Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
US$71
US$74
US$70
US$124
All reviewsfree laundryan extended staylaundry itemsfull kitchenpurchase foodice makerdaily maid servicea queen size bedseparate bedroomdvd playerlending lockerown cookinglong term stayconvenience storebusiness tripcheck in was smoothexercise room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I booked through my IHG points and got a pretty good deal on this hotel. The kitchen had a full size fridge/freezer, a microwave, one burner with a small pot, a sink, and utensils and dishes for two (I didn't check if you could get more dishes if needed). It even had a dishwasher. So if you're hoping to save some money on a trip, I'd recommend bringing a cooler or hitting a local grocery store to make a few meals yourself - or at least cereal for breakfast.

The "business center" was just a desk in a hallway with a computer and no printer, so that's a bit of a misnomer. Wireless internet access was free and fast. I didn't use the laundry or fitness center but both looked clean and well maintained. I also didn't realize that housekeeping was weekly, so if you need fresh towels you have to go to the front desk to exchange them yourself. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were clean. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and we would be delighted to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked a room online through my Platinum Priority Club Membership. I was recently the victim of identity theft, so I explained when I booked that I would not be traveling with a credit card, but happy to pay cash and make a sizable deposit for incidentals. I have been traveling for the past 3 months like this with no issues anywhere. Always told that as long as I had valid ID there would be no problem. When I got there, I was informed that they could not accept cash for the room payment and needed a credit card. So, I used my Priority Club points to pay for the room which would guarantee payment for the stay, and offered to make a cash deposit that would equal TWICE the cost of the room stay. They refused to check me in without a credit card. Front desk clerk and Manager both looked at me and spoke to me as if I was some sort of criminal. I left. got a cab and went over to downtown St. Paul to the Holiday Inn. They understood my issue, and explained that even though it wasn't their policy, they would check me in with a cash deposit, especially since I had guaranteed payment through Priority Culb. I will NEVER again book at a Candlewood Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sean H
Kathy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Sean,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are truly sorry that we fell short of you expectations. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Thank you again for your review and we hope to make your next stay as best as it can be

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Our room was very nice, comfy bed, clean kitchenette. I was taken aback by the "spin the wheel" option for priority club members to "win" which type of prize or perk they get.
The day of check-out however was a completely different story! We were woken up at 7:30 in the morning by the housekeepers! I'm sorry, but that should NEVER happen. I don't care if my "do not disturb" sign isn't on the door. That's too early on a Sunday morning!
On Sunday evening when we got home and I unpacked, I realized I forgot my earrings in bathroom. So I called the hotel, and talked to a crabby lady who said there was nothing turned in. To which I replied, "Bull! I know they were left there." So she had the housekeeping director look in the room again. But she didn't find anything either. The only explanation is that the housekeeper stole my earrings or threw them away. Thanks a lot Candlewood, my favorite earrings are gone! And you have crooked housekeepers! We'll never be back, and I'll make sure everyone I know, knows about this.

Room Tip: There is no pool at this hotel. There is also no restaurant. Just something they call the Candlewood Cupboard? Very lame.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Landa J,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, MN . I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I purchased the room from hotwire during their "blind special" option for $49 per night and was unhappy when it said that it was a 2 star hotel, however when we arrived I was still somewhat skeptical but when we got our room I was totally satisfied that we made the right choice. The room was spacious, modern, clean,clean, oh yeah and did I say clean, and the bed was super comfortable! Flat screen t.v., recliner leather chair are just a few. Modern appliances in the Kitchen was a huge plus. I would stay here again even at the regular price...location is everything and this is located close to the shopping areas. Front desk service provided good customer service. They had me at hello!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CAfterHis
Candlewood M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We would always do everything to merit the confidence you have shown in us.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Spent a couple weeks here on a business trip, I have stayed in many, many Candlewoods all across the country and I'd say this one probably ranks in the middle of all of those stays, I've had better and I've had worse.

This is an older "L" shaped Candlewood, one of the oldest building layouts but appears to have had a somewhat recent room remodel using the design created by the Savannah College of Art & Design, one of the nation’s top interior design schools. You can obviously tell this is an older property, there are some areas of the hotel that are worn but the rooms themselves are updated at least.

Location is good, easy access to I-494 & I-35W, Mall of America, etc. If you are going to be utilizing the hotel room kitchen there is a new Whole Foods just a few miles away.

The rooms in these older Candlewoods are smaller but the new design is functional and doesn't feel too claustrophobic. Cleanliness was excellent and all the the housekeepers were very friendly. The lady with the long braid in her hair, I didn't catch her name but she might be the head housekeeper, she has a very good understanding of the hotel and how it operates, much better the the front desk staff so you can ask her questions if you have any during your stay.

I got the impression that this hotel is very busy and high traffic, there were nights that were quiet and others where guests were loud and obnoxious. The hotel laundry room was always busy as well and people tend to leave their stuff sitting in the machines for hours after they are done, so if your going to do laundry here better get up early in the AM and commandeer a couple machines ASAP. The hotel should put some signs up that say to be courteous and monitor your laundry, unfortunately idiots forget about it and their stuff is in the machines all day and night.

Parking lot is good sized and can fit an RV or UHaul but there were a lot of trailers parked on the lot that took up tons of spaces as well so if the hotel is sold out you might have trouble finding parking in you arrive late. If your only driving a car you should have no problem even if it is sold out but if you have a trailer try and get their early.

Internet was decent, there were times it was fast but when the hotel was at near full capacity it could really bog down. I did hear one of the employees say that they were going to double the bandwidth soon though so that should help.

One final thing, the hotel has some rancid, nasty smells sometimes that drift in the rooms so......BRING AIR FRESHENERS... ...you'll thank me later :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Candlewood M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, which helps us to create great hotels guest love. Our goal is to always aim higher at providing excellent service to our guest. Our newly renovated rooms, has allowed our guest the comfort they have come to know and a continued way to improve our services. Thank you