“Always genuine”

Joy's Pattaya Thai
Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Richfield
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Always fabulous, always friendly. Plenty of variety, consistently well prepared. Best spring rolls ever! Work your way through the menu start to finish.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stopped this past Friday evening around 7pm. We read about Joys on Tripadvisor and it was fairly close to our hotel. Right on the corner, it seemed fairly easy to find at night. Parking to the rear and I believe to the side. Not a huge parking lot. We were seated right away and attended to quickly. Joys seemed fairly busy. We were treated well and were never forgotten. We had the Cream Cheese Wontons as an appetizer. Yummy. The sauce that came with it was fairly spicy. I ordered the Pad Kee Mow (Drunken Noodle) with Chicken and my wife had the Friday evening special. A dish using fried Walleye. That came with white rice. My Pad Kee Mow was very good and I did not think it was too spicy. Portion size seemd just right. (after eating an appetizer) My wife thought the Walleye dish was very spicy. All in all both meals were very good. The prices seemed fair. We were glad we stopped.

1  Thank iowacityia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

It's right on the corner after the traffic light on W 76th St, but there is a big tree covering the sign somehow that I missed it and ended up going to the next parking lot! There is access to it if you just turn right on the light and go into the small parking lot to the left. I had the pineapple fried rice with added steak and I had better.Maybe because I asked for no MSG. I'm not sure if the flavor relies so much on that but it was kind of boring. My boyfriend had the red curry with chicken at medium hotness, he said it was good, but he was hungry; so my theory is that when you are hungry, everything tastes good. He did say it was spicy even at the "medium" level.The place used to be another Thai restaurant and before that it was a breakfast place according to the waitress. The atmosphere it's like a diner: busy and small. The have done a nice job painting it and decorating it, the bathroom it's getting there yet. Plan for around $30 fro two without drinks.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Food and service were both good. Portion size for entree was a bit small compared to other restaurants, but nice for two <150 lb women to share w/appitizer. They did pretty good with atmosphere with the building they have. Overall recommend!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The servers are friendly at this good Thai restaurant. The food is good; not great, not bad. The environment is friendly enough at this converted sub shop. The prices are a tad higher than at comparable restaurants.