“One of our fav spots” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 298 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Create your own Asian stir-fry! Choose from our fresh selection of meats, seafood, noodles, veggies and Asian-influenced sauces. Customize your Mongolian BBQ masterpiece, then watch as it’s cooked on our grill of epic proportions. It’s all-you-can-eat, so you can try as many combinations as you want! A unique dining experience for the whole family.
Rochester, Minnesota
“One of our fav spots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great place to experiment or stick with your favorite dishes every time. Something for everybody and a great place for vegetarians, too. My husband loves piling the meat on for the grill, while I enjoy doing mostly veggies. This is one of our favorite spots to dine out with friends who love the spicy, and hot, while we get our more "tame" choices. Will go again and again.

• Visited August 2013

Armstrong, Iowa
“its up to you to make the flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have found my perfect combination of sauces to make my beef and noodles the best ever. the waitress always asks how is it, it is my fault if I didn't choose the right meat veg and sauce combo. if you don't know what you like just make small portions and go back many times. this is so fun with them cooking it all right in front of you and your friends.

Visited September 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Adequate, but far from the best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Located in the Apache Mall in Rochester, MN, this was the first Mongolian Grill that came up in our search of the area. We enjoyed it, but we've had better in other locales. The pro's: You can make as many trip as you like. Soup or salad is included with dinner. The grill went quickly even with a significant dinner crowd. The con's: Limited selection. Small bowls. Curled, frozen meat which made it difficult to properly load the bowl. Food was stirred in location on the grill and the bottom quarter inch of food didn't get onto the plate, it got scraped into the garbage.

Our acid test is, "would we return next time we're in the area?" This one scored a "No".

• Visited September 2013
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Not only great food, but also great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I am gluten-free, so was apprehensive when friends wanted to go here. I asked about gluten-free options, and was given a sheet with all the allergen information. I was also given a different colored bowl then the rest of the people in our party. I was able to get exactly what i needed. When I approached the grill, the staff cleaned the grill with water, and put up a "fence" of sticks so that my food would not get contaminated. The food was delicious. Everything in the buffet was fresh and appealing. Ok, so this was a surprise in itself, but a great one. Another was that the price charged was for unlimited trips. While I don't eat enough for more than one serving, I did notice people who made several trips to the grill. No need for people to stack their bowls so high.

• Visited August 2013
Minnesota
“Not sure about all the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I visited HuHot for the first time recently. I'd consider this a buffet.
What turned me off from the experience is watching people overfill their bowls, watching food from one bin get mixed with other bins, the amount of food getting dropped and wasted on the floor or around the counters, how each person's order is contaminated with items from other people's orders as they are cooked and the large amount of food that is thrown away during the grilling process.
I'm not sure why people overfill their bowls. Because people are "trying" things it seems they will only end up wasting a lot of food.
I wasn't impressed. I didn't think the meat or fish choices seemed very good quality.
I did not enjoy finding meat in my dish that I didn't put in there, but was added into my meal as the cooks moved around the grill using the same utensils on everyone's meal.
Don't go here if you have serious food allergies. I can't imagine there is a possible way to avoid cross contamination.

• Visited July 2013