“Candlewood Suites, Richfield - An Excellent Choice”

Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Super friendly staff with a big welcome. They couldn't do enough to make my stays at the Candlewood as enjoyable as possible. Extremely comfortable room. Very well heated when its cold outside. Excellent gym facilities. Ideally located for trips to Mall Of America. Could not recommend enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Abisola O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am glad you choose Candlewood Suites and very pleased that you have enjoyed staying with us!

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield

Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I spent a four night weekend in the Minneapolis area. The Richfield property was conveniently located (for our needs), and the lower weekend rates made it an excelent value. But I was really impressed with the customer service. I picked a room using Candlewood's corporate reservation site. The room I picked turned out to be way too small for a 4 night stay. The clerk promptly put us into a larger, more suitable, room at the same price of the smaller room. The new room was very spacioius and the kitchenette was a nice convenience. There's a lot of shopping options nearby, including the Mall of the Americas about 10 minutes away, and its close to several Interstate highways.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side overlook the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Kathy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear that our location was convenient for your needs and that our one bed room suite provided you with the space you needed to feel comfortable. We hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

It was nice had a little kitchen and a very comfortable bed . The park and ride buses were not far its the way to go . We had an ejoyable time at the fair and no stress to drive there.We booked throught the computer Expedia was great.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are glad to hear you like our kitchen and beds and can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was on a business trip and stayed for 12 days in this apartment-hotel in a studio suite. Overall, I would say its location provides a good compromise between affordability and proximity to the interesting areas in MSP. I was fortunate enough to have stayed in their newly renovated rooms and it was quite comfortable. Yes, the elevator still reeked because they were not finished with the renovations when I stayed, but that didn't subtract that much from all the pluses the hotel has to offer. I would expect that this problem would go away once the renovations are complete.

Pros:
1. Friendly, attentive staff. They were quite snappy in catering to my requests, including requesting for a taxi at 4am in the morning. Check-in and check-out was a breeze
2. Large, free parking areas
3. Free laundry facilities
4. In-door gym
5. About two blocks away from the buses going to downtown and Mall of America
6. 15 minutes to airport, downtown Minneapolis, grocery place and Mall of America by car
7. Kitchenette and ironing facilities in the room

Cons:
1. No breakfast, but they provide a cupboard area where you can buy food, though prices are a bit higher
2. Gym facilities, though no swimming pool
3. Not many eating options within walking distance, nor are there many establishments. There is a Best Buy and a baby store about 15 minutes walk, but not much else
4. The old CRT TV doesn't have that much channels
5. Cleaning is once a week only, but you can request if needed
6. Aircon unit is a bit loud, but i just slept through it

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Warlocke

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review. We are pleased to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed our new look. Guests like you are a pleasure and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The rooms are clean, the service is friendly and accommodating. I was here for 4 months for an extended business stay. I worked for hours in the room after working all day in the field. The hotel grounds were kept clean and the service at the front desk was above par.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a review and for sharing your experience with others. We are glad our amenities made your stay more enjoyable while away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I often use tripadvisor but I have never written a review. I am an avid business traveler and had to head to Minneapolis for a last minute meeting when my normal hotel (Embassy Suites Bloomington) was sold out.

Let me begin by telling you that the exterior of the building looks just fine, nothing fancy but it does not turn you off.

Then you enter the building, and you start to smell the odor. As it was a warm day, the first thing I did was check my own armpit, and it wasn't me. So the first floor smells like armpits. The check in process was quick, easy and painless and the front desk staff is very warm and pleasant.

I then proceeded to the second floor where my room was. I am happy to say that the second floor hallway did not smell like armpits, instead is smelled like someone was cooking bacon all day and night. I entered my room and it was no less than 80 degrees. I went directly to the air conditioner to turn it on and realized, it was already on and set for 60 degrees. So the first call to the front desk is propered whereby they pleasantly tell me that a maintenance worker will be up to check it. 30 minutes later the maintenance man arrives goes to the unit, raises the thermostat to 65 and says that should do it and leaves. I let another 30 minutes go by and the temperature of the room does not go down at all.

I now exit the room and go down to the front desk, through the cloud of armpit odor and ask if there is another room that I could be moved to, and I am politely told that the hotel is sold out. The front desk agent then tells me that she can send the maintenance man back to the room to check the unit. I politely decline and respond that he is just going to raise my thermostat again.

I return to my room to find that the security hasp that you normally close when you are going to bed closed behind me and now I cannot enter the room. I go back to the front desk where the agent politely laughs (it was pretty funny) and helps me get back into my room by bending a room card and "breaking in" to the room. At least we didn't have to call the useless maintenance man again.

I then start to settle in and flip back the bed sheets to find hair in the bed. There is nothing that turns a business traveler off more than finding other peoples hair in the bed and bathroom.

In the future if this is the last hotel available, I will choose to sleep in the rental car. This hotel is a "MUST AVOID"!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Joseph Z
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Joseph Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just stayed here for a family vacation. Very good value for the price and the features that are included at Candlewood. Very friendly staff! Easy access to the Mall of America.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Casey,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review. I am glad our hotel was convenient for you and that you got to enjoy some family time. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#33 of 42 in Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield? Share your experiences!