Comfort Suites Rochester
Red Carpet Inn(Rochester)
Very Good 4/5
Rochester Inn(Rochester)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssoupwafflescookieschoice hotelsfront deskmayo clinichot breakfast in the morningmovie theatervery nice hotelplace to stayhot tubspacious roommayo ratenice sizethe breakfast areathe entire hotelwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days at this location. Requested a quiet location to recover. We encountered HUGE SPIDERS, MAJOR ELECTRICAL ISSUES in the restroom, filth from previous guest that was cleaned up 4 days into our stay after multiple complaints. They laughed about the spiders. Not funny to me, I'm afraid of them! It took them 3 days to address the electrical problems. They put a sports team adjacent to our room! No piece or quietness. Breakfast is poor, undercooked eggs, poor selection.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you require peace and quiet! Due to surgery, we stayed on the bottom floor which was good until we were taken over by a sports team that was very loud and disrespectful of other guests! Maybe try to top floor in a corner...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pam L
Razu248, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us your thoughts on our hotel! I am very sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay! I am very sorry about the spiders that you had found in your room! Like most hotels in Rochester we do have an exterminator come in monthly to check all of our nooks a crannies of our hotel and I brought it up to him on their last visit and it has been addressed. I am not sure why it took so long for the electrical issues in your bathroom to be addressed by our maintenance staff but I have spoken to them about it and they have been a lot more attentive sense your stay! I am very sorry about the noisiness of the kids from your stay. We do have each group member sign a Group Conduct Contract stating that there will be no running and no yelling in the halls at any time and that quiet time is enforced at 10 pm every evening and we try our best to keep up with them. I am very sorry again about the issues you encountered and we hope you will try us again in the future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Have stayed here multiple times over the last 3-4 yrs. The last 2 disappointing stays have degraded our rating from a 5-star to a 3-star. The same dirty messes (cracker crumb piles, small pieces of paper litter, lint piles, etc) were in the exact same places in the hallways and elevators when we checked in and when we checked out 48 hours later. The pillow cases and the sheets on one of the queen beds were wrinkled and appeared unchanged from prior visitors use. (We didn't use that bed!) The room AC unit sounded ike a jet engine when the compressor kicked in and did a better job keeping us awake all night than regulating the room temp. The snack shop has been closed. The breakfast has been considerably pared down from the past. The OJ and decaf coffee remained empty the entire 30 min we waited for their refill during the breakfast hours. (The front desk gal was in charge of both the desk and breakfast and could not keep up evidently.) Sadly, this used to be our favorite motel in Rochester. In short, management changes since early 2013 have obviously resulted in cutbacks in both services and cleanliness. We really liked this quiet south part of Rochester, but will give that up for better comfort and care of customers elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lucky L

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel! I am so sorry that your stay was a little disappointing compared to your last stays! I hope to make it up and you will try our hotel in the future! I have spoken with our housekeeping staff and have directed them to vacuum the hallways more often, and the bedding issue has been addressed. I have also spoken to the desk staff on keeping the Market Place fully stocked at all times. As for the breakfast, we are in the process of hiring new staff for that position and the issue will be resolved shortly! Again I am very sorry about your disappointing stay but I truly hope you will give us another shot in the future!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Room was a little on the small side but very clean and comfortable and met our needs beautifully. The king size bed and pillows were excellent. Bathroom was much nicer than most but I would have appreciated a rack by the sink to hang a hand towel and a spot for the hand washing soap.
The heating controls were a little odd and took some effort to figure out.
The hotel is a bit out of town but is an easy drive to shops and restaurants. We loved that the area was quiet with a nice paved walking trail.
The breakfast area was decent but felt cramped if there were more than 3 people trying to get food at a time. Usual selection of cereal, waffles, pastries, sausages, fruit and yogurt. Juice comes from one of those machines that mixes it as it pours...not my favorite. Still, it provided a sufficient grab and go way to start the day.
Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to tell us your thoughts about our hotel! Its wonderful to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations with their professionalism as we is their personalities! I am sorry to hear that our air control system was a little difficult to figure out. I know that it is a new system to the Rochester area and something that is hard to get used to! I hand towel rack in the bath room is a wonderful idea! We will try and work our some sort of an idea to make that happen! Thank you again for taking your time to review our hotel and we hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Rochester Minnesota!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The rooms are super spacious. I booked the 2 queen room with a pullout couch, and was pleasantly surprised by the space in room. Significantly larger than your average 2 queen room. The bathroom was excellent, and the whole place was very clean. The pool area was nice--main pool a tad small, but the kids enjoyed it much the same. The hot tub was large, and very hot--which I like. The breakfast was not one of those breakfasts you would remember for weeks, but it was better than many--2 waffle machines, an egg choice and a meat choice. Certainly a 4 star breakfast. We were just passing through Rochester on a mini vacation, but clearly many people staying here were Mayo bound, so that seems like a good option as well. I believe they have a shuttle. Loved the staff as well. Overall, I would certainly recommend this place to my mom...and she has so many hotel requirements it is comical.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! Its great to hear that you had such a wonderful time on your Mini Vacation! Its always nice to hear that our staff, breakfast, and pool area are the favorites during your stay! Thank you again for taking the time to tell us your thoughts! We hope to see you and your family again soon on your next trip to Rochester Minnesota!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

!st trip to Mayo, and what a blessing this Hotel was! Very clean! The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was great! Bacon, muffins, waffles, fresh fruit, juices... and more! The beds are very comfortable! Tons of pillows! I will staying there again very soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Fran M

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! Its wonderful to hear that your stay met all of your expectations! We hope to keep exceeding them each time you stay with us again! Our breakfast is something that we strive for to be delicious everyday! With the hot items changing every day we hope that you stay with us more to try each of our menu items through out the week! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review on us and we hope to see you again soon!