“Accomodating place to visit”

Seven Clans Casino Hotel & Event Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Redlake
Seven Clans Casino Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redlake
Winnipeg
“Accomodating place to visit”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed two nights, enjoyed very friendly and helpful staff, a nice modern room with fireplace, and the kicker was the great food. Reasonably priced and very tasty. Favourite picks are the omelettes, wild rice chicken soup, and pickerel, be it with breakfast lunch or the all-you-can-eat plate on Friday. The casino has a variety of table games as well as the VLTs, something for everyone. Just need to take courses in how to win more...

Room Tip: Get a Players club card to the Seven Clans Casinos, register it before checking in to get very good...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I had no idea what to expect when I made my reservation. This hotel is definitely worth it! Clean, great service, great prices for the rooms. My room had a fireplace and a little larger then a standard. In conclusion; great room, great prices, very clean and quiet. Hope this helps folks.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank danmux
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I had stayed here a couple of times before (once in our RV and another in the hotel) prior to my latest "non" stay with a friend. The property itself is nice and would otherwise earn 4-5 stars from me, but I am basing this review (and my first ever 1-star Trip Advisor rating) on their horrendous reservation policy.

I called in September to make a reservation for October 18. I told them I had a coupon I'd like to use, so they took my name and basic information and told me I had until 6 PM on the date of my stay to cancel my reservation if needed. They did not ask me for any credit card information. I didn't think much of it at the time as I *had* stayed there before and was in their player's club "system", so I just assumed they didn't need a credit card number.

My out-of-town guest and I arrived at about 6:10 PM after driving 2 hours to get there. I proceeded directly to the player's card desk to redeem my coupon for the discounted hotel stay (my husband and I had used a similar coupon before, so I knew the "drill.") I waited in line for about 10 minutes. When it was my turn, the woman working the player's club desk checked for my reservation and couldn't find it. She told me I needed to go check on it at the hotel desk. I was starting to get annoyed at this point as I had wasted 10 minutes in line only to have to go back and wait again once I things straightened out at the hotel desk. How I wish that had been my only problem!

Turns out they GAVE MY RESERVATION AWAY because we failed to show up by 6 PM (by this time it was about 6:25 PM). I just stared at the guy, like what? Really?! Do you have any other rooms? He said, no, they were completely full. He then went on to tell me that this is their policy and had I guaranteed my reservation with a credit card they could have held the room longer. I was so mad at this point I just walked away. I didn't even ask to speak to a manager at the time because I knew it wouldn't be pretty. (I did send them an email today and await their response.) So now my friend and I are in the middle of nowhere with nowhere to stay. Luckily, we did find a vacancy at the Palace casino (about 45 minutes away). Not a very fancy place, but at least we had somewhere to sleep!

Keep in mind:

I was NOT told on the phone about their 6 PM no-show policy. (6 PM, really? I get 10 PM maybe, but 6?)

I was NOT asked to provide a credit card number to guarantee my "late night" (6 PM!) arrival. I would have gladly done this had I known about their policy.

They gave my room away mere MINUTES after 6 PM. I did not receive a phone call, email or any other kind of warning.

Bottom line: BE SURE to give them a credit card number if there's any chance you might be arriving after 6 PM! Even if you do that, I would call to double check!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank midnitebreeze
Willmar, MN
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Recently stayed two nights on business. Rates are very reasonable- $40 a night. No free breakfast. Room had a fireplace in it. Plenty of room to do paperwork. Very clean. Only drawback is there really isn't any other dining options close by- One night I went to Dales Bar- 10 miles south- Great cheeseburger.

Room Tip: Book online to get the voucher rate.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank williamp9974
Tower, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We spent last night at Seven Clans Casino Hotel in Red Lake and once again had a sublime experience. We stayed in a fireplace suite and it is well designed, spotlessly clean and comfortable. There is no alcohol served at this hotel which means there are never drunks hollering in the hallways. The ladies at check in were friendly and helpful, assuring we got the best rate available. The casino is small, roomy and even when crowded is not smoky. The small restaurant was amazing. we both had great steaks cooked perfectly with salad, baked potato, wild rice and bread. The bill was under $30! Breakfast was an enormous plateful of eggs, 4 thick cut slices of bacon, an enormous order of hashbrowns and toast. That bill was less than $16 and we got 25% off as part of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. With a casino card (which is free) the rate is only 69.95 on weekends and less duri...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bgawboy1

Been to Seven Clans Casino Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!