“One of the better Candlewood Suites”

Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Hartford
“One of the better Candlewood Suites”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stay at Candlewood Suites all over the country. This property is one of the best. The location is perfect to get into the city or airport. Directly off the highway. Th place is clean and the Candlewood Cupboard is well stocked. Oh yes, the price is right for the area. I will stay here again on my next trip to the area. I recommend you give this hotel a try.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kristie B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Steve375,
Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites and for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
MN
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spent 8 days at Candlewood during some training and brought my Great Dane with me. The hotel is clean an staff is friendly. There is a nice pet potty area way from hotel traffic- my only issue is that the smokers use the poop can as their ashtray or don't pick up their butts. Free laundry for guests was a bonus. The proximity to parks and shopping is nice as well. The internet connection leaves a bit to be desired, I would give it a 5 except for the poor internet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank culiath
Kathy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear krb0471,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for staying with us. Your feedback is appreciated. We are sorry to hear of your disappointments regarding your experience at our hotel and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for review.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The recent redecorating of this hotel has brought it back! The staff is friendly and accommodating; the location is handy to many venues in Minneapolis & St. Paul. The small convenience shop has most items you might need for quick meals or snacks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kathy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Awesome service at a great price! I booked this hotel mainly because of rate. After staying with them, I realized that this property is great because of service too! Always accommodated me whenever I needed anything. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear tblovinlife08,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service we provided. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Road Warrior
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel the same time last year and had an OK stay so I returned again, unfortunately though this time was not as good so I ended up checking out early. and going somewhere different.

I mean this hotel is perfectly adequate with the exception of one huge, glaring issue......the wireless Internet is complete and utter garbage.

If you are a traveler who requires a reasonably fast and RELIABLE Internet connection avoid this hotel at all costs. If you come here thinking that you will be kicking back in the evenings streaming your favorite shows on Netflix or Hulu you are going to be woefully disappointed because it's not going to happen I can assure you. This hotel is near full to capacity every night and the network doesn't have anywhere remotely close to the necessary bandwidth needed to handle it.

Yes during the day, when folks are at work, it's marginal...... assuming it's actually working that day that is.....though there were days that it took 2 or 3 minutes just to open Google even at 4:30AM. Most of the time though you can generally surf around with out too many problems early in the day, heck you might even be able to stream or download something if your lucky but by around 3PM it starts to slow and by 5PM, when all the various construction workers and others who stay here get home, its useless. I do not like paying $600 a week for a garbage Internet connection that only works part of the time. This is not a Motel 6 or EconoLodge, it is an IHG hotel there has to be standards they must maintain or risk losing their Candlewood moniker.

I've stayed in many, many IHG hotels across the country and this one has the worst Internet connection that I have encountered in the past 5 years. Someone at IHG corporate needs to contact the owners of this hotel and give them an ultimatum, provide your guests with a reasonably quick and reliable Internet connection or pay a fine, it's as simple as that. It's pretty obvious that the owners are trying to same a dime by utilizing the cheapest and worst ISP out there and there is no excuse for this given the hotel is doing a lot of business regularly.

Beyond the Internet issues the hotel is fine, the room was clean and well equipped. This is a very noisy hotel both inside with guests and outside with construction of the new dealership going on next door but it would have been tolerable had the internet actually worked decent.

Needless to say I will not be back. From here on out I'll go to the Towneplace Suites in Eden Prairie, same price, same amenities but with a working Internet connection.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AlCzervik1
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are sorry to hear of your disappointments regarding your experience at our hotel and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for review.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks for work with my dog and really enjoyed it. The rooms are newly remodeled and the decor is very up-to-date. The channel selection is pretty good, and I love their mini-mart and exercise room. The price was reasonable and the location was good (close to a Walmart and restaurants, not too far from downtownO. They even have this big field in front where I could walk my dog. The place just felt like a cozy studio apartment. If I ever have to stay for a long period in Minne again, I'd definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms are the ground floor are nice if you have a pet with you.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kristie B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for posting a review. Our amenities are designed to make being away from home more enjoyable. We are glad you were able to travel with your dog and take advantage of our "home away from home" environment. When you return to Minneapolis we look forward to welcoming you back!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The room was very nice with full fridge, dishwasher and stove. It was good for 2 people but any more and would have been too cramped. They may have larger rooms though. Downside, this place has a charge if you want to get breakfast and its a continental at that. Close to restaurants like Starbucks, Chipolte, Pot Belly and a few others. About 10 minutes to Mall of America. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on North side are not overlooking the highway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would choose Candlewood Suites in the future. When you return, you may want to consider our One-Bedroom Suite. This suite has all the same amenities (full kitchen) but affords guests a little more room offering a separate bedroom with a queen bed and a living area with a sofa sleeper. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#33 of 42 in Bloomington

Been to Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield? Share your experiences!