Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Windom, Minnesota, United States
“3rd Stay”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel. And it is the 3rd time for a reason! We like it a lot. It is very easy to get to and the Mall of America is very close. Very reasonable prices. The staff is very friendly. I have nothing to complain about with this AmericInn!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pocahontas, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We arrived mid-day and were welcomed by a VERY friendly desk clerk. He even helped us get our bags into the motel. I have stayed at numerous AmericInn and our room could have used a little updating but was very comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was adequate and fresh. The same friendly desk clerk even printed off directions for us to my cousin’s house. The only negative was that the next morning, when getting ready to take a shower, we realized that there wasn't any soap, shampoo, etc. A trip to the desk and it was willing given with apologies. I would have liked a refrigerator and microwave that have been provided in other AmericInn locations.

mn
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here when I was at a meeting nearby. Did not experience any major problems there. Have stayed at other Americinns that have microwave & refrigerator in all rooms--there were none in my room at this particular hotel.

Breakfast could have been a bit better--again compared to other Americinns not quite up to par.

Desk staff was helpful and friendly.

Would certainly stay here again since the location and price are right!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was having an overall okay time with this hotel and right before we checked out we were on the 3rd floor with 2 little kids, one was an infant. The elevator broke and we had to carry all our stuff down to the main lobby and the front desk woman was so rude she told me I should take the stairs more often and not complain and that she wasn't an elevator fix it so I should just deal with it, she couldn't have been more rude to us, and I really am never a complainer.. I just had to voice my opinion about this woman, her name was kiristy, I hope the hotel doesn't keep her around to treat guests this way :(

• Stayed June 2013
Orr, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The Good: It's close to the Mall of America, and the price beat any other hotel in the area by a lot. The upkeep is fantastic--freshly painted walls and new carpeting in the lobby, halls, rooms and even in the stairwells. Everything is very clean. The pool is large and warm. The staff is great.

The Not So Good: There are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room. For our visit, this was a distinct disadvantage. We were a family of seven, eating out for every meal. We would bring leftovers to the room to eat later and had to store them in a small cooler with ice, which eventually melted and left us with soggy messes. We would have liked to store cold drinks for the kids to have whenever, but we couldn't do this.

The full-carb breakfast was fine for the kids, but we adults would have liked a protein option.

1 Thank Maude59
Indianola, Iowa
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Nice priced hotel; but you get what you pay for. Our first night there the elevator was not working and we were on the third floor. There was a youth sports team there running around and causing issues that the night clerk had to deal with them, which left us carrying our luggage up 3 flights of stairs with my senior mother. Due to the elevator being out, our room was right next to the stairs, so we continued to hear the boys running up and down the stairs all night long. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about, not a big selection and there really wasn't any place to set as there were only about 21 seats for a very full hotel. We took our breakfast back to our room (thank goodness the elevator was working again). That night I had misplaced my room key went to the front desk and asked for a key to my room number, was given it with no question. Scarey!! Our second morning the elevators were out again, went down to breakfast early, and they were out of a lot of stuff, when we asked the gal for some more of anything she just glared at us and walked away. Didn't replace anything, until another guest went to the clerk and told them there was no food (milk, waffle mix, syrup, biscuits, muffins, bagels all out). She did come out and very slowly started replacing the items. Not sure I would stay again.

Winona, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The Assistant Manager and night clerk both performed way beyond our expectations, we needed a 2:30 AM wake up call and were treated to fresh coffee, rolls and fruit, not the full blown breakfast but way more than we expected. Whwn we returned to the Hotel to collect our car after a week long vacation it had been cleared of more than a foot of snow by the assistant manager. We were so impressed by the actions of both these gentlemen we called the corporate customer service line to extoll their virtues. If you have to fly out of MSP and want to park your car while you are gone I would suggest the AmericInn Bloomington East. With the reasonable price of one nights room my car was secure and cared for, and we were treated better, way better, than expected.

Room Tip: Please see comments above