“Such a cozy place to stay”

Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks for work with my dog and really enjoyed it. The rooms are newly remodeled and the decor is very up-to-date. The channel selection is pretty good, and I love their mini-mart and exercise room. The price was reasonable and the location was good (close to a Walmart and restaurants, not too far from downtownO. They even have this big field in front where I could walk my dog. The place just felt like a cozy studio apartment. If I ever have to stay for a long period in Minne again, I'd definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms are the ground floor are nice if you have a pet with you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Kristie B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for posting a review. Our amenities are designed to make being away from home more enjoyable. We are glad you were able to travel with your dog and take advantage of our "home away from home" environment. When you return to Minneapolis we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The room was very nice with full fridge, dishwasher and stove. It was good for 2 people but any more and would have been too cramped. They may have larger rooms though. Downside, this place has a charge if you want to get breakfast and its a continental at that. Close to restaurants like Starbucks, Chipolte, Pot Belly and a few others. About 10 minutes to Mall of America. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on North side are not overlooking the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would choose Candlewood Suites in the future. When you return, you may want to consider our One-Bedroom Suite. This suite has all the same amenities (full kitchen) but affords guests a little more room offering a separate bedroom with a queen bed and a living area with a sofa sleeper. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I love this place. . The rooms are great they got a dvd player and movies at front desk got cookies practically every evening. . They have a cupboard of things to choose w/d are free a workout room really good. . The staff is really nice. . Over all it was a nice place to stay

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank KeshiaFincher
Kristie B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for posting a review and for sharing your experience with others. We are glad our amenities made your stay more enjoyable while away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for more than 3 months on a business trip. The hotel has nice rooms with attached kitchenette. Being vegetarian, the kitchenette facility came to my rescue. The hotel do not have food arrangements but is conveniently located and thus all the market places are nearby. the staff is very friendly and they even upgraded my room to a bigger room. The washing facility is complementary. The room cleaning is done once in 5-7 days

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Kathy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us, it was a pleasure serving you. We appreciate your business, and value your feedback as it allows us to continue to improve our services to satisfy our guest. Again thank you.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the slowest internet I've ever experienced. During the evenings it doesn't work because there are too many people on it. I called IT and they said there was nothing I could do to fix it. The room was updated and clean but I'll never stay here again because of the internet issues.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank fleskr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear fleskr,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room condition and cleanliness. Please accept our apologies that we fell short of your expectations with the internet connection. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to make your next stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I don't understand how they have any guests at all with the customer service provided. The only good customer service person was Christopher. He is definitely worth more than what the compan y is paying. When I asked James about what happened to Anita, the supervisor, he rudely stated that she was fired for being inappropriate. I find that hard to believe as she was the only staff member besides Christopher that went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. Unlike the managers who have their noses in the air and act like their sh** don't stink. Stay far away!! You will regret staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Aura0204
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Aura0204,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My elderly parents and I stayed at this place for one week, over Labor Day 2013. The rooms were absolutely beautiful. We were well pleased. You can NOT trust your reservation, if you book a room ahead of time. We booked our rooms direct, a month in advance (as we needed a first floor handicap room). One week in advance we called the hotel direct and the Operations Manager said "yes" we have your room for you. When we got off the plane and into the hotel she told us we no longer had that room. Someone else was staying in it. Very unprofessional on the hotels part. I felt so bad for my folks. I had trouble with my toilet on Friday evening and was told the engineer would not be back until Monday to fix it and Maybe I could use the toilet in the lobby till then. When standing around the check in counter, I heard of other people having the same troubles as us. Their reservations were NOT being honored and others having. toilet problems. On the great side was our rooms. So very beautiful. Very very nice.

Room Tip: Room across from the fitness center/food center is noisy at all hours.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Candlewood M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Teresa4Sanders,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you were please with the look of your room. However, I am sorry for all the shortcomings on your reservations. We have taken your feed back and shared it with the appropriate team to ensure we are able to better improve our service going forward. We want our entire guest to always be comfortable in their rooms. Excellent customer satisfaction is always our top priority and I truly hope you would give us an opportunity again soon to better serve you. Thank you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#28 of 43 in Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield? Share your experiences!