“An American Gem”
Review of Bev's Cafe

Bev's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Red Wing
Description: Breakfast and lunch place except on Friday night until 8:00p.m. for our fish fry. Specializing in home style cooking and breakfast all day.
Shropshire, England
“An American Gem”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The oldest cafe in Red Wing, but the friendliest people and super food. The onion soup was delightful, the French silk pie a la mode is to die for, don't miss it.

Visited May 2014

Red Wing, Minnesota
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stop in as early as 5 am. Regulars there every day. Great palce for breakfast!

Fun place to eat. Waitresses are cool and food is great!

Visited August 2013
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
“What a joy!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stopped in last Friday night. It is charming, clean and very good home style food. Their prices were very reasonable.... be sure to check out their specials for the day. I had the roast pork with mashed potatoes and gravy and a salad all for $6.95. My Husband had the meatloaf and it was
excellent. We don't head down to Red Wing all that often, but when we do we WILL go there.

• Visited May 2014
Red Wing, Minnesota
“A real cafe!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

From great breakfasts to great hot dishes. Comfort food in a comfortable atmosphere. What a cafe is supposed to be! Home made desserts too!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank kdlmac
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Small place but down home food”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've been in Red Wing on a long term work assignment so I've eaten in many places here. I usually go here for breakfast at least one weekend morning. I've had several of the egg dishes. Omelets were large and tasty, the chicken fried steak was huge. I'm from North Carolina and was pleasantly surprised at how good the grits are. The food very good and very reasonably priced with large portions. If you go for breakfast, get there early. The place is small and fills up quickly and gets to where it is very noisy and hard to move around. The only time I had a complaint was on a visit where I ordered sausage patties as one of my sides. When it came out, they were way beyond well done. When I called the server over she looked at them and ask me if I wanted her to take them back. I said yes. I was disappointed that the kitchen would serve something like that and disappointed that when I called the server over, she didn't just take them back without even asking. However, I've been there at least 20 times over the last several months and every other time was a positive experience.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Bev's Cafe? Share your experiences!