my enchilada. The rice was good though. The water glasses were small, maybe 9 oz, and the service wasn't great so we ended up waiting quite awhile for refills. We never received straws or the napkins we asked for. There appeared to be some employees sitting around the bar area eating. Which sucks because I think our waitress was also tending bar - she could have used some help! I am in the restaurant business so I am more than willing to give this place another chance, could have just been an off night. However, it will be awhile before I venture back for round 2.

1  Thank Kate J
Reviewed 10 May 2013

When we arrived at about 6:30 pm we were greeted by the hostess who filled our request to sit outside on their patio. As I looked around at the indoor seating there were few patrons which raised a few red flags. She took us to a table with an umbrella but did not offer to put the umbrealla up as the other patrons had. It took about 10 minutes for the next contact with the chips and salsa delivery and another 10 minutes for our waitress to show up to take our first beverage order. When she returned with them we ordered dinner which turned out to be average at best. My 1st beverage sat empty for about 10 minutes. This was night #2 that this happened in Red Wing. I simply don't understand how any restaraunt can allow a patron to sit with an empty bevearge glass when it is the most profitable item they have. I came with money to spend on dinner, drinks, desert and tip but spent much less than I had planned. I would not go back.

1  Thank travelmoreDuluthMn