“Red Wing's Best Kept Secret”

Best Western Rivertown Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to the Twin Cities for a visit with family and spent the night at the Red Wing Rivertown Inn and Suites. What a delightful little hotel! Off the main highway so we got a good quiet night sleep in our theme suite. Room was very spacious and well appointed. Updated granite bathroom and whirlpool tub were a definite plus. Staff were very friendly and courteous and took the time to tell us about some of the local attractions. Our ONLY complaint was that our suite smelled like stale cigarettes when we opened the door. Must have been a smoking room at one time. After a few minutes we didn't notice it and it didn't bother us the rest of our stay. Nice pool area - the indoor/outdoor option is unique and we loved that we could shower off and then sit in front of the fireplace to warm up. All in all, a good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I'm here for work and have been at this hotel for over a month. I don't have any complaints and it's much better than the hotel I was staying at in Cannon Falls. It has great water pressure and nice sized rooms. I work nights and sleep during the day and I haven't been woken up once during my sleep because of noise. The rates are fairly decent and it's close to where I work.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was the second long term stay my wife and I have experienced with this hotel and will definitely return if in the area again. The hotel is run professionaly and the cleanliness is exceptional. Large rooms, very nicely furnished and quiet. The internet works great, the breakfast is very nice and all day coffee is a nice touch. The washer/dryer is a must for us and has never let us down. The beds are very comfortable with adequate pillows and very nice quality bedding. The staff are friendly and the housekeeping staff very helpful. All in all a great place to stay for either short or extended periods.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CHARLES H
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Nice hotel and guest rooms- would have prefered a larger sink counter. Breakfast was ok- very greasy bacon. This location is close to town / restaurants. We would chose this hotel again. Didn`t use the swimming pool, but it looked clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Did not have a reservation for a room in Red Wing so we stopped by the Best Western on a whim. It turned out to be very nice. Room was very clean, breakfast was very good and the staff very helpful. Only problem was the price. $95.00 + tax! Way too much money but we were too tired to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My stay was OK for the price. I was disappointed in the breakfast. They state a hot breakfast so I expected there would be eggs, bacon or sausage, and biscuit and gravy. They only provided biscuit and gravy. The staff was OK, but not very friendly. The room was clean, but the TV stations did not work well the first night and then did the second night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I booked a room over the telephone and verified the price. When we checked in, I was given a different price, more expensive, and was given a different room. I questioned the price, but I failed to bring supporting documentation for the price quoted. The room appeared to be clean, but upon further looking it was not. The room also appeared to have been renovated recently. The was paint on the floor, the A/C unit and on the curtains. They used about five shades of one color, it drove my wife crazy. The one issue that was of a real concern, we found a room key card in the room. The card was not functional, however if you check in and ask for two keys, why woul;d you be allowed to check out without turning in two keys. The key was not hidden, so how could the cleaning staff miss finding it laying on the floor.

Adding everything up, we would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baratman
BWFD, General Manager at Best Western Rivertown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I would like to apoligze for your stay. All the rooms had been repainted about one year ago and the a/c units had been replaced 3 months ago. I will check into the paint on them. I will also speak with housekeeping about the rooms. As far as the key left in the room more than half of the guests leave their keys in the room when they check out. Now yes housekeeping should have noticed it and removed it from the room.
Vance Stemen

Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#4 of 9 in Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City

Been to Best Western Rivertown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!