Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while visiting friends. The hotel is very conveniently located, easy to get on and off the freeway. They are under going renovations, so my room seemed brand new. I loved the look of the place and the bed was very comfortable. The only complaints I had were they were renovating the rooms next to mine and the workers were quite loud taking outside my door and also housekeeping would knock on my door before I was up even though the "don't disturb" sign was on my door. Other than that my stay was wonderful. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I received this hotel on hotwire for a good price. We had a early flight out of the MSP airport the next day. Check in was easy. Room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. There is a restaurant on premise, but we did not eat there. We did have a drink in the Lounge area that was a nice end to our day. If I have another early flight out of MSP I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed here for one night ahead of morning meeting at the Radisson Blu Mall of America. My stay at the Four Points did not get off to a good start. It took over 30 minutes for the airport shuttle to arrive for pick-up from the airport. Once we arrived to the hotel, there was a big line of people waiting to check-in. The line was due to some problem they had making key cards. So they were checking people in and then escorting them to their rooms. While waiting, the noise of some renovations occurring in the pool area were extremely loud, I was fearful that I would have trouble relaxing and perhaps the rooms would be a bit dilapidated. I couldn't have been more wrong!

Was given a lovely king bedroom on the fifth floor. The television was massive and I quickly set up by the work station for my conference call (two power ports there, but a bit hard to find). Bed was nice, bit firm but had clean sheets and overall feel of room was that it had been renovated. Shower was nice and clean, very basic. Overall, I would definitely consider staying here in the future. The staff were wonderful in arranging shuttles to both the Mall of America and hotel. Extremely accommodating and very patient with guests.

Did also manage to use the gym in the hotel which has two treadmills and two ellipticals. There are also free weights and some exercise bikes but be warned, it can get crowded in the morning if you want to have a run or get a general workout in before the day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I love Sheraton Hotels. This one had the typical awesome bed and nice amenities. The restaurant at the hotel was pretty good and was reasonably priced. Check in was easy and all of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed here fairly briefly, as we needed an overnight hotel in order to catch a flight at 6 a.m. the following morning. The only thing that brings the score down is the fact that the rooms are very small. If you have a family of 4 (with teenagers), the room will work, but will be very tight. The bathroom is poorly laid out such that you have to close the door to dry your hair. The rooms have or are in the process of being remodeled. It is clean and was fine for us for an overnight. If I was staying longer, I'd want 2 rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here the 30th and the 31st of March. Wow the evening front desk clerk when I checked in was so helpful! He was nice, smiling, and let me no about the pool, bar, the resturant. He is the front desk clerk everyone should be! I work in customer service myself and seeing people like that makes me wish everyone was like that. My room was clean a little cluttered with all the business squares but I really liked it. The housekeeper cleaned our room nice when we got back while we were out of our room. I am glad I got a good deal on Hotwire with this room. I get some bad luck on hotwire but this one was good!!! Thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I've stayed in a lot of nice hotels. This hotel went above and beyond with great service. I was also really impressed with the night manger Alan. This hotel was able to work with me to tend to my needs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel/location. I think whoever thought up Four Points got it absolutely right when they thought of spending the money where it absolutely counts: The most comfortable beds/pillows I've slept on outside of my own home.

Of course, being a Starwood Property, they've got the other bases covered: Very Clean, Moderately Upscale, Great Room/Guest Amenities, Extremely Friendly/Professional Staff, Free Shuttle Services, Breakfasts Prepared to Order etc. But I'll tell you what, the Bed is what sold me on a second visit. I remembered it was a great night sleep, I just forgot how great.

My Story: Last Saturday, like so many others traveling out of MSP that day, my flights connecting in Denver were cancelled due to a snow storm in Denver. So after standing in lines and realizing that there were no alternatives, I agreed to leave the next morning. I then opened up my laptop and began looking for a hotel. It was then that I remembered my last positive experience at Four Points, I remembered that bed being super comfortable. The rate was very reasonable so I booked it. I called their shuttle and like clockwork, they met me just as I was walking out the terminal. They were extremely friendly and understanding, made me feel very welcome. Even though I was there just before noon, they had me up to my room straight away. When I got up there, I decided to take a nap after a 5am wake-up and no flight. As soon as I hit the bed, I knew I made the right decision to stay there. It's the one thing most hotels overlook and (if you think about it) it's ultimately what you spend the most time doing in a hotel. Best sleep I had all week!

Bottom line: Clean, Upscale without being overbearing, Extremely Friendly, Professional and Helpful staff, Decent Amenities, Perfect Location, Reasonably Priced and (best of all) THE MOST COMFORTABLE BEDS...

Room Tip: If your flight was cancelled due to weather, get a voucher saying so from the airline, Four Points h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!