“Kind of dingy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hutchinson, Kansas
“Kind of dingy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Actually, the food was pretty good. The seats in the booth felt like I was falling through and the whole place looks like it hasn't been cleaned this century, but I wasn't there for the atmosphere--I was there for dinner!

Visited June 2013

Garwin Iowa
“Terrible doesn't describe it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

10 minutes to see a waiter-15 minutes more for drinks- an additional hour and 10 minutes for food. Group of 6 not nearly the staff on hand needed to provide good service, felt bad for staff. Appetizers cam out with meal, steak was over cooked- tough and full of grisel that I bent my fork and was only able to eat one piece, showed the waiter and didn't seem to matter. We also had the German platter and everything but the brat was way overcooked, mach and cheese looked and tasted like Kraft. The good part, the wings were the only thing worth the money.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Chris G
Marinette
“Great fish fry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Probably one of the best beer-battered fish fry I have ever eaten. Definitely plan to go back again...fresh fish, great price, friendly staff.

Visited February 2013
Hidden Valley Lake, California
“Close to hotels, cheap gas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Very loud fun hockey crowd. When was the last time you saw Grain Belt beer on tap!? I saw German food on the menu and was stoked. My husband had the famous heart steak - small 6 oz sirloin, good, with baked potato and garlic bread. I was disappointed with my Jaeger Schnitzel - tough slices of pork loin, grilled even tougher with packaged gravy, kraut and red cabbage. Great local atmosphere and conveniently located next to hotels.

Visited January 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Blindsided at the Bierstube!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

I have not been to the Bierstube Grill in Red Wing for quite a while and after tonight's visit I'm happy that I haven't. Everyone expects value for their dollar and if this sounds like a statement you agree with, beware of eating at this restaurant. My wife and I stopped in for an early evening meal which consisted of a vegetable burger and fries, a shrimp basket, a soft drink, and a glass of tap beer. The service was quick and our waitress was friendly and courteous, but I was caught off guard when I recieved the bill and found that my glass of beer was $5. and the 12 or so steak fries on my plate cost an extra $3. My total bill came to about $30 plus tip. $30 is not out of line for dining for two, but in this case I feel I was blindsided. What we received was not worth the dollars spent. I don't mind spending money in a restaruant if I receive value for my dollar and if I return to the Bierstube, I will be much more cautious about the small print.

• Visited December 2012