“Overcharged - nobody correcting the bill.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport

Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
san jose, ca
“Overcharged - nobody correcting the bill.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I am about 3 seconds away from booking a flight back to Minneapolis just to curse out every single person working here.

I stayed an entire week at this location just two weeks ago. I stayed in two rooms because I decided to cancel with another nearby hotel just to make things easier for myself, and just because I have had good experiences here prior to this stay. When I booked the second room, I was told that both rooms would be the same rate - I was also told this when I double checked upon my arrival to the hotel, when I checked out of the first room, and when I checked into the second room. I ASKED THREE TIMES and THEY CONFIRMED THREE TIMES.

Well, guess, what? I have a bill for one room in the high 200s and another in the mid 300s. Why? Well, I don't know, and neither do any of the FOUR people I have spoken to. I've been told by each of them that it was odd that two pre-booked rooms would be charged differently, but nobody has been willing to correct this and send me new receipts. One Manager, Jacob, said he would find someone to fix this and call me back - he hasn't called back, and everyone I have talked to since then has said that he would be the one to fix this. I have also been trying to get a hold of Adam, another Manager, who, despite all the post-its notifying him of my call, takes long lunches and puts me straight through to voicemail.

What pieces of [--]- if you did something wrong, fix it. No Goods, are what they are.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hammyv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

The only thing that kept this from getting a 5 star rating from me is the construction that was going on...the crew was rude, and not willing to make way for guests....I understand having a job to do, but you have to remember to treat the guests with a little respect. Also, the doors to the rooms might be a little thin or something....it was very easy to hear noise and commotion in the hallways.....but other than that, the staff was outstanding, especially Lynda. Eager to please, and very very friendly. The bed may have been the most comfortable bed i have ever slept on. I woudl definitely stay here again, hopefully the construction will be completed by then.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here three nights on business. The hotel is going thru a renovation currently, so the 3 star rating will improve I'm sure when they are completed. There were a couple inconveniences, such as the fitness center was closed, and at times only 1 elevator was in service, while the lobby and ground floor was being renovated. Also, there is road construction outside the hotel which limits the entrances to the property. While the airport is fairly close as the crow flies, it is still about a 15 - 20 minute drive to the terminal, so allow plenty of time with the road construction and detours.

The room itself was nice and quiet. I especially like the room darkening blinds which totally shut out the light. The long desk/cabinets/closet area were built beside each other along the side of the room, which took up a lot of floor space. A large HD TV was mounted on the wall above the desk area, with offered good TV selections.

I would have liked some power outlets on the desktop, but found these mounted under the desk. There also are some power outlets beside the nightstand.

My two double room was comfortable if not luxurious. The bathroom was a bit small, but surprisingly well designed to fit the space. The newly renovated vanity/sink area was nice, if not a bit small.

The in room coffee maker was by the desk, and two,bottles of complimentary water were replaced daily, which was much appreciated.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the airport and Mall of America. the Mall is a must-do, and I went for dinner there a couple nights, not to mention walking for my exercise!

The indoor,pool was open and it was huge, although I didn't have time to use it.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I did have dinner the first night at the hotel bar/restaurant, which was very good. On Wednesday night from 5 - 7, they even offered a complimentary barbecue in the bar area.

overall was a nice stay. When the renovations are completed, the hotel will be even nicer.

Room Tip: Lower floor might be preferable during renovations as 1 of the 2 elevators were sometimes out of ord...
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Generally don't expect the best from a Four Points as it is the base level of Starwood but I thought this hotel was fantastic even while renovations are being completed. The newly renovated room was great with top notch hand scraped wood at the entrance, white subway tile in the bathroom, cool new furniture with compartment style storage and a very comfortable bed. The lobby and computer areas were great. The staff was fantastic - very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was just ok and the breakfast buffet is half price to SPG members. Overall very impressed and look forward to staying here again when the renovations are completed.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Of many hotels that I stay in St Paul area, I always come back to this hotel. Although its under renovation, the employees here never neglect the services. The interior appearance is actually more elegant than before. No matter how hard your day has been, the associates here always know how to put a smile on your face and make you feel right at home

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
We appreciate the time you took to share your review with us. It’s wonderful to hear our associates can always make your day brighter and leave you feeling right at home. Our team is dedicated to creating a home away from home for all our guests through exceptional accommodations and quality service. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I don't usually like Four Points but this one was ok. Rooms are small reminiscent of European hotels. None of the frills but they did some nice things that made my stays there good. Would stay again. Convenient by 494 but without highway noise. Definitely better than the Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn options in Edina.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We appreciate the time you took to share your review. It pleases us to hear you had a quality stay and our convenient location fit your needs well. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with another exceptional stay the next time you are in Minneapolis. Thank you again and take care!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Airport hotel, good connections to downtown and airport. Staff is extremely helpful. Full hot breakfast.

Construction is underway but rooms are well appointed.

Good restaurants in the area. Specially try Noodles & Company.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed our friendly associates and convenient location. We are in the process of a complete hotel renovation so thank you for your understanding and we invite you back to experience our fully renovated hotel, set for completion in the coming months. Thanks again and take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!