“Excellent!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed at the Hampton-North while visiting our son who lives in the area. Newer hotel with all the services that we needed at the hotel and the local area. We plan on staying here again on our next visit. Very clean hotel which is a must with me.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
little_bt82, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Dear Visiting Parents,

Thank you so much for selecting out hotel to stay while you were in town. We are happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We agree, a clean hotel is the only way to go when traveling. A clean hotel is something that is very important to us in both the sleeping rooms and all public areas. Thank you again for your business and writing a review. We are looking forward to being your host again.

The Hampton Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 30 November 2011

We have been making annual visits to Mayo Clinic in Rochester for ten years and have tried every three star hotel except the more recently renovated Double Tree. The Hampton Inn and Suites still feels new and is well maintained. We now prefer to stay out of the downtown area of Rochester and away from the shadows of all the Mayo buildings and whole medical atmosphere. The distance from the Inn to Mayo is no problem and not a factor unless you absolutely prefer to be in walking distance. The hotel provides shuttle service if needed.

We were frustrated for years going to Rochester because each hotel we tried seemed old, stodgy and almost like staying in a hospital. We even found it depressing to stay near the clinic. The Hampton Inn feels like a good breath of fresh air compared to the downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Request a suite if available.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank UofR64
little_bt82, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I am so happy to hear that we have changed your attitude about traveling to Rochester! We are happy that your enjoyed your time with us here at the hotel and in your suite. Our suites are great for visitors who stay for more than one evening. They give you great space and a nice place to come “home” to after a long day downtown.

We’re looking forward to being your host again in the future!

The Hampton Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks while traveling for work. The night front desk people were always there to open the door and take an interest in us. It felt like family. Since we were there with a group, the lobby was the perfect place to get together and spend time. All of the people we met were delightful and helpful. Matt and Andy were my favorites! The pillowtop king beds and pillows were very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
little_bt82, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay here at Hampton Inn & Suites. I am excited to hear that you had such a great stay with us. You’re right, the lobby is a great place for groups to get together to work or just to visit! I will definitely let both Matt and Andy know how much you enjoyed their company! Thank you again and we hope that we can be your host again sometime in the future if you are ever traveling through Rochester.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Over the past year my family and I have stayed at this hotel 4 times totalling nearly 8 weeks. Frankly I will stay no where else while in Rochester. The staff is always courteous. The hotel is always clean. Parking is free. Their free shuttle is available on the half hour for travel downtown. I stay exclusively at HiltonHonors properties. This Hampton Inn ranks near the top of any of them.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms on the 2nd floor and 4th floor. All are good. Rooms overlooking parking lot...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
little_bt82, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and taking the time to write a review. I’m glad you and your family enjoy staying with us while you are in town, we love having you here! Hilton Honors is such a great program with lots of great perks and I’m glad that your family supports the Hilton family.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

The hotel was very nice, but when we got to our room we had no trash bags in our garbage cans.. I went to a housekeeper to ask for some and I was told I couldn't have any and to just throw my trash in the empty can, and as I walked past her cart I noticed a whole role of trash can liners on it.. My wife, as a former housekeeper at a hotel, knows how things should be.. The front desk clerk that night was great, helped us with what we needed and treated us with respect..
The next morning about 10:15 the housekeeper knocks to see if we are checking out, when our Do Not Disturb sign was visible in the door.! But other than those little things our stay was nice. And we had a lot of fun!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
little_bt82, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Thank you for staying with us last weekend while traveling here with your family. Also, thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I apologize about the missing trash bags in your room and the disturbance in the morning. I can assure you that our lead housekeeper will make sure to talk to all of the housekeepers about the importance of do not disturb signs again. We have removed all liners from our rooms as part of an industry trend and because our garbage cans are built to uphold and clean out good without the use of liners. Our housekeepers carry four different liners on their carts and should have provided one of those to you upon request though. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit.

Beth and the rest of the Hampton Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and similar properties and without a doubt, this is the best yet.
The entire hotel was spotless, and there were nice public areas. The room was a good size. what sets this property apart is the staff, every one of them. Every staff member went out of there way to be as helpful as popular. they have a shuttle to the Mayo Clinic or to local restaurants, etc. It is unfair to single out any employee but Andy at the front desk is one employee who we remember most.
The service here is much better than some more expensive places.

1  Thank love to travel 18
little_bt82, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Loves to Travel 18,

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Customer service is very important to us here and I’m happy to hear that you were affected by it in a positive way! I am going to post this review in our back office and make sure that I say thank you to each and every staff member to made this possible. If you travel to Rochester again we would be honored to have you and your family stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a business trip to Rochester. There is nothing particularly remarkable about this hotel, but what they do they do well. The rooms are nice, but not remarkable, check-in was fast and friendly, it has a decent fitness center, and a nice but small pool. The parking is a little convoluted and the hotel sits back from the main street and is not necessarily easy to get the right driveway (need better signs), but after you figured it out the first time it really isn't a big deal.

The afternoon after I had checked out I went back by the hotel to sit in the lobby and use the wireless for a couple of hours to get some work done, while sitting there a staff member came up an offered me a cold bottle of water, not a big deal, but it was nice and showed that the staff is trying to take care of the customers even when not being asked.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us this month while you were traveling here on business. We appreciate all of your feedback as we use all of these reviews to understand what is important to our guest as well as what we can do differently to make sure that all of our guest have a great experience. I hope that you will stay with us again next time that you visit Rochester.

Thank you again for your feedback and business!