Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stay at this hotel about once a year. This stay was special as my 10 year old got to pick anywhere in the US to stay and he picked this hotel. This seemed odd to me, since we live 10 mins away and he could have flown anywhere. I called the hotel prior to our arrival and told them why we were coming and asked if there was anything they could do to make it an extra special Mother/Son weekend for him. At first I was told they really didn't have anything extra. The day of our arrival, I received a phone call and much to my surprise, they told me they had made a gift bag for him and would have it upon arrival. We should up at the hotel and he was treated like royalty! The entire front desk staff knew his name when we walked in and made him feel so great. We got up to our room and they had upgraded us to a suite and there was a gift bag stuffed with candy, popcorn, pop, playing cards and a huge Superman alarm clock. The stay continued to be wonderful, the staff is nice, the waiter/bartender Elias spent quite a bit of time talking to us. Everyone just went above and beyond to make this a memorable trip for both my son and myself. We will definitely be returning soon! Thank you so much Four Points staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We were delighted to create a special experience for you and your son. Our team is dedicated to superior customer service and it is our pleasure to go above and beyond to create a very special memory. We greatly look forward to welcoming you and your son back again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel, located just off of Highway 494, was pleasant. Because I pricelined it, the value was outstanding. It was clean, quiet, secure and convenient, which was just what we were looking for while QUICKLY visiting the twin cities for an IKEA stop. We did use the pool and the fitness center, too, which were both adequate for our needs. The beds were comfortable as well. The only ammenity that was missing was a continental breakfast, but we did without easily.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you sharing your comments with us. We are happy we could provide you with a memorable experience during your recent stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy our hotel amenities and our accommodations fit your needs well. We hope that you will chose to stay with us again for future trips to the area and we look forward to seeing then!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was my first stay at a Four Points hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations. But, it didn't interfere with our stay.

Everything in the room was new. The bathroom was immaculate with very cool modern design elements. The bed had high quality linens and was extremely comfortable. I love the décor and feel of the room.

We used the complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. Both drivers were so friendly and helpful. They truly took pride in their work and went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The Four Points Minneapolis Airport Hotel is – honestly – uncomplicated and comfortable (to paraphrase their brand statement). I must admit that I was reluctant to give the place a try because I’ve had poor experiences in the past with Four Points properties. The brand seemed to me to be the disposal bin for Sheratons that were run down. But if this property is an indication of what Starwood is doing to this brand I am a fan. (they advertise a $1B investment in the brand.)

The lobby and common areas are still in a bit of transition and I get a sense of how dingy the place likely was when I step into the yet to be converted elevators. But the guest floors and more importantly the rooms and bathrooms are lovely and comfortable albeit small - - but then again this is a value brand. I love the color scheme of contemporary earth tones for the rooms (don’t worry …nothing 1970’s about it) and crisp all white tile and fixtures for the bathrooms err shower rooms. Thankfully they yanked out the tub and replaced it with a nice sized shower. (Do people really want tubs in every-day hotels?). Despite the small rooms, they furnished it quite efficiently and decked it out with a large flat screen TV.

The beds – while not quite as heavenly as Westin – are very nice, crisp (all white bedding) and generously supplied with over-sized pillows. I could stop right there because they just met my basic requirements for a business travel hotel.

But I have to mention the service (very friendly…then again it is Minnesota) and the room service was fast and fresh. Complaints? Not in love with the location. It is marketed as an airport hotel but that’s a bit of a stretch given that it west of Mall of America. I want them to finish the common areas – they are working on them – so the place doesn’t seem in flux. But… this is a very good option if you are in the Twin Cities and want a comfortable hotel without shelling out a ton of money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hotel is close to Mall of America, Waterpark of America, IKEA... Room was comfortable & had stylish furnishings. Beds were comfy, although queen beds instead of doubles would be nice (property does not have any queens.) Also would be wonderful if there was some sort of complimentary breakfast. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. While we do not offer complimentary breakfast we hope you enjoyed the complimentary in room wireless Internet, coffee and bottled water. We do hope you chose to stay with us again on your next visit to Minneapolis. Thanks again and take care!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The hotel is very easy to find and is in a great location if you are going to the airport or the Mall. We arrived quite late to check-in and the young man at the front desk seemed stressed, but was still very nice. The room was pleasant and seems to have been recently remodeled. The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean.

Breakfast was pretty good, but horribly over priced. Like, way over priced. It tasted fine, but $60 for 4 people for essentially buffet food was a shocker. I take the blame for not asking, that is for sure. The nice gentleman working the dining area told me how to get a coupon, so we ending up paying $30 for the 4 of us.

The second night we stayed was disrupted by our neighbors coming home at about 2 am. We had a room that was adjoined to next door and we could hear everything. The neighbors walking on the laminate floor sounded like the adjoining door wasn't even closed. Then one of them began to vomit in the toilet and unfortunately, we could hear that even better than the footsteps. I put some earplugs in, but my husband didn't and said the guy went on for quite sometime. So, that was an interesting turn of events for us. The other couple we traveled with said they slept fine (they were on a different floor). We laughed about our (most likely) dehydrated neighbor in the morning, but I know most people aren't so happy-go-lucky.

There is a small bar in the lobby and there is also a pool, however we did not swim on this trip or visit the bar so I cannot say if that is worth your time or not. I want to be clear that the desk clerks, housekeeping, and the dining staff were GREAT. Everyone was nice and helpful. It would have just been nice to have prices listed for the food and, of course, better sound proofing in the rooms. If you are looking for a very pretty room, have some earplugs, and don't plan on eating on site - this is your place.

Cheers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Chose the Four Points by Sheraton Minneapolis Airport primarily for its location -- I needed something affordable and close to Abbott Northwestern (15 min. drive), where my dad was having heart surgery -- and I really lucked out! I thought this place was great in every way: easy-access location with ample parking, friendly desk staff, fast check-in and check-out, clean, cool euro-chic décor/layout in the room, SUPER-comfortable king bed, large shower and large TV ... and for a Friday night, it was relatively quiet, too, despite being full. I could not beat the price ($99) for the amenities. Great value. No complaints. Didn't check out the restaurant or pool. Next time I need to stay in the Cities, I'll try booking here first, for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!