“2 1/2 stars for the Sheraton”

Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I really wish Trip Advisor would allow for 1/2 stars. I feel that giving this hotel 2 stars is a little harsh; however there were a few key flaws that really prevent me from giving it 3 stars (in my opinion, a 3 star hotel should be a flawless but basic hotel).

This is very much an average airport hotel with a few nice touches - coffee and water in the lobby and free wireless throughout. Convenient shuttle to/from the airport (which really isn't all that close). And the staff at the front desk was really friendly (no auto check-out though - and I'm used to getting my receipt in the morning under my door on business trips...not taking an extra 5 minutes to wait at the front desk).

The room was just OK. Slight musty smell when I walked in, but then I stopped noticing it. Unfortunately it was very noisy at night - the air conditioner was really loud; to the point that I kept turning it off. Then the room would quickly heat up and I'd have to turn it on again. This cycle repeated all night resulting in a very poor night's sleep. Then, the water in the shower never heated up all the way; it was warm, but not the steaming hot temperature I prefer. So the hotel really failed on the two most important aspects of a business hotel: a good night's sleep and a great shower.

Given the choice, I wouldn't choose this hotel again. If visiting Minneapolis, I'd pick somewhere else, probably closer to the city.

1  Thank Sunny77777
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy a restful night’s sleep during your recent stay with us as that is one of our top priorities. Your comments regarding the air conditioning unit have been addressed and properly handled so that it will not impact future guest stays. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Things started out badly... called for shuttle from airport, promised in 20 minutes, had to call back at 45 minutes, picked up at around the 1 hour mark. Greeted at checkin by an empathetic and apologetic employee who did her best to make it right.
Modern looking/feeling hotel. All of the amenities that a business traveler would come to expect (ample power sources, free wifi, free bottle of water, etc.). Excellent breakfast. Excellent central location. Excellent rate. Would definitely stay again if I were traveling solo for business.

Room Tip: Utilize the free shuttle for quick trips to Mall of America or the airport.
1  Thank Ron J

Thank you for your review. While we genuinely apologize for the delay in being picked up from the airport, we are happy to hear that you still enjoyed a pleasant stay with us. We are so happy that you stopped by! We look forward to seeing you again during your next business trip.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights to try SPG. I’m Diamond with Delta and they offer some perks to SPG members that don’t have status.
Location: Convenient and close to airport. I had a 9AM flight and made it in less than 15 minutes.
Check-in: Was fine. The Front desk agent didn’t seem to care one way or the other. .
Rooms: Definitely on the smaller side. Bathroom was extremely small. It was perfect for the one night but I wouldn’t recommend an extended stay.
Cleanliness: Room was clean. The only downside was that the towels had a large stain on it. I had others but poor attention to detail.
Breakfast: had access but didn’t try.
Internet: I still don’t understand why a place that clearly is for travelers has extremely slow internet. With more and more people using the internet, they clearly didn’t add to the capacity. I finally gave up and used my air card that was faster than the hotel wifi.
Overall, It’s perfect for one night before or after arriving at the airport. I couldn’t see myself staying here for an extended period of time.

2  Thank WorldTraverler73
Reviewed 18 August 2014

If it weren't for the fact that we had a persistent number of problems with the keys to our room over our three day stay, then I would have given this a higher grade. Actually, the rooms are spotless and reasonably priced. They tell you that if you want to "go green" you will not have housekeeping change the linens or the sheets. Be aware that it means they won't enter the room or make the beds either. It also means you won't get your coffee refilled. I appreciated the airport shuttle which got us to and from the hotel easily. A good value if you want to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnRegoPark
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was a nice find right off of busy I-494 and Lyndale Avenue. Convenient to everything including the Mall of America and Airport. The desk staff was exceptional and went out of their way to be sure everything was perfect. I couldn't have been more impressed. The rooms were nice and up to date with very comfortable beds, large TV and nice shower. Parking was convenient and well lit. We were there on free barbecue and beer night so a free meal and beer on top of everything else. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hapcity
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very nice rooms! Clean, comfortable and QUIET! Which is what I need in order to sleep before an early morning flight! Breakfast is free for "members" only but wifi is free for everyone. M
Reasonably priced for the nice rooms so very much worth your money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank riccim1969
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there recently for a business trip and the hotel was pretty nice. Rooms are modern and clean; the beds were pretty comfy too. I enjoyed the 50 inch tv in the standard room. I cannot suggest this hotel to parents with little kids because there are no bathtubs in the standard rooms. Not a problem if you don't need one, but I have small children and this would be a problem for me. The breakfast was standard hotel fare and nothing was better than average, but in this class it was expected. Overall I was happy with this hotel and would definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Caryn G, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do have bathtubs in our standard rooms with 2 beds that work perfectly for families. Our standard kings do only have the large shower area. Each room type caters to the specific needs of our guests. For families we offer an exiting pool and whirlpool area, media room, on-site restaurant and shuttles to MSP and MOA. We hope that you will think of us again when traveling to the Minneapolis area for both business and with your family. Once again, thank you for your review and for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!