“Never See Us Again!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Redwood Falls
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Never See Us Again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Wanted to stay here instead of the busier Jackpot Junction Hotel, as the rates seemed reasonable. Got to the motel and checked into our room and found that the alarm clock from the room next door was ringing constantly. Called down to the front desk to notify them, and they said they would call the people in the room. That was strange, as if they were in the room, why would the alarm be ringing? This did not result in any change. After a little while longer, went down to the front desk and asked them to go up there and shut it off. The person at the front desk said they could not leave the desk to do this (???), but instead could offer us a different room (???). We decided to try that, but the second supposed non-smoking room smelled like a smoking room (???). We returned to the front desk again and said this was unacceptable. The desk person again said they could not offer a refund, but only another room. We were sick of it by then, and said we would leave even if we did not get a refund. Desk person did give us a phone number to call back and talk to someone in management, but would have to wait until the next day. Calling back the next day, the assistant manager said they would not offer a full refund because they would have to clean the room. So they would have to keep at least $25. Give me a break, if their front desk person could just walk up a flight of stairs to shut off an alarm clock, this could all have been avoided. The manager himself did not have the guts to talk to us, so keep your stupid $25 dollars, you will never see us or anyone we talk to about this again. If you don't address easy customer needs you don't deserve to stay in business. Also, if the manager can't stand behind his motel, he is not worth anything either. If you are smart, you will drive the extra 5 miles and stay at Jackpot Junction. This place is not worth your time!!

Room Tip: Drive to Jackpot Junction, Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Vince G
RVL_MGMT, Manager at Redwood Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
So sorry that the alarm clock in the other room was such a problem, we really were sad to hear how displeased you where with how this was handled. After discussing it with the gal at the desk, she informed me that she had gone upstairs twice to turn off the clock before she tried to move you to another room. Unfortunatly, she did not know how to properly turn off the type of clock that was in that room. We will take this as a lesson and in the future i will expect the staff to handle an incident like this differently. We will also be visiting alarm clock training at meetings on a regular basis to avoid any nuisence.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I recently visited your town for the Minnesota Inventors Congress Convention and I must say I was very pleased but, before I get ahead of myself let me back-up a little. When I first started making travel plans to the MIC event I was wondering what I had got myself into. A little old town in the middle of nowhere, I just didn’t think there would be anything to do. Well I got to say I was totally surprised. The townsfolk are very friendly and polite. They just made you feel like you were part of the community.
Deb Hess, whom I spoke to many times over the phone, has done a good job in promoting the town and the MIC event, being from Florida; I had many choices to choose from for this type of event and I am glad I chose MIC. I had the pleasure of staying at the Redwood Valley Falls Lodge and Gail and her staff were friendly to say the least, almost like that warm blanket on a cold winter night; the staff would do whatever it took to make my stay the best experience they could offer. The room was fairly priced and was also extra nice and clean, no smell at all; shower was also very clean and fresh linens in place; the free breakfast was provided in a very clean and spaceous dinning area. The only thing I needed was a hair dryer and the hotel staff fixed that in about 5 minutes. I also visited a few restaurants and two of them make the top of my list Pizza Ranch and Chumly’s – great food, fair prices and wonderful wait staff, and of course everyone was so helpful, so my hat is off to Janet & Bear from Chumly's ( great Burgers ), and the others for making my stay an experience of a lifetime. Connie at the Hallmark Shoppe was also very friendly. There must be something in the water up there because I have never been to a town where everyone treats you so good
Heck I even got to see my first Elk, Buffalo, and Waterfall in person; you just don’t have those down here in Florida.
The only negative experience I had was the buffet food at Jackpot Junction, bad food and the price was too high but, I did my best to spend what I could to help the local business owners out.
In closing I would just like to say good job, clean town, pleasant townsfolk. I look forward to coming back next year.

Saved In Christ To Serve – Steve Effler

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank SteveEffler
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

This motel is in a great location for access to WMA's. They allow pets and charge only a one-time cleaning fee instead of a per night/per dog fee like most motels. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was substantial and tasty. Relaxing in the sauna and whirlpool after a day in the fields was a real treat. We have stayed in other motels in this area and paid a lot more for much less in value and comfort. Will absolutely return again and again!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank MidwesternMover
JFPBloomingtonMn, Owner at Redwood Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2010
Thank you so much for writing us such an awesome review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay while hunting! We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your business! Jami
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

My husband and I were very impressed with this super clean, very attractive lodge with very friendly staff and excellent service.
Our room had a nice view and very comfortable beds and we liked the extra pillows for each queen bed.
The breakfast was very good each morning and we liked the exercise machine room too.
The price was really good for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 42881Traveller
Northern MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

Clean rooms, quiet, good staff, good breakfast. This was a good place to stay, and would happily go there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MedMusic
Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

The Rooms were average size. It is an older hotel but you can tell that they have upgraded many things. The chairs are new, as well as the bed comforters. Its not the Hilton by any means, but this hotel is top quality for such a great price. The retail on the rooms is about $63 during the week but I got mine for a little cheaper. Well worth it. They have a nice newly remodeled lobby area and a decent breakfast in the morning with a waffle maker. In a bigger town, this hotel would be able to charge more for their services. Would reccommend this hotel to anyone needing a stay in Redwood. The front desk staff was wonderful, as I was traveling by myself-they made sure I had everything I needed and like the other review said, they gave me a room near the lobby in case I needed anything.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

Very accomodating staff and clean hotel. Very well decorated and reasonably priced. Would like to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Asteria Inn & Suites - Redwood Falls
The Vintage Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Vintage Inn Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Redwood Falls

Been to Redwood Lodge? Share your experiences!